Suggestion: Make discovering loot opportunities not depend on stats

VidarNL

It just makes me have to bunch everyone up and run through every sector together to make sure I see every possible loot or explosive trap. Surely any person who doesn't have 1 in Wisdom knows what a car looks like and knows there might be some parts in it. Or can identify a bush for medicine. It's very annoying. 

After combat and once the sector is free of enemies, the game should just add all loot to the sector stash. The amount and type of loot can still be randomized, with probabilities based on the stats of the mercs in that sector. Similarly, after combat, display all landmines and traps based on the merc with the highest explosive stat.

Pixel hunting was already questionable in 2D games with 640x480 screen resolution, but nowadays it is just annoying.

My last battle of the day usually ends without loot, because I want to exit the game with the happy feeling of combat, not with boredom of looting and organizing.

10 hours ago, VidarNL said:

It just makes me have to bunch everyone up and run through every sector together to make sure I see every possible loot or explosive trap. Surely any person who doesn't have 1 in Wisdom knows what a car looks like and knows there might be some parts in it. Or can identify a bush for medicine. It's very annoying. 

Agree on the bunched up exploring, which is... clunky. Disagree on making things visible instantaneously after combat. I like running around looking for loot.

And about mines, they're ok. I'm playing currently with just 1 merc, who has explosives 4. It's really not a problem.

Not being able to tell an explosive trap from a mechanical one is a bigger issue.

Edited by brato
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, brato said:

Not being able to tell an explosive trap from a mechanical one is a bigger issue.

Somewhere on this forum it was mentioned that it is possible to tell the two apart by the available action. Explosive traps say "disarm trap" and the other "disable trap".

I strongly disagree. Searching for loot is one of my favorite parts of the game, and having your character's stats matter is also an integral part of the game. As for mines and traps, it's a war zone, you should expect dangerous things and prepare for them.

7 hours ago, Elder III said:

I strongly disagree. Searching for loot is one of my favorite parts of the game, and having your character's stats matter is also an integral part of the game. As for mines and traps, it's a war zone, you should expect dangerous things and prepare for them.

My party has EXP 100, I am prepared for mines. The game wastes player's time regarding mines.

9 hours ago, Elder III said:

Not saying I don't want to look around for loot. I love that. I'm just saying that I hate needing a Merc with a skill of X in Mechanical just to see a looting node for parts. It makes me have to bunch them all up to make sure there's always someone who can spot anything, which gets very annoying in small spaces and with small items, like a mobile phone to hack.

Maybe everyone can spot everything, but just a mechanic can actually get the parts from a car and hack a computer for example.

Edited by VidarNL

8 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

My party has EXP 100, I am prepared for mines. The game wastes player's time regarding mines.

I would prefer if we can use the mines we disable. Then we can set up defensive positions and perimeters against invaders like in the old versions. 

On 8/12/2023 at 10:17 AM, Icthusey said:

I would prefer if we can use the mines we disable. Then we can set up defensive positions and perimeters against invaders like in the old versions. 

I would love that also. Imagine putting mines on the path of a patrol, and being somewhere else when all hell breaks loose...

On 8/11/2023 at 10:32 PM, brato said:

Agree on the bunched up exploring, which is... clunky. Disagree on making things visible instantaneously after combat. I like running around looking for loot.

And about mines, they're ok. I'm playing currently with just 1 merc, who has explosives 4. It's really not a problem.

So you are saying an Exp 4 mercs can see the mines? Or are you reloading evertime you hit a mine?