Your performance experience (PC)

GER Tobi

My ROG Zephyrus gets damn hot for sure, especially on performance mode. If you would put a chocolate bar it would meltdown in a second. 😁 Will try to play today in silent mode if it will help reducing the heat but dont think so.

But overall game performance is good so far.

Yeah mine on the GTX 3060 in my laptop got very hot too and fans go crazy like they think my laptop is an Antonov trying to take off or something 😛

I decided to limit the FPS to 60 and set the game graphics to Medium, and then fiddle with some of the separate settings to get the most out of it. Seems to work.

I'm hoping there will be several optimization rounds coming. But otherwise, I think it looks fine on Medium, but that may not be everyone's opinion.

GGI have a high-end PC and I'm getting a weird issue where after playing the game for a while something will glitch and all the sudden the frame rate tanks from like 60 to 80 down to 15. Can't quite figure out what's causing it. Turning down reflections and anti-aliasing doesn't seem to help. Once it's glitched I can only fix it by restarting the game. 

Anyway it works great till that happens, lol 😆

10 hours ago, VidarNL said:

Yeah mine on the GTX 3060 in my laptop got very hot too and fans go crazy like they think my laptop is an Antonov trying to take off or something 😛

I decided to limit the FPS to 60 and set the game graphics to Medium, and then fiddle with some of the separate settings to get the most out of it. Seems to work.

I have GTX 1060 with 6Mb and average video settings keep my FPS at stable 60 unless I start to quickly scroll over forest to see how badly it affects FPS rate (then it is about 50). Maybe try Ultra and FPS 60 if you haven't yet, often videocard becomes too hot because of unlimited FPS. The game uses 240 FPS by default, it was shocking to see.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

I have an older gaming pc, that I crafted by myself with water cooling for CPU (older i7), GPU (GTX 1080) and the Chipset on the mainboard.

I run the game native on 4K and for me, the game runs in single player and Coop just well.

In comparison to the old JA2 it looks fantastic and my mate and I spend over 15h this weekend.

We are really impressed how good the game run since this early release version, and I want to thank the devs to bring this dream from older days com true.

Just fantastic and make so much fun to play this gem with my good old friend from former days.

Really a great job, we appreciate your great work - please proceed on this way and stay tuned to take care of this epic game gem.

Cheers and have a nice sunday.

• Like 2

Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 3080 here. The game runs flawlessly with no abnormal fan noise or heat. Everything maxed out. Though I'm using DLSS (prefer the way it blurs out jaggies over the other options) and only play in 1080p because of my monitor, capped at 60 FPS.

I later dropped shadow details down to high. I think it kinda looks better that way. Less sharp, slightly more blurred on the edges which in my eyes lends to a more "realistic" visual feel.

Some people have suggested reducing reflections and shadows settings for a better performance, but I cannot vouch for that, since in my case the game runs without issues on all settings.

Edited by BossWeapons

6 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

I have GTX 1060 with 6Mb and average video settings keep my FPS at stable 60 unless I start to quickly scroll over forest to see how badly it affects FPS rate (then it is about 50). Maybe try Ultra and FPS 60 if you haven't yet, often videocard becomes too hot because of unlimited FPS. The game uses 240 FPS by default, it was shocking to see.

Yeah but you probably don't have a laptop. I can easily get it to 100 fps on ultra if I want to, it's just that my laptop make so much noise that the neighbours will probably start complaining.

• Haha 1

Running fine here on 9700k with 3080 Ti. Running 120 FPS at 1440p on ultra settings. I have had a few crashes here and there though. I run my fans a little high anyways since, well, their job is to cool things off and I'd rather run things cooler if possible vs less noisy and warmer. Mind you I wear Audio Technica M50xBT2 headphones so I don't hear them at all. 😁

20 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

Running fine here on 9700k with 3080 Ti. Running 120 FPS at 1440p on ultra settings. I have had a few crashes here and there though. I run my fans a little high anyways since, well, their job is to cool things off and I'd rather run things cooler if possible vs less noisy and warmer. Mind you I wear Audio Technica M50xBT2 headphones so I don't hear them at all. 😁

I can just imagine your PC sounding like an F/A-18 Hornet on takeoff, annoying your family and neighbours, while wearing your headphones in blissful ignorance as you play the game. 😄

• Haha 1

This is from something I posted on Discord on launch day. --

Regarding performance on Ultra 4K with my Rx 6900 XT, dropping Reflections to Medium and Shadows to High keeps me over 60 FPS everywhere I have been so far (usually 80+). I don't really notice a difference with Shadows at High vs Ultra, but dropping Reflections to Medium is noticeable. It still looks very good though, I'm enjoying the scenery quite a bit so far.

I could leave Shadows on Ultra and still be 55+ FPS, but I decided to go for 100% 60+ since I've heard some later sectors are more demanding.

--

Currently I am 10.5-11 hours into the game and the performance has been 100% smooth as butter for me. This is on 2 separate systems, both at 4K Ultra with the small tweaks mentioned above. I capped it at 60 FPS since my monitors don't go above that anyways and it has never once dropped below that in a variety of weather conditions/fights etc.

Both systems have an AMD Rx 6900 XT 16 GB GPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 RAM, game installed on a SSD, and system 1 has a Ryzen 7 3700 GPU, while system 2 has a Ryzen 7 5700G CPU. Windows 10 Pro for both.

Looks like what is causing the slowdowns is when my CPU throttles. This is the first game that has pushed it to that point consistently. I'm planning on buying a new CPU cooler next year.

The weird thing is that when the CPU throttles and the game FPS tanks (for me it goes from 60+ to like 15), it doesn't recover even when the CPU bounces back. I have to restart the game to get the performance to return to normal.

My  i5-12600K & 2060 runs it pretty well on 1440p. Most things on high except reflections and shadows, those seemed to cause most of the problems. It'll stay locked at 60fps and not heat up too much, just be sure to change that FPS setting. Wild that it tries to do 240 by default.

Please patch: JA3 slows down - maybe there is a way to better (manually) optimize JA3 for easy quiet gameplay - how to better speed up JA3 gameplay - maybe is available a special configuration file - with more effective settings.

Works fine on good pc on 49in panoramic monitor in 4K. Runs really fine on steam deck. What I found baffling are performance problems on rog ally - but it runs on windows 11 and it’s crapssus so not all that shocking after all 😉

in general there aren’t any problems on most of the modern machines. On older ones yes for sure but it isn’t that surprising after all. 

My PC is from 2012 😞

So I installed Windows 10 (boot camp) on my MacBook Pro (2020). Core i7, AMD 5300M, 16gb ram, 512G SSD.

And it's just nightmare...

Lowered resolution to fullhd from 4K, all setting are on medium or low, set 30 fps.

While hiring and in the menu it's ok, heating too much but stable 30 fps.

First sector and fps became unstable 1-10... After a few scrolling/zooming through the sector and it just crashed....

Any ideas?😬

Is there any other Eliots (strike through) idiots who's trying to run JA3 on Apple?😬🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by MEXAHUK