can we get more doctor mercs please?

username55

Hi,

so I had a bit of a bad run in my current playthrough (see pic).

Spoiler ahead:

My second squat was at the boss mansion, didn't want to get involved, everybody aggro'd. While I was expecting something, I wasn't expecting that. None of my mercs survived (shotgun interrupt attacks YAY 🤬).

Main squat assaulted an outpost, there were kind of more enemies there than shown, no idea why (an assault squad was nearby, maybe they were in the sector when I attacked). Dr. Q did not survive...

Only doctor left is Thor for 11k.

I don't mind wipes but I'd appreciate a possibility to get back on my feet...

cheers,

KIA.jpg

Hehe, maybe you should be a bit more careful with your mercs. Im playing ironman, to the bitter end, highest difficulties with just one changeable merc, no one left Grand chien, with illness or even dead.

Cant imagine you could hire new doc, with such a high death-rate anyway..😄

great you guys are such pro gamers and have no merc deaths.

I guess you are just reloading all the time when someone dies.

Also thanks for pointless gameplay tips no one asked for.

19 hours ago, 5Cents said:

Im playing ironman, to the bitter end, highest difficulties with just one changeable merc, no one left Grand chien, with illness or even dead.

yeah, I am calling BS on this one.

I don't think they ment any harm or wanted to make fun of you but your screenshot indeed is a little funny because almost everybody on there is dead.

Personally, I would definitely reload if one of my mercenaries would die, I couldn't live with it. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet. 🙈

I am currently salty because I just had the refugee camp encounter, which I somehow survived, but two more guys died (got downed with 2 enemies left, wanted to revive them but guess which spots the mortar shells decided to hit🤬) and now the thing on the overland map happened and it looks like I

a) have to clear the whole map again because my militia (8 strong almost everywhere) was no match for enemy

b) when I bring in new guys the next scripted crap happens on the first island so I don't see myself getting any reinforcments.

I like a challenge but when it becomes a hassle it is too much

34 minutes ago, username55 said:

great you guys are such pro gamers and have no merc deaths.

I guess you are just reloading all the time when someone dies.

Also thanks for pointless gameplay tips no one asked for.

yeah, I am calling BS on this one.

I dont want to dis you, just explained, why i dont have your problems.

Its your descision, not playing with savegames and so you have to live with the consequences, not having any docs in that special case. IMO there shouldnt be an unlimited source of mercs because someone decide to invent an new difficult level, living with death of necessary mercs.

Anyway actually in JA3 no docs at all are needed. The mechanics allows you to have none and get healed without. Its all about the way you like to play it and your strategy decisicions.

And actually it's not pointless, when i told you, better having a low or no death rate, because of other ingame mechanics (in older title you couldnt hire many mercs, when youre looses got too high, because they didnt trust you anylonger).

Edited by 5Cents

Actually, there are many mercs with enough medecine stat (50+) to do anything you need (mostly bandaging and doctoring). The only needs are for quest/clues needing 70+.

Leadership, on the other hand, is very scarce, and yet you need high stat for many interactions.

a) Do not reconquer what you lost, go ahead, conquer other places and come back for revenge another day. Those who took your sectors are no joke, they will destroy what's left of you if you try now.

b) Conquer a port, so they can be sent there.