Jagged Alliance Mercs Changes

LoboNocturno

I don't think I would hire any merc with too much gold jewellery. Every time we try to sneak up on an enemy outpost, the jingle and jangle of his chains would give away our position. But then again, his gold plated Hummer with spinning chrome rims and loud blaring rap music with too much bass would have given away our position five minutes before we had even arrived.

At least he doesn't have a gold plated AK and gold plated Desert Eagle, which he tries to fire sideways.

Edited by Solaris_Wave
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I don't think I would hire any merc with too much gold jewellery. Every time we try to sneak up on an enemy outpost, the jingle and jangle of his chains would give away our position. But then again, his gold plated Hummer with spinning chrome rims and loud blaring rap music with too much bass would have given away our position five minutes before we had even arrived.

Anyone with such a demeanor would not last 1 battle in the mercenary business ^^ Or maybe even get to be in one ...

Yes, I am an '80s child, so I definitely watched the A-Team. I was thinking about B.A.'s jewellery (which Mr. T still likes to appear with) when I wrote my post.

As a kid, it took me a long time to realise that, in the A-Team, vehicles always used to flip over the same way, bullets and explosions never killed anybody and the battles would always end up in fist fights where someone would go flying over the top of a camera, filming the scene. There were even episodes where a helicopter would crash, break up and catch fire, only for the villains to dust off their business suits.

There was also a movie called I'm Gonna Git You Sucka! (1988). It was a comedy spoof of 70s and 80s action movies, especially 70s Blaxploitation and 80s martial arts movies. There was a villain who loved gold and so instead of stroking a cat like with James Bond's Blofeld, he was stroking a gold bar. The main character's brother was also wearing so much gold, he was covered from head to toe in it. It's a very funny film, has a great cast and is well worth seeing.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

@LoboNocturno: I really like your photo with the soldier who is equipped with a saber. This group of soldiers would be great as enemies when you look at their outfits. Exotic, colorful but still grounded, serious and not over the top.

In JA3 some enemies have really colorful face paints and that is a little bit too much but I guess it is a gameplay decision, so that the visibility on the colorful maps is guaranteed and that you can easily differentiate the enemy squads. Also it is I guess some kind of tribal but I prefer the more grounded outfits on that photo.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hendrix said:

Speaking of merc changes. While I think Grizzly looks OK overall, is it just me that thinks he now sounds and acts like Hurk from the Farcry games, instead of the pure badass he was in JA2?

Grizzly looks really good to me too, and i do agree his voice is not what it used to be like in JA2.

BTW i like the way how Raider looks, a bit like Alejandro Glick from the Sicario movie. At least now we got several battle ready mercs with Fauda, Wolf, Raven, Grizzly and Fidel from what i have seen so far.

Jagged Alliance 3 - Raider Outfit.jpg

Edited by LoboNocturno

I still think that Raider now looks like a cross between Stan Lee and Reed Richards from The Fantastic Four. It's the hairstyle and facial hair that give me that impression. Other than that, Raider looks the part. His clothing looks like he takes his work more seriously than Hitman, who's clothing makes him stick out like a pelican.

9 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I think Raider and Raven are supposed to be married, aren't they?

"Lt. Ron Higgens is a former commander of the Los Angeles SWAT team. When he fell in love with his ace sniper, Sgt. Charlene Higgens, they managed to keep their relationship a secret up until a year ago. When they decided to marry, the L.A.P.D. refused to allow them to continue working together, so they joined A.I.M."

6 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I still think that Raider now looks like a cross between Stan Lee and Reed Richards from The Fantastic Four. It's the hairstyle and facial hair that give me that impression. Other than that, Raider looks the part. His clothing looks like he takes his work more seriously than Hitman, who's clothing makes him stick out like a pelican.

Raider looks like an expired Dollar General version of Dr. Disrespect.