Is there a way to leave turn-based combat when enemies are nowhere to be seen?

shalak

That is actually happening in JA3 as well, and you get a little banner along the lines of "more hostiles are present in the area". Or maybe that requires the player to kill the last known enemy? (i.e. the enemy did not just walk out of sight)

• Like 1

What you're describing only happens if some of the enemies are unaware of attack, e.g. 2 secluded soldiers, one killed in stealth, the other surprised and killed in following round. As soon as they yell/shoot in the air, everybody's aware of attack and the turn-mode never ends.

Not 100% all the time, but on some maps if I start TB combat with all the mercs hidden sneaky walking, after a pod of enemy are all killed, the mercs go back to sneaky walking around freely until the next TB combat encounter.

For me so far,  happened in a few maps where my mercs had to walk around freely hunting for the last enemy sniper, rocket man, grenadier, hyena pack, etc.

Maps like the fort map, my mercs could sneaky walk freely again to kill the solo rocket man, and then again to hunt down the last enemy sniper in the far corner of the compound.

Farm map, same thing. Mercs could sneaky walk again to hunt down the last enemy grenadier hiding around the big barn building.

Mine map, killed all the enemy, then goes back to sneaky walking around hunting down that one pack of trained hyenas.

Hyena maps, killed one pack of hyenas, it goes back to sneaky walking looking for the next pack.

I am playing with Livewire and she allows to see all enemies on the map if you have intel. So far I believe the TB combat does not end if you waked up some enemies and they are aware of your presence. They either explore map to find you or retreat to hide in some corner to ambush you, the latter happened with alone sniper on Pierre's map.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

I also think the turn based mode doesn't end if some specific enemies have been aggroed. Been experimenting with a solo character and I can go countless turns without seeing the enemy while I'm hiding and crawling around in some cases (such as Pierre's base) and the combat never ends. It will end if you don't aggro those special people @sandman25dcsss mentioned above. Otherwise you'll be in turn based mode for as long as those guys exist. I'm just wondering if this is a bug and even the enemies causing the game to be stuck in turn based combat forever should eventually just go back to their idle state, but they don't.

As far as I know there's no way to know which enemies will stuck you in the forever aggro loop for your team except playing the maps over and over as I don't think the enemies in them are ever randomised.

It is like with JA2. If you do not see any nearby enemy just end the turns until turn based rounds will end. Then you ca walk free and search until you found last one. The mercs will also tell you if some or just one is left. When you found last one and NPCs are in the map they will at once relax, when last enemy was killed. You fell/see this kind of relaxing also from the mercs. And once again it is absolutely with JA2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warmonger said:

It is like with JA2. If you do not see any nearby enemy just end the turns until turn based rounds will end. Then you ca walk free and search until you found last one. The mercs will also tell you if some or just one is left. When you found last one and NPCs are in the map they will at once relax, when last enemy was killed. You fell/see this kind of relaxing also from the mercs. And once again it is absolutely with JA2.

It does not work like this on some maps, my combat in fort on first island lasted 27 rounds, I spent many turns looking for a sniper who retreated in fear from my sight because he was left alone.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

3 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

It does not work like this on some maps, my combat in fort on first island lasted 27 rounds, I spent many turns looking for a sniper who retreated in fear from my sight because he was left alone.

Sounds like a bug. Or enemies maybe have been hidden to from the next merc. I felt a bit same in the beginning but later it worked like I told above.