Jagged Alliance 3 Tactical Edition

Wigen

I see both sides. I do miss certain features from Jagged Alliance 2 and think the developers could have delivered way better in certain aspects but I still do enjoy the game a lot. I also do respect your opinon @Skaldy but what I don't understand is, that you spend so much time on this board and express how sucky and inferior this game is in almost every thread, for the 34th time now. Why? 😆

17 minutes ago, J1v1n said:

I see both sides. I do miss certain features from Jagged Alliance 2 and think the developers could have delivered way better in certain aspects but I still do enjoy the game a lot. I also do respect your opinon @Skaldy but what I don't understand is, that you spend so much time on this board and express how sucky and inferior this game is in almost every thread, for the 34th time now. Why? 😆

Why not? Eventually i will stop discussing it anyways, real question is why should i be satisfied with this missed opportunity of a game?(though i play it at the moment lol) Last 10 years this became a trend, some companies take IPs they dont understand ruin it and quality drops. Why i need to praise low effort product? Even when i try to discuss some obvious bad design choices there are 2 same people come down with "learn 2 play" or "play JA2", why i need to replay JA2  to justify this product? I am just tired of this new generation gamer  "it could be worse" mentality. People dropped their standards so low we started to get garbage everyone now.

tl;dr i want to like this game but game design choices are not helping

Edited by Skaldy

If you read through the boards nearly everybody has certain aspects to criticize but the people do so once or twice and move on. You bring your issues with the game up in nearly every other conversation and then always drift to a generalized flaming about the developers, the gaming industry in general, and the new generation setting their standards too low per se. I'm with you on the issues regarding the game that need proper fixing but it gets very tedious when you disagree with a certain comment and start your generalized rant all over again. 😟

• Like 1

@J1v1n

You and me both, brother. I am now apparently a senpai for expressing my bewilderment at the continued negativity that is going on like a broken record.

@Skaldy

Was I wrong in my assessment that you made the comparison with Fallout 4 Collector's edition to denigrate Jagged Alliance 3?

If I am mistaken, please accept my humble apologies. However if this is not the case, then I do not know what to tell you - we got the gist, you feel aggravated. It won't help neither you, nor us, nor the dev team if you continue to vent it here on these boards.

3 hours ago, Skaldy said:

lol, really? this is your way of straw manning every argument? Tell me then senpai, if this is not cash grab and exploitation of nostalgic people, what it is really? 

And dont start me on glass half empty attitude, you literally have been advising me to exploit auto resolve future to solve ammo rng problems. You are literally using exploits to overcome some not well thought mechanic.

unlike you, i did play JA2 and this is why i dont like lazy game development, which devalues old games into oblivion for cash grab. Maybe you should try playing JA3 and JA2 together. JA3 combat is literally 5 times faster than JA2. JA3 removed and reworked interesting mechanics ideas of JA2 and turned it into inferior console version. JA3 is graphically better, game play wise inferior to every JA title. You might like it and totally understand that. I dont. I refuse to believe 161 million dollar revenue company "ran out of budget" when developing the game so they cut original features from title.

I understand your disappointment, as its with every hardcore JA2 fans but still JA3 is a good and fun game for sure and with some improvements it has a very good potential to be better.

Yes i totally agree the fire fights back in JA2 was slower and somehow more tactical as back in JA3 its a lil more arcade (guess they did it surely for the younger audience). But i will be very happy later on once it will be released also for PlayStation 5, guess with controller i will have even more fun to play it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, LoboNocturno said:

I understand your disappointment, as its with every hardcore JA2 fans but still JA3 is a good and fun game for sure and with some improvements it has a very good potential to be better.

Yes i totally agree the fire fights back in JA2 was slower and somehow more tactical as back in JA3 its a lil more arcade (guess they did it surely for the younger audience). But i will be very happy later on once it will be released also for PlayStation 5, guess with controller i will have even more fun to play it.

Similar thing happened to me with Xcom series, i played the originals very long time ago, then they remade Xcom. Difference is, at least in my exprience, Xcom was not necessarily a bad game with blant mechanics. It was decent but short, after you finish it you yearned for more. Hence Long War mods came and raise the bar of expectations(for me) to another level(for squad tacticals). Then i see million dollar companies struggling with game design meanwhile modders are killing it out there, i dont know anymore. I guess i have "fan guilt" lol

Edited by Skaldy

To me its exactly the opposite. While I know that Firaxis XCom has been successful and gave the whole turn based "genre" a push (maybe JA3 wouldnt even exist without Firaxis) I found Firaxis XCom as an extremely crippled game, which goes massively against previous gameplay principles.

To me JA3 is the much better game, and is also much closer to JA2 than Firaxis XCom is to the original XComs. The proper XCom follow-up was actually Phoenix Point, which was also by the same author.

But I still go no idea what this Collectors Edition has to do with it.

Edited by Kordanor

I don't think that JA3 is a cash grab by any manner of means. It isn't even exploitation of fans of the series (mainly the first two games). I see it more as an attempt to revive the series with a better quality output than all those sequels that came after JA2.

The end result, from the general reading of everybody on these forums and on Steam, is that it is a lot of fun but is rough around the edges and has some odd design decisions that prevent JA3 from being a truly great game. Some of those decisions have been in since the beginning and remained throughout development, despite plenty of criticism or suggestions.

Whether the game improves comes down to how much Haemimont patch the game, want to add after-sales improvements and how effective mods are. The latter could potentially take years to see a refinement of the game.

25 minutes ago, Kordanor said:

While I know that Firaxis XCom has been successful and gave the whole turn based "genre" a push (maybe JA3 wouldnt even exist without Firaxis) I found Firaxis XCom as an extremely crippled game, which goes massively against previous gameplay principles.

Same here. I played and shortly abandoned the XCOM reboot, seeing it as a weakened, simplified and even stupefied version of the original. I honestly don't understand the acclaim. I have bought the rebooted sequel and have yet to play it, but I only bought it due to a massive sale and with the intention of playing it with the recommended mods.