Will there be some demo version? Is there some already?

Martin

On 4/29/2023 at 4:07 PM, Martin said:

Is there some downloadable version of the game? Is that for media and influencers only? For gamer magazines? Chosen youtubers? If there is some version.. where can you download it? 🙂 thanks

No, but I guess there will be some beta again for youtubers/press/streamers again.
Then there will be early access for pre-order.

They should frankly both add 1 a demo version for reasons I described elsewhere, the point of marketing is familiarization (as well as PR control) of the audience with a product, so it's less risky for them to make the purchase and it's less of a leap and more of a little hop, the audience is primarily and always afraid of making a purchase and afraid of making the wrong purchase so you need to give them every opportunity to transition and ease the gap between not knowing anything about the product, and making the purchase, and they should also 2 allow early access type 1-week early type of thing, similar to hogwarts legacy.

On the other hand, if devs will think the fanbase may raise a big stink or hate it and the demo will hurt sales, maybe don't release a demo.

The devs are in an interesting position right now, because they have two almost equally sized groups of customers. One is the original fanbase, who are likely to buy the title the more hardcore it is. And another is the generic RPG person who will have no problems with the CRPGification of jagged alliance, and they'll just see it as "wow another divinity type RPG, sweet".

Edited by anon474

5 hours ago, chr_isso said:

No, but I guess there will be some beta again for youtubers/press/streamers again.
Then there will be early access for pre-order.

Looks like I just became streamer/youtuber 😄 lol no really they should do some public test... but I get its kinda not possible with this kind of game right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think it would greatly benefit them to do outside beta testing but I don't think it will happen. Anything bigger than an indie game these days seem to not do this and then they have Pikachu shocked face meme when big issues happen at launch. While it's true that, "design by committee" is often bad to keeping game development on track, it's equally as bad to not get enough feedback from true fans by keeping them at arms length. This happens because of lack of community involvement (which they are getting better about) and not letting people gets hands on with a beta or demo.

3 hours ago, Martin said:

Looks like I just became streamer/youtuber 😄 lol no really they should do some public test... but I get its kinda not possible with this kind of game right?

I really really think they should hand out beta access to poeple from the community, who can contribute in videos or internal forums to the state of the game.

11 hours ago, anon474 said:

The devs are in an interesting position right now, because they have two almost equally sized groups of customers. One is the original fanbase, who are likely to buy the title the more hardcore it is. And another is the generic RPG person who will have no problems with the CRPGification of jagged alliance, and they'll just see it as "wow another divinity type RPG, sweet".

I'd be surprised if those two groups are almost equally sized. The old-school JA fanbase is fanatically devoted, but small. Most of the game's potential customers are probably coming from the new XCOM games. The only reason I have any hope that this game will feel like a true JA game is because the developers seem to be diehard fans of JA2, themselves.

Just now, Stuurminator said:

I'd be surprised if those two groups are almost equally sized. The old-school JA fanbase is fanatically devoted, but small. Most of the game's potential customers are probably coming from the new XCOM games. The only reason I have any hope that this game will feel like a true JA game is because the developers seem to be diehard fans of JA2, themselves.

That's what I mean in a way, 80% of the original fanbase will check out and look at JA3, but maybe only 20% of the generic normie mainstream population that just in general likes RPGs and CRPGs will. On balance they end up more or less similarly sized, imo. I say about 20% of the general audience because of how unfamiliar the general audience is with something as niche and specific as tactical strategy and tactical turn based strategy. The genre is very unfamiliar to mainstream audiences, and if they are familiar with it, they're more familiar with something like XCOM, which is a much more mass appeal version of tactical strategy, imo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 9:09 PM, Martin said:

😁 Поздравляю! Раз ты теперь стример и ютубер, расскажи как играется или угости доступом!🤪 

По факту фанатам JA достаточно для публичного теста одной локации, но с возможностью самостоятельно протестировать игру, потрогать её ламповую атмосферу пройти карту любыми комбинациями наемников, разным оружием, опробовать выбор в диалогах и решить для себя насколько честно называть эту игру продолжением легендарной серии.

21 minutes ago, vaizzz said:

😁 Поздравляю! Раз ты теперь стример и ютубер, расскажи как играется или угости доступом!🤪

Он не об этом говорит, он бы хотел получить доступ к бете(которая уже прошла) став стримером.

22 minutes ago, vaizzz said:

По факту фанатам JA достаточно для публичного теста одной локации

По факту фанатам надо чтобы THQ Nordic отстали от названия "JA". Пусть продадут его нормальным людям.

30 minutes ago, vaizzz said:

потрогать её ламповую атмосферу

Ага, х*ямповую.

30 minutes ago, vaizzz said:

решить для себя насколько честно называть эту игру продолжением легендарной серии

Абсолютно нечестно. И это не легендарная серия, это одна реально очень хорошая игра от Sir-Tech, вторая часть. Которая не заслуживает вот этого вот всего, то что сейчас происходит.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

И последнее, лично для тебя. На форуме обсуждение идёт на международном языке. И это не русский язык. Научись пользоваться хотя бы переводчиком. Ты ведешь себя неприлично. С какой стати кто-то должен переводить твои сообщения? Для них это как китайский для тебя.

15 hours ago, vaizzz said:

По факту фанатам JA достаточно для публичного теста одной локации, но с возможностью самостоятельно протестировать игру, потрогать её ламповую атмосферу пройти карту любыми комбинациями наемников, разным оружием, опробовать выбор в диалогах и решить для себя насколько честно называть эту игру продолжением легендарной серии.

Can you please post in english so others can read your comment, too?

2 hours ago, DougS2K said:

Just a tip. If on PC, right click and select translate to English.

I'm on chrome and I don't have that translate option..
Ofc i could install some translation add-on but i usually don't need it...