Zombie Mode

Image Miroir

In Jagged Alliance 2 there was a SiFi mode integrating alien-style creatures. To remake it would be nice, but just a remake. What about offering something else? What about zombies?

This will provide some additional game experience. Like in JA2, it could be an option you activate, or don't.

If there is an hospital somewhere it could be some weird medical experiment (something in-between Universal Soldier and Reanimator). There could be a side quest with an additional villainous character (Herbert West?) with improved health or regenerative powers.

If you're interested by this idea or see some ways to improve it. You're welcome!

38 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

In Jagged Alliance 2 there was a SiFi mode integrating alien-style creatures

I never seen a single person who like this mode.

40 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

If you're interested by this idea or see some ways to improve it. You're welcome!

Go play Project Zomboid.

1 hour ago, Lunokhod said:

Go play Project Zomboid.

Lunokhod, obviously you didn't know all the people playing Jagged Alliance. Most of the people I know playing the game enjoyed the SiFi mode.

One las thing Lunokhod, you seem to believe Jagged Alliance is yours only. That's a pity. Most probably your mom' didn't love you enough and your dad was upset you were peeing in your bed. I'm sad for you, but I'm not your psy. If you feel bad about people not sharing your point of view, finance your own development team for your own game. If you were finishing kinder garden you'd know a forum is for people to express themselves. If you can't handle that without being arrogant or agressive, find yourself a boyfriend or a girlfriend, and come back when you'll be fully grown up.

Thanks you Reloecc, it's great to know it's probably already in the game.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

ne las thing Lunokhod, you seem to believe Jagged Alliance is yours only. That's a pity. Most probably your mom' didn't love you enough and your dad was upset you were peeing in your bed. I'm sad for you, but I'm not your psy.

Bro im not insulting anyone here. Everyone insult me personally. Why? Cos I express my point of view about this game and the skill of the developers? But its my opinion. Its my vision of this project. Say thanks to Mr THQ Nordic who named it Jagged Alliance 3. If he named it "The Sims in Africa: Bulgarian Edition" - no questions. 

If you find "everyone insults you personally" it's a good start to question yourself.

I agree with you writing: "it's Jagged Alliance and not another game". I assume then you were playing Jagged Alliance 1, and Jagged Alliance 2 (with extensions). If so, you know there was options in the game and it's exactly what I was speaking about.

That you weren't playing or enjoying some parts of the game doesn't make them another game. If they keep the "bugs/aliens" it's perfectly fine for me. But I think it's possible to keep the spirit from it and replace the bugs by zombies. You could get infected by bugs and there's a parallel with zombies. I'm just discussing about that.

The same way I'd enjoy them replacing the wild cats by sharks or crocodile in water area. Just because the confrontation with animals was part of JA2, but I see no reason to limit oneself to exactly the same creature.

I want Jagged Alliance to be the same fun, but not just a copy.

@Solaris_Wave ignorance is not a virtue, nor the lack of creativity an advantage.

Since I post my message I learned JA3 will take place in some fictional west-Africa country. And it enforces what I wrote.

I think you'll be surprised to know "voodoo" belief comes from that area. Since there was a SciFi mode in JA2, I suggested to change aliens/bugs for zombies. Someway I had in mind Lovecraft with the Reanimator movie (and why not Universal Soldier). I know some don't like the SciFi mode, but it was optional. I don't force anyone to play it, and people with enough vocabulary should understand the meaning of an option.

Concerning crocodiles, I'm afraid for those who'll discover here that crocodiles are part of the fauna from Africa. In JA2, there was wild cats present in several situation. Again, to have the same, but not exactly the same, I suggested to have crocodiles instead of wild cats. This was the opportunity for water confrontation, a glimpse to JA1... Still, I also had in mind that african dictator who was feeding is crocodiles with political opponents.

I'm very surprised to see around here freedom seems to be what you impose and not what you share. One last thing, if speech is for free, remember it costs others when you speak without thinking or without knowing what you're speaking about.

1 hour ago, Image Miroir said:

@Solaris_Wave ignorance is not a virtue, nor the lack of creativity an advantage.

Since I post my message I learned JA3 will take place in some fictional west-Africa country. And it enforces what I wrote.

I think you'll be surprised to know "voodoo" belief comes from that area. Since there was a SciFi mode in JA2, I suggested to change aliens/bugs for zombies. Someway I had in mind Lovecraft with the Reanimator movie (and why not Universal Soldier). I know some don't like the SciFi mode, but it was optional. I don't force anyone to play it, and people with enough vocabulary should understand the meaning of an option.

Concerning crocodiles, I'm afraid for those who'll discover here that crocodiles are part of the fauna from Africa. In JA2, there was wild cats present in several situation. Again, to have the same, but not exactly the same, I suggested to have crocodiles instead of wild cats. This was the opportunity for water confrontation, a glimpse to JA1... Still, I also had in mind that african dictator who was feeding is crocodiles with political opponents.

I'm very surprised to see around here freedom seems to be what you impose and not what you share. One last thing, if speech is for free, remember it costs others when you speak without thinking or without knowing what you're speaking about.

I am not sure what to make of your post. It sounds like a personal criticism, particularly with the first and last paragraph. If it isn't, then I apologise.

I know of the origins of zombies in the traditional sense but I was thinking that for a fair share of people playing JA3, that they might not want what they consider to be pure fantasy in their modern day military drama. Therefore, I figured that keeping zombies tied to something equivalent to JA2's Sci-Fi mode would create a decent compromise.

While my post of zombie crocodiles was purely for humour, many of us have previously spoken about the appeal of having deadly wildlife in JA3, especially because Africa has plenty of it. It would be a great addition to the game if your mercs and the enemy had to occasionally fight off leopards, hyenas, jackals, crocodiles and hippos, depending on your location and the time of day. There are rivers in the game so crocs and hippos would be great. I'd even be happy facing a slightly disgruntled giraffe.

1 hour ago, Image Miroir said:

Don't confuse me with Ol' Misery Guts a.k.a @Lunokhod. I never impose my opinions and only make suggestions. I always think before I talk, or post, so I am not what you were implying with that comment.

Edited by Solaris_Wave
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Don't confuse me with Ol' Misery Guts a.k.a @Lunokhod.

^__^

13 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I always think before I talk, or post, so I am not what you were implying with that comment.

Forget about this guy, he is weird as hell. The most important thing for him is the motherf*cking crocodiles... Crocodiles!!!

@Image Miroir Go to the Zoo and watch your crocodiles...

1 hour ago, Lunokhod said:

Forget about this guy, he is weird as hell. The most important thing for him is the motherf*cking crocodiles... Crocodiles!!!

@Image Miroir Go to the Zoo and watch your crocodiles...

@Lunokhod you try to be provocative... Waoh!

Actually, you're purposeless but not useless. You're a living advertisement for condoms and contraception, a proof that sometime, swallowing it, is a contribution to a better world.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

You're a living advertisement for condoms and contraception

Jesus... why u so rude man? We are talking about game. Everyone is so mad because someone doesnt like the game. Why does anyone have to love it? Why i must kiss someone's ass here? Its not a free game. Its not a present for me.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:48 AM, Lunokhod said:

Congratulations, now you have. I really enjoyed fighting the crepitus.

On 4/27/2023 at 6:26 AM, Solaris_Wave said:

While my post of zombie crocodiles was purely for humour, many of us have previously spoken about the appeal of having deadly wildlife in JA3, especially because Africa has plenty of it. It would be a great addition to the game if your mercs and the enemy had to occasionally fight off leopards, hyenas, jackals, crocodiles and hippos, depending on your location and the time of day. There are rivers in the game so crocs and hippos would be great. I'd even be happy facing a slightly disgruntled giraffe.

As fun as it would be to battle Africa's entire ecosystem, we probably won't get that much variety. Every new animal is a new model they have to rig, new sound effects they have to acquire, and several new rounds of testing and balancing. We'll be lucky to get more than one type of angry animal.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:07 PM, Image Miroir said:

In Jagged Alliance 2 there was a SiFi mode integrating alien-style creatures. To remake it would be nice, but just a remake. What about offering something else? What about zombies?

This will provide some additional game experience. Like in JA2, it could be an option you activate, or don't.

If there is an hospital somewhere it could be some weird medical experiment (something in-between Universal Soldier and Reanimator). There could be a side quest with an additional villainous character (Herbert West?) with improved health or regenerative powers.

That idea that it can be a new sci fi mode isn't the worst idea in the world

But zombies are so 1 dimensional because all zombies have the same HP more or less and same stats and none of them wear armor unless its very rare

I agree with you saying zombies are quite unidimensional, but war is manichaeism.

Besides zombies are mindless, tacticless opponents; matter against mind. It's horrific because you don't expect negotiation with zombies, you don't expect surrender from them. To stop them, only a bullet in the head! Which means you can't just shoot at them, you need to aim also. Moreso, you know that wounded, you'll become one of them.

So, all in all it's quite a nasty antagonist. Mindless they don't need either to have an agenda, what intelligent creative will need.

But, tell me what you'd like to have in SciFi mode...

make sci fi mode and normal mode like in JA2 CREPITUS WAS EPIC ADDITION and that you had to kill them or they would go to surface that was epic too... Zombie mode would be harder to pull of but it could be done also... I would say make different monster than crepitus but not Zombie... maybe some wildlife attack... bears? IDK but the Hyenas hat are shown in the gameplay are weak TOOOO WEAK even I would say they are too CRINGE ... you should fear the animals and the enemies... like fucc make GANGS, WILDLIFE, ENEMIES, OTHER GANGS AND GROUPS, INCESTOUS FARMERS IDK... WHITE MEAT TRADERS... SLAVE TRADERS... MORE diverse enemies and then let us kill them lol 😄 Hillbilies in JA2 was epic cause you could give up your Woman mercs to them 😄 😄 😄 

21 minutes ago, Martin said:

IDK but the Hyenas hat are shown in the gameplay are weak TOOOO WEAK even I would say they are too CRINGE ... you should fear the animals and the enemies...

Pretty sure u would shit your pants if u meet wild hyena clan in reality.

29 minutes ago, Martin said:

bears?

Its Africa...

32 minutes ago, Martin said:

Hillbilies in JA2 was epic cause you could give up your Woman mercs to them 😄 😄 😄 

Jesus... Yea, EPIC BRO!!!

hyenas.png

@Image Miroir It could be such a cool game without all this Sci-Fi modes. Africa is such a good region for JA series. What do you know about Kenyan slums? They could show poverty, the dominance of drugs. Show the story of a lion that terrorizes the local village. War between armed gangs. Somali pirates. A tribe of wild cannibals. It could be a f*cking great dark game about Africa. But Mr THQ Nordic and Haemimonts guys have no balls and very low IQ. And thats why we will play another mediocre sh*t. For kids. And nobody will cares about this game cos of that.

I won't blame THQ before seeing the definitive version of the game, it would be unfair.

I agree with you considering the potential of Africa, but you're too rough expressing it. And that's a pity because what you say is right, but what matters is not what you say, what matters is to improve the game with your ideas. Change your tone Lunokhod, not the meaning of what you say, but the way you say it.

We all want the game to be the best, maybe we're demanding but we know it's possible even with the budget THQ awarded to the project. We have to persuade, to convince; I afraid there's no other way.

• Thanks 1