We need "Bobby Ray" shop!

Graysnow

14 minutes ago, Raeven said:

We also do not know if that is what is being designed. 

There's no evidence that you can turn 'bed springs into an APC'. What have we confirmed you can craft with parts so far? What's actually on the list?

All weapon mods and ammo are crafted with scrap parts but you also need some additions to parts such as gunpowder to craft ammo and some other parts to craft certain weapon mods. 

On 6/20/2023 at 9:02 AM, Solaris_Wave said:

HThe next battle takes place and as an outcome, you are presented with a brand new gun. It is even better than the one you were currently using and will be your new weapon of choice. Now to swap as many attachments over to the new gun…

Heh, you've just described about 70% of the other games I play.

I don't really mind, gives me something to do in my downtime, allows progression, and keeps my gear from being too strong. OP gear was a huge problem for me in JA2 endgame, every headshot was 100%, the game turned into ez mode, and subsequently got boring real quick. The most fun I have in every JA2 run is early and mid-game when everyone has terrible gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DougS2K said:

All weapon mods and ammo are crafted with scrap parts but you also need some additions to parts such as gunpowder to craft ammo and some other parts to craft certain weapon mods. 

Ok, well that's not exactly an APC or a bazooka. Let's stick to what we know is being changed...

1 hour ago, Raeven said:

Ok, well that's not exactly an APC or a bazooka. Let's stick to what we know is being changed...

Well no, but I think @Solaris_Wave was just exaggerating a little to reinforce his point. I just wish the devs hadn't implemented this whole crafting mechanic and left weapon mods the way they were in JA2 where you could only craft insignificant mods and purchased or swapped the rest. Oh well, it's to late now I guess.  

I was definitely exaggerating, as @DougS2K said, but it still emphasises my concerns about how far fetched the general functionality of the scrap system is. As I have said before, I would prefer modifications built from scrap to be minimised. Even if it doesn't just break down into generic and singular 'scrap' and there are various scrap parts instead, it still remains the fact that many items are precise components requiring factories, mills and laboratories to build them. If your mercs can do all of that themselves, then how is that possible (and if so, why need assembly plants in the first place)? If all of this is readily available in Grand Chien, then its national wealth would be considerable, it wouldn't be a Third World nation and also, what is stopping the enemy militia from just having lots of fabulous equipment from the start? Surely, they would capitalise on such readily available production facilities?

• Like 1