No voice acting?!

WILDFIRE

Hello JA3 Devs,

i am a huge jagged alliance 2 fan since the beginning and I love this franchise. I am also following JA3 all day and saw your new gameplay trailer. Many parts I liked but as I heard there will be no voice acting I was shocked.

For me Jagged Alliance at its core are the mercs and their personalities. How they interact with you and each other. Its so important and gives this game life and soul. This seperates Jagged Alliance from all the other generic tactic games out there. So if you give us only text boxes this game will be a total failure.

I just hope that they are missing because of the early development. If not I can tell you that this will never be a jagged alliance game. The mercs and their personalities can only be transported with good voice acting so please think about this!

But overall I wish you the best luck with this project. The legendary jagged alliance 2 needs a great successor!

Edited by WILDFIRE
  • Like 6

On 8/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, WILDFIRE said:

Hello JA3 Devs,

i am a huge jagged alliance 2 fan since the beginning and I love this franchise. I am also following JA3 all day and saw your new gameplay trailer. Many parts I liked but as I heard there will be no voice acting I was shocked.

For me Jagged Alliance at its core are the mercs and their personalities. How they interact with you and each other. Its so important and gives this game life and soul. This seperates Jagged Alliance from all the other generic tactic games out there. So if you give us only text boxes this game will be a total failure.

I just hope that they are missing because of the early development. If not I can tell you that this will never be a jagged alliance game. The mercs and their personalities can only be transported with good voice acting so please think about this!

But overall I wish you the best luck with this project. The legendary jagged alliance 2 needs a great successor!

I can only sign my signature under this comment. 😉👍🏼

Now that they've got voices, what about animating the portraits? bring a little life to them while they are talking. 

Also it helps show if their morale is happy or sad, angry or injured. What do you guys think?

Edited by Acid
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Acid said:

Now that they've got voices, what about animating the portraits? bring a little life to them while they are talking. 

Also it helps show if their morale is happy or sad, angry or injured. What do you guys think?

Leaving also my signature under this comment, it must be surely there just like in JA2 otherwise it will be a lil dull for sure.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Acid said:

Thought about that also since the first trailer. The portraits could be more alive so that you can see what the mercs feel and think. 

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Had to dig a little bit to avoid a new topic. 

GOG as well as Steam inform on their shop sites about JA3 voice language is available in english only. Has anyone reliable information about it?

I'm just asking. It's reasonable if there are much more lines than in JA2 and a budget imitiation. 

On 8/27/2022 at 3:52 AM, Acid said:

Yes, but I believe there are much other priorities; explosion effects on people, impact on hit, no diplicate animation when 2 people next to each other die, and many more.

• Like 1

On-topic: Voice acting, from what Iv'e heard in the Dev streams they go voice act everyone, maybe or maybe not everything and all dialogues, but overall it will have the feel that 'all is voice acted', that's how I remembered it ---correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't get too excited. Seeing what they did with portraits I don't have high hopes they will do any better with voice acting. Unless they hire the exact same actors from the early days (even then, voices won't completely sound alike over time but could live with that).

I'd expect Magic to sound like DJ Jazzy Jazz and won't be suprised they will have Scope sounding like Janice from Friends. "Ooooh myyyyy Goooood, I just killed an enemyyyyjj" 😄 

I mean, lets just face it. Characters look clownesque already, might as well match their voices accordingly. Would be really odd to suddenly hear James Earl Jones voicing Gus won't it? 

After all, this is more like a Tropico type of game instead of JA so who cares 😉 

Edited by ShadowMagic
  • Confused 2