So the big mid game 'event' has just happened to me..

Beak

7 minutes ago, Beak said:

and it is awesome!

my three teams are scrambling across the map to counter.. having so much fun!!

I wonder if they took any inspiration by the "Drassen Counter-Attack" option re-enabled by JA2 1.13.

It feels like it. I also appreciated the sudden shift in power. Things were getting a little too easy to be honest.

(Deidranna, in her dialogues, is always mentioning sending large forces to take sectors back, yet the devs disabled the full effect in the "official" release, so she sends like this tiny 8-soldier army that your militia easily disposes of. Original JA2 lacked that kickback in difficulty.)

3 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

It feels like it. I also appreciated the sudden shift in power. Things were getting a little too easy to be honest.

(Deidranna, in her dialogues, is always mentioning sending large forces to take sectors back, yet the devs disabled the full effect in the "official" release, so she sends like this tiny 8-soldier army that your militia easily disposes of. Original JA2 lacked that kickback in difficulty.)

This 💯

Yep, I'm getting hit hard. 

*WARNING: Spoiler image and text incoming:

I've lost my own created Merc, that sucks, he was training some militia.

From peace to mayhem after 1 event.

I thought I was almost through. I need A LOT of re-work, since I've explored bottom right area already almost completely.

This is FANTASTIC. I'm up for it. I need A LOT of bullets. That's my worry. Then I need 2-3 machine guns PER squad, that's another challenge.

Flying in some new merc, who are, and will be, for a while completely disconnected from the rest...

It's madness. Like XCOM mothership attack.

IMG_1495.JPG

MY PAST AND NEW STRATEGY:

So far I've never used Melee attacks, no fist and no knife throwing and no knife stabbing. Mostly strategy of high markmanship, good snipers and gun mods geared towards aiming bonuses. Got a few great shooters, but it's not enough. Now need to implement machineguns and craft ammo for that. That's gonna be a big challenge. Also enemies show up in much larger numbers AND have much better ammo.
I'm stirred up, from massively dominating to barely surviving. Not even sure where to start cleaning up this mess...
But I LOVE it. Thought it would be a 65ish hour play-through but now seeing this it would be 100+ hrs at least.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2023 at 10:11 PM, GODSPEED said:

I wonder if they took any inspiration by the "Drassen Counter-Attack" option re-enabled by JA2 1.13.

I mentioned it on different topics several times, the OG JA2 is way easier then JA2 Wildfire which i played & finished both recent time (few months ago). In JA2 Wildfire you also have more enemies in each sector like 20 - 25 blue shirts. It took me longer to finish JA2 Wildfire (like a month) as i played the OG JA2 after Wildfire and it was way easier which i finished like in a week. I wanted to post my review about JA2 (OG & Wildfire) but just dont have the time for it.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:32 AM, Hyperlord said:

I quit playing after this happened, General won

I have to report that after the initial depression (mostly about the loss of two mercenaries) I got my sh*t together and started getting sectors back. Interesting events evolved, Quests being solved and as the income came back flowing in I'm picking up momentum with the squads and have had quite some good gaming sessions since then, still first playthrough, already above 115 hours...

Learned a lot. Understand how Blood works, too 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, Raeven said:

Care to share?

Sorry for the late response

Actually I think this is nothing new but I approached Blood totally wrong (gave him a gun, how silly!). When used as a meele-char, using his perk to cross the gap to the next enemy (and throwing knives while approaching) and then hitting hard with the machete.

He never used a gun again and since then, is still alive and acquires a pretty high kill count since then 🙂