Jagged Alliance 3 - VS Mode (Multiplayer)

LoboNocturno

I can imagine for most of us Jagged Alliance lovers, a multiplayer mode is always on our minds. Can remember on JA2 there was a modded VS mode were we could battle with each other.

Hopefully there will be a similar mode like that too, were each player can select some mercs like 3 VS 3 or 5 VS 5 as example then select a sector to battle with each other, this would create surely extra fun to us after finishing the game multiple times.

Also see who owns the better tactical strategy.

Just imagine a battle between mine and your mercs in 1 sector that last like for a hour. With lots of stealth action, flanking, taking cover etc... This would be simply legendary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This would be awesome! And there are many possibilities which could be realized by modding. I could well imagine a coop-mode or a mode in which several players have completely different objectives, that cross each other. Or a scenario in which one team needs to take a building and the other must defend it etc.

• Like 1

I am not interested in PvP deathmath for JA games, at all. It's really not a place where this franchise has something to offer.
Coop campaign? yeah! Would be hard to implement but could be interesting.
Stategic PvP? Hmm maybe, but it should emphasise on player agenda, conquering sectors, subduing factions, taking objectives, etc.
Deathmatch ala Deadly games? A waste of time if you ask me.
Don't you think the base game already has a lot to care about before going into that?

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 12:18 PM, Grim said:

I am not interested in PvP deathmath for JA games, at all. It's really not a place where this franchise has something to offer.
Coop campaign? yeah! Would be hard to implement but could be interesting.
Stategic PvP? Hmm maybe, but it should emphasise on player agenda, conquering sectors, subduing factions, taking objectives, etc.
Deathmatch ala Deadly games? A waste of time if you ask me.
Don't you think the base game already has a lot to care about before going into that?

While I agree, that I would prefer them to focus on the single player aspect because that's also how I've always played these (because never played Deadly Games)..

..for one thing, the Multiplayer part of the 1.13 mod is pretty fantastic!

Not only is it incredibly tactical to choose a map, your mercs, and play against a buddy in a Turn-Based game of JA.. but it simply adds an extra layer of playability, options and friendly competition.

It REALLY does have something to offer in that department.... once there is a solid single-player base.

• Like 3