Ivan using PM md. 63?

Nanashi

The gameplay footage shows Ivan holding a Romanian PM md. 63 (which can be identified by its wooden front grip), even though the trailer and main art shows "normal" AK rifles. What's the reason for including it in-game? Are multiple 7.62x39 rifles in the AK family present in the game (as would be expected of JA2's massive gun library) with Romanian ones being on the lower end of quality, or is there some other reason Ivan has a relatively unusual AK?

I wish I had your optimism. It would be fantastic, if they reach a half of 1.13's weapon variety. Maybe they will try, but I doubt they intentionally planned to show a specific (rarer) version in a... whatever this was, a pre-alpha, trailer mechanics?

The other thing about weapon variety is that they should make the action points around 100 (like 1.13) just to be able to differentiate guns.

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, SWi74 said:

I wish I had your optimism. It would be fantastic, if they reach a half of 1.13's weapon variety. Maybe they will try, but I doubt they intentionally planned to show a specific (rarer) version in a... whatever this was, a pre-alpha, trailer mechanics?

The other thing about weapon variety is that they should make the action points around 100 (like 1.13) just to be able to differentiate guns.

This is in big part why I am so attached to a higher AP point count. Sure 100 AP is = to 25 AP and is = 6 AP..

..but, it starts by making it simpler to differentiate different types of weapons and ALSO rate of fire of different weapons.

Firing off a burst from a FAMAS should REALLY feel different than a burst from an HK UMP, gameplay wise. Eventhough the FAMAS would be considered an Assault Rifle and the UMP an SMG, I would like to think that the FAMAS would be just as quick to take more shots and cost equal or even less AP than a ump (unaimed shot, aiming is where short vs long guns start being different).

It helps to mike minor differences feel like they are differences.

Having too small an AP count means there is too drastic a difference (or not enough ot a difference) between 2 firearms.

I would rather not have a system that divides or seperates AP usage by weapon category; like an SMG would use less AP than an Assault Rifle, simply because it does less damage than an assault rifle.

I would hope for slightly more complexity to be honest.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 10/28/2021 at 8:11 PM, Wigen said:

The shotgun lying on the table, which Ivan uses later in the trailer, is the Italian M1014 (Benelli M4). A weapon known from the Counter Strike game.

Yes i think it is.

BTW can you or someone also tell what Ivan says in Russian when he uses the shotgun ? 🤔

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LoboNocturno said:

BTW can you or someone also tell what Ivan says in Russian when he uses the shotgun ? 🤔

I don't know much Russian language, but Google Translate translated that into: "How do you like it?"

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 11:10 PM, LoboNocturno said:
On 4/29/2022 at 11:10 PM, LoboNocturno said:

Oh ok cool, thanks for the translation 😃👍

You're welcome! 😉

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1