Announcement for ammo.

Warmonger

As soon as a mod or cheat for ammo is out I am with it. Game is complex enough with its fight but this less loot of ammo pisses me off meanwhile. I was the machine gun gunner of our group in real life when I when was in the army. I shoot the MG 42, which we called MG 3, in Bundeswehr ( Army of Germany after 1945) and I always had my ammo as much as needed. Give me ammo, dammed. The enemy has it and it was well balanced in JA2. And no I am not the sneaker guy shooting and killing always from befind which is in the bigger battles I saw meanwhile impossible anyway.

Use the Drop all mod. If you install also the Mod enabler, you can even edit that mod to only make ammo have a 100% drop chance. Enemies drop quite a lot of loot with a 100% and players have attested that just by completed Ernie island they had literally thousands of 7,62x51 mm (NATO standard) rounds.

1 hour ago, Warmonger said:

I was the machine gun gunner of our group in real life when I when was in the army. I shoot the MG 42, which we called MG 3, in Bundeswehr ( Army of Germany after 1945) and I always had my ammo as much as needed.

What?!

I never had enough ammo for my FN MAG once shooting started! But I always had to much when you went on a march. 😅

• Haha 2

So lads I am little confused. 
First there’s a massive whine that game doesn’t give you ammo and shit and you don’t want to play because of reasons. 
Then you go ahead and download shit load of mods helping you with the game, giving unlimited ammo money and shit and you break the game. 
Finally step three is coming yous all whine the game is too easy. 

Wtf ? 

1 minute ago, Tzg said:

First there’s a massive whine that game doesn’t give you ammo and shit and you don’t want to play because of reasons. 
Then you go ahead and download shit load of mods helping you with the game, giving unlimited ammo money and shit and you break the game. 

Wtf ? 

Maybe they aren't the same persons, but poor devs must be torn apart between the two extremes.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Tzg said:

Wtf ? 

I am not sure about others, but I used money mod because I don't like to be in a hurry (challenge for me should come from hard tactical battles), I used ammo mod because I dislike real time melee stabs, don't care about ammo management and want to have fun with ammo-intensive things like assault rifle autofire and machine guns. And yes, the game is too easy because of snipers with silencer, people describe OP tactics like going in control with a merc who guarantees critical hits vs enemy in controlled zone, then another merc has passive ability to shoot automatically at the start of battle and then another merc does not spend AP on starting attack. That means you have 2 critical hits before combat even starts and then all your mercs except one with control still have full AP and continue shooting with guaranteed criticals. 6 snipers means you have 8+ critical attacks which are enough to finish a combat in 1 turn and go back to stealth mode.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

People complain about the shared ammo storage in the game; but when you go on walking movements, everyone not carrying the tubes/LMG have to help carry extra ammo and extra rockets for the gunners. So yeah, ammo is shared in real life.

As for the game, it's like a giant puzzle, you have to manage resources without running out of money. I am playing without mods, i've taken 2 mines so far, cash flow positive, stockpiling ammo supplies, doing merc training and gun mods to improve gun performance, not moving anywhere significant, so as not to trigger the mining problems or trigger any time limitations in the storyline. I've only trained 4 or 8 recruit level militia on H2 port, A2 and H7 mines, so not spending much on militia. Currently moving all resource to H7. A-team is slowly taking sectors moving down and accross the map from A2. B-team of 2 mercs is helping militia to defend H7. NGL, life is pretty good in my PMC company.

Edited by Uncle Nick

11 hours ago, Tzg said:

Wtf ? 

You have to use your brain, what you download or better not. I was only asking for balanced ammo loot. I am talking for me only about in this. The fights are though, much better than in JA2  but the ammo-giving is crap and if there is a solution for this I take it. Once again, this game is overwhelming, it only needs its fine tuning  now and the mods can help or maybe the makers do an upgrade for the most recommended things and I take it at once as I am not a great fan to do this via "private" mods