Greatest Quotes and Sayings.

These are mostly off memory. So they might be a bit off.

"Miguel, I am "The Man". These are other peoples." Steroid introducing himself to Miguel.

"Alright, my gun's jammed! I love fixin' things." Gasket when his gun jams in the middle of a firefight. The more inconvenient the timing, the funnier it gets.

"I don't know what smithereens are, but I'm about to be blown to them!" Ice taking heavy fire.

"Dog!" Hamous spotting a bloodcat. I'm sure we can all agree on this one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

All lines of Ivan in Jagged Alliance 2, it takes several mins. 😉

"Enemy force located locally" this was 1 of my favourites quotes of Ivan. 

Damn, it just goes to show you how many lines these characters actually had. One of my favourites from Barry is "They are trying to kill me... But I am professional!"

• Like 2

Ouh, Kevin "Maddog" Cameron! Almoust everything! 

They all fell like a pantyhose from a five-dollar woman!
Augh, blap, I got some brain in my mouth, blap! Hey...SWEET!
I ate every bug along the way. There were many

Good thread, by the way!) 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 8:55 PM, alfius said:

I'm curious - how about rotting corpses in JA3?) It was a great feature, sad, if they couldn't do it because of R+ and politics. 

Hopefully, such things remain in JA3. I prefer to see signs of previous battles if you return to a location afterwards. Unless it becomes a captured and controlled sector (i.e. airfield, village, depot, etc.), it is unlikely that dead bodies would be eventually collected and buried. If it is somewhere out in the wilderness or your mercs haven't collected and buried the dead bodies themselves, certain carrion animals will more than likely feed off of them.

Also, not having any remaining bodies at a site eliminates any potential scenarios where your mercs come across a recent battle caused by other parties. Warlords fighting one another, killing of villagers or resistors, armed villagers who managed to temporarily fend off attackers, the main foe finally calling in an elite enemy force as a reprisal for your mercenaries' recent successes, etc.

• Like 2

On 3/6/2023 at 9:35 PM, alfius said:

Ouh, Kevin "Maddog" Cameron! Almoust everything! 

They all fell like a pantyhose from a five-dollar woman!
Augh, blap, I got some brain in my mouth, blap! Hey...SWEET!
I ate every bug along the way. There were many

Good thread, by the way!) 

Hey, someone else with maddog as favorite ^^ Yeah he's just too funny ^^ i wonder if you ever heard him say this, if you let him wear worn out bad quality armor for a while, he'll say "I'd be better off using an old bumper from the junkyard den this crap!! Is junk! And i know junk!" xD Too funny since he's recruited working in a junkyard ^^ And he will actually quit if you let him continue to wear it ^^

There are just a lot of great quotes in both JA 1 and 2.. too many to recount. The voice actors did a great job and had great direction.

On 3/13/2023 at 2:31 PM, Solaris_Wave said:

Hopefully, such things remain in JA3. I prefer to see signs of previous battles if you return to a location afterwards. Unless it becomes a captured and controlled sector (i.e. airfield, village, depot, etc.), it is unlikely that dead bodies would be eventually collected and buried. If it is somewhere out in the wilderness or your mercs haven't collected and buried the dead bodies themselves, certain carrion animals will more than likely feed off of them.

Also, not having any remaining bodies at a site eliminates any potential scenarios where your mercs come across a recent battle caused by other parties. Warlords fighting one another, killing of villagers or resistors, armed villagers who managed to temporarily fend off attackers, the main foe finally calling in an elite enemy force as a reprisal for your mercenaries' recent successes, etc.

One interesting point i would like to make in regards of the corpses, would be to be able to arrange for the enemy corpses to be sent out and given an honorable sort of funeral, cremation or some kind of option like that. The point of this was to act more as an ethical leader. Just leaving corpses everywhere seems like a careless thing to do against the native population.

Edited by Taurean
  • Like 1

I can certainly see the benefits of that idea but I am wondering if the developers might see that as too much busywork? Still, it definitely has merit for situations where there is a high level character that may get killed, or dealing with a lot of dead bodies after an enemy decided to destroy a village. Anything to win hearts and minds with the people you are trying to save can only be a good thing. After all, you are not just in country to kill the enemy and leave the liberated a ton of work to do.

Edited by Solaris_Wave