Twitch stream a few days ago.. details on the next patch

Beak

Only just realised they did a steam a few days ago, about an hour long..

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1886492048

patch 1.03 dropping later this week, early next week. balance patch. things they mentioned:

- mines will deplete more slowly and will only deplete to 50% on the easiest difficulty level. mines will also show 'deposit size' (how much is left)

- time will increase between guard post attacks on the easiest difficulty level.

- boat from Ernie island will take credit if you run out of money, so you can always leave the starting island

- the good place scripting issue will be fixed (enemies were sticking to one place - not moving, apparently)

- machine guns are getting a nerf/fix, reducing damage slightly, fixed issue with aiming (it was too good), overwatch will change so it only works based on your remaining action points (so fewer attacks potentially) - you still get overwatch attacks, but not as many as before which was always set to max

- black/gun powder drops will increase

- explosion damage was wrong, the formula was adding an extra 30%, so all explosions (including Barry's shaped charges) will be nerfed

- grenade launchers and RPGs accuracy will be nerfed, as the mishap chance will depend on range and explosives skill (also applies to enemies)

also mentioned:

- the soundtrack is out on Spotify

- future patches will look at money sinks, parts and meds drops

- 1st big patch will be mid August (including fixes and modding tool)

- 2nd modding tool update will include a map editor

- inventory changes coming much later

- no plan to introduce 5.45mm

No need to start a new game for this patch.

Thanks for this post, very helpful. It's a bit strange they aren't planning inventory changes until much later. I think this means they are reaction to feedback and didn't plan to have to. That's rather ironic given how many complaints there were about the inventory while the game was still in development.

Thanks for the summary.

1 hour ago, Beak said:

mines will also show 'deposit size' (how much is left)

This one I don't like. It removes uncertainty from the strategic layer, and the point of strategy is to make plans that can tolerate  the unknown. I find it quite enjoyable to calculate how many days I could keep my squad in a worst case scenario, how far away I am from the next mine, and so on. In a way, showing mine deposits is even inconsistent with the reasons given for hiding CtH.

43 minutes ago, Xeth Nyrrow said:

Thanks for this post, very helpful. It's a bit strange they aren't planning inventory changes until much later.

UI/Inventory changes usually require massive code refactoring. As a dev, it's one of the things I dread most, because everything will break.

Yeah thats the gist of what they were saying on the stream too..

29 minutes ago, MateKiddleton said:

UI/Inventory changes usually require massive code refactoring. As a dev, it's one of the things I dread most, because everything will break.

1 hour ago, MateKiddleton said:

I guess it depends upon what they are changing. I was thinking they could address the UI promptly and then delve in to the functionality later. I'm guessing they want to do it all in one go instead though.

If I recall correctly they were thinking about more drastic redesign like specific slots for items, ie nades having dedicated slot. Will see what they come up with but certainly need to keep on bashing this topic.

@MateKiddleton I would also like to see that, it seems not too complex but who knows..