Your performance experience (PC)

GER Tobi

On 7/21/2023 at 8:21 PM, shadoww said:

alt+tab'ing while i playing this game and hanging out on chrome make the computer kinda lagging. last time i see smth was 15 years ago with old pentium 3 computers lol

alt+tab works for me fine but alt+F4 causes black screen hard crash.

21/07/ 2023
Detailed changelog of Patch 1.02 (first patch):
There are more & bigger patches on the horizon.

COMBAT
Fixed issue where the melee attack icon wasn't greyed out in the UI when the merc doesn't have enough AP for attack but has free move.
Fixed issue where Entering inventory sometimes breaks deployment phase and setpiece

QUESTS
Fixed a crash at the end of the Twin Manors quest.
Fixed a problem with properly completing the combat in C7U
Fixed a situation where some enemies would not spawn in Old Diamond causing players to be stuck in conflict with no enemies.
Fixed issue where Chimurenga would disappear when he is about to retire. If you are already in D8, you need to reenter the sector from another sector for him to appear.
Fixed some cases in which the conversations with Boss Blaubert can start twice or reference things that have already happened
Fixed potential exploit where in a conversation that requires a specific item would progress successfully but not take the item if its not in the current squads inventory.

ART / FX
Fixed issue where during cutscenes on Ultrawide the Movie Black Bars would squeeze the image.

UI
Combine items now uses the most skilled merc in the sector (instead of the most skilled from the squad)
Fixed issue where the weapon rollover would show O dmg if it was in the sector stash;
Fix issue where repeatable emails (like for contract expiration) would not mark as read.
Fixed issue where Swapping single-slot weapons from inventory did not consume AP while in combat
Fixed camera zoom resetting when changing maps or exiting overview mode.
Enable scrolling in main menu when closing sub-sub menu. Example "Show merc badges" from the Options menu.

SAT VIEW / OPERATIONS / LOOT
Operations now refund crafting fee on cancel/abort

SYSTEM
Tuned Ultra shadows to have less heavy effect on FPS

MULTIPLAYER
Fixed lock up in reassigning mercs in co-op during deployment
[*] Fixed soft lock where Sat view retreat of retreated mercs wouldn't trigger when remaining mercs on the map died

• 2 weeks later...

Playing this on a machine that was high end in 2015. Has a GTX 980M in it, 32GB RAM, Core i7.

Game runs fine. Playing on High. Slows down a bit when there's fog at night time, otherwise no problems.

Fans running like crazy, though.

Playing this on a laptop has an i7-12700H processor, 16GB RAM and a GTX3060 and it runs well. No stuttering for me or anything. Currently playing on medium with a few things like textures up to high. Clamped the FPS to 60 because honestly, a turn-based game doesn't need more, and it mostly stays on 60. If I didn't clamp it, it would go up to 90-120 fps or possibly more, but after a while, the fans would start trying to send my laptop into an orbit around Earth.

I could play with everything on Ultra if I wanted to, but then the above problem occurs as well.

I'm playing on Geforce Now (cloud gaming) where it works and looks great, no stability issues whatsoever. Only drawback is lack of mod support. I used to play on the free tier for three weeks, unfortunately last week some super popular game was released and Geforce Now queues quadrupled, and I had to switch to the cheapest paid tier. Still cheaper than buying a new computer.