Logistics & Travelling

Warmonger

Where are vehicles - after gathering fuel - that can be used like in JA2? Where's a helicopter and all this? Logistics is a major weak point of JA3. JA2 is more developed than JA3 at this point, although JA3 is now the reference and nothing does lead back to JA2. But the whole logistics un JA3 are crap, starting with the backpacks, which with their storage places based in number on the strength of the mercs instead of the weight to be carried. The entire store system is also rubbish. Purchase/sale was well regulated in JA2. The whole logistics & travelling system  should be revised as soon as possible. Looks to me that the developers of JA3 either had no more time or money or desire or it all together to develop something good there appropriate for this game. It is also clear that ports as important strategic spots shall compensate there and solve some traveling problems but it remains that JA2 is much developed at this point.

Yes, I agree to some extent. They said (I think in the last stream) that they tried some things early in dev with the vehicles but it didn't work well, and it remained one of their regret (with Bobby ray's).
They somewhat replaced the helicopter with boats, but they don't feel the same. They are automaticly used when moving on water, it's not like calling Skyrider, having him move to a sector, having his chit chat, and having a specific mission/purpose like an evac or an airborne assault.
I'd love cars to be implemented too, there is even a racetrack!

As for logistics, I'm a little bit less concerned, one just has to take Steroid instead of Hamous to move stuff around 😉 Yet having vehicles and trunks to put stuff would be cool.

I agree fully. Instead of logistics we have BS inventory and regional stash mechanics. If i remember correctly there were t64s or t72s for promotional content when it was first announced. It would be really nice to have some mobile home base(APC for example) where you can stash gear and equip different gear for your mercs.

But i dont see any of this happening. There is no fuel or securing supplies to be used. In game vehicle models will go boom after couple of 9mms. You are asking for to much work, they need to rework entire system around it.

At this point i think they blew their development budget with Kalyna.

Edited by Skaldy

Yep, you caught the points 2 which I mean. While to have it developed well at these logistic points is for sure a lot of work they seem not have been willing to put in ... hmmm. But it is a wonderful game so far which has tons of options in it to be optimized. Hope they make enough money with it to keep it developed and upgraded also with sequels hence new maps and adventures later.

Just now, Warmonger said:

Yep, you caught the points 2 which I mean. While to have it developed well at these logistic points is for sure a lot of work they seem not have been willing to put in ... hmmm. But it is a wonderful game so far which has tons of options in it to be optimized. Hope they make enough money with it to keep it developed and upgraded also with sequels hence new maps and adventures later.

THQNordic is not very good at it. Quickly google their published titles and see what state they left those games. Sorry unless this game starts to print money like a diamond farm, i dont see it happening.

17 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

THQNordic is not very good at it. Quickly google their published titles and see what state they left those games. Sorry unless this game starts to print money like a diamond farm, i dont see it happening.

Yes, this behavior occurs again and again with all developers. A particularly tragic case is that of Red Dead Redemption 2  wttps://www.xbox.com/de-DE/games/red-dead-redemption-2. An awesome game with the best open world that I know, also good to play online. Unfortunately Rock Star no longer develops it because they are fully committed to this car theft, which is compared with RDR2 imo children's shit.

Well the JA community is a special and demanding one that has to be kept in good spirits or will be lost. Incidentally, there is also the possibility of modding, although not in the way of being able to turn everything inside out. Wait and see and drink tea and have fun meanwhile with the game.

You certainly haven't played Haemimont's previous games - they like to give it 111% and add additional layers and systems to their games with proper expansions. Surviving Mars to this is the best futuristic colony builder that received two big expansions and some minor DLCs.

Yes, logistics can be expanded upon and it is clear that cars were at some point at least playable - in the main menu you can see your mercs often leaning on a car and there is a race track at Camp Grand Prix. Cars do feature prominently in the game world, we just need a working one with possibly a fuel mechanic.

• Like 1

With JA3 the decision if and how to support the game is probably not up to Haemimont though. What gives me hope is that in their recent DevDiary entry, they mentioned having a post-release roadmap.

This is why JA2 was so genus with the transports there. It avoided aktive vehicles on the tactical maps but gave the transports with them. And we all remember the static tanks which worked well 2, while I still do not know what JA3 has in stock like that  ... and plz do not tell here if you already know to avoid spoilers 😉 

Kalynaistirednow.thumb.jpg.4f3e8cc75f4910dc51ec0b9cee3b4492.jpg

Kalyna is tired now, ...please someone help mod the ground vehicles for transport. We already got the image objects, the code for walking/movement on strategic map, maybe use the sound file for opening & closing the car door from JA2, ...what more do you need? There's a fleet of 4WD over at Poachers campsite, we can just murder them all and steal their vehicles. The world will be a better place for this.