DevDiary 7 - User Interface

THQN Roger

Sorry hate to say it but I truly dislike your art style. This has nothing to do with Jagged Alliance; it looks like Desperados or Commandos really. In fact I even sense a hint of Team Fortress in here.
Also the UI/UX doesnt give the same atmosphere/feeling that JA1 and JA2 did at all.

Why having to create a beefed up 3D graphical environment instead of just sticking to (yes outdated but who cares) Isometric views? Why those tiny icons and emotionless faces?
Why does Ivan not even look like the old Ivan (as goes for all AIM characters I have seen in here).
Why those counter strike gear set ups and not the good old 'place item on bodypart' type of view?
Why copying all modern games instead of sticking to the original old school versions.

It all looks dull and uninspired. This will unfortunately be the next attempt at recreating a classic that will simply not hold and one I will pass.

Hopefully one day there will be a company that truly understands what fans of the old games want; simply a new storyline in exactly the same classic setting as we remember and still play this game.

RIP SirTech 😞

Edited by MagicShadow

Why did u change medkit color from red to green? I mean red is very classic color. Green looks weird. When we talk that JA3 is too colorful - its not about medkit colors. Its more about whats happened with enemies from the first announcement trailer.

medbag.png

• Developers

Hey Lunokhod,

Thanks for the feedback! There is a reason behind the change that might seem a little bit strange at first - the red cross can be interpreted as the symbol of the international Red Cross and its use is forbidden in games. If you are interested in the subject, you can read further on it here:

https://earlygame.com/gaming/red-cross-is-forbidden-in-video-games

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 1:52 PM, Haemimont_Boian said:

There is a reason behind the change that might seem a little bit strange at first - the red cross can be interpreted as the symbol of the international Red Cross and its use is forbidden in games.

10 minutes ago I played CS:GO with this guy. Pretty sure no one will sue Valve Corp. Same case as yours.

mediccross.png

Actually neither is a red cross symbol. Also not in the case of the pic you posted before.

Red Cross means Red Cross, literally. A cross in red, from what I know.

You can also read up here. The developer by Prison Architect was also approached by the red cross to change it. Same as various oher developers. Even doom changed the red cross. And as pointed out, the pics above do not show a red cross:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-the-prison-architect-developers-broke-the-geneva-conventions/

Ofc that would also mean a change from red to green would not be necessary and is probably a bit...overcautious

Edited by Kordanor

11 minutes ago, Kordanor said:

Ofc that would also mean a change from red to green would not be necessary and is probably a bit...overcautious

Its very small detail, i know, but we cant change merc models/outfits in JA3, so thats why Im so unhappy. I mean MD and Fox was so cool with that red medbags. 😢