Jagged Alliance 3 Tactical Edition

Wigen

Так как это военная тактическая игра, думаю в наборе неплохо бы смотрелись патчи, по типу патчей на военную форму. 

(yandex translate)

Since this is a military tactical game, I think patches would look good in the set, according to the type of patches for military uniforms.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DougS2K said:

This never interested me as I'm just not the type of person to buy these things. However, if I could get my hands on a JA3 mug to use for my coffee while playing JA3 when it releases I'd scoop up one of those.

I agree, but shouldn’t it be easy in this day and age to print one for yourself? There are lots of site on the internet which offer this service. You just need a nice pic/logo. 

1 minute ago, DonBilbo said:

I agree, but shouldn’t it be easy in this day and age to print one for yourself? There are lots of site on the internet which offer this service. You just need a nice pic/logo. 

There's just one problem with this idea. See, I'm lazy and would rather just buy one. 😁 I guess there were some for sale on Amazon UK site so maybe someday they will be available on Amazon Canada.

On 5/13/2023 at 1:28 AM, Kordanor said:

And now it's also sold out on amazon.de, amazon.fr and amazon.co.uk

So it does look like it sold well (unless they sent like 400 of the 750 to the press)

I ordered my own right away, shortly after the announcement. 😉

On 5/13/2023 at 2:44 AM, DougS2K said:

This never interested me as I'm just not the type of person to buy these things. However, if I could get my hands on a JA3 mug to use for my coffee while playing JA3 when it releases I'd scoop up one of those.

I think they should create a line of goodies that you can purchase directly on Amazon. It's quite easy to do and they won't even need to take care of it. They'll just need the mock up and Amazon will manage the creation and delivery. So, if you can't have your mug it's a lack of professionalism of the communication department (as it literally costs them nothing).

The same for t-shirts, usb keys and many others goodies.

I wonder why they called it the 'Tactical Edition'? While it might sound appropriate, being predominantly a war game of sorts, I think the word 'tactical' gets overused a lot especially when selling genuine military and law enforcement specification products for the civilian market. If you put the word 'tactical' next to another word, it gives the impression of being better quality and more desirable, allowing a higher price.

What's next? A tactical comb? Tactical tissues? How about a tactical bow-tie; made from military grade, non-slip, bullet resistant ballistic nylon, that protects you when your other clothes don't? 🫡

Gamer mouse and graphics cards...and motherboards. Because...you know your 4070 isnt as fast if there isnt the word "gamer" on it. 😉

These special names for CEs are very common. Tactical means nothing, they could have named it "Grand Chien" edition or something else completely arbitrary.
Wolfenstein had a Panzerhund Edition for example. 😉

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

My idea of a JA3 Tactical Edition would be a physical copy of the game hidden inside the hilt of a serrated combat knife.

No, selling weapons is a very bad idea, even knife, even for military videogame. I think will be better to get something like night vision binoculars, there is a lot of offers near 100$ instead of all of this garbage. I mean this is something, this is a toy, u can use it sometimes for fun.

nvb.png

I was actually joking about them including a combat knife. I was picturing Rambo's knife with the hollow handle that had a compass, plus a needle and thread for stitching wounds. Having the game tucked inside it wasn't very likely.

Even Grand Theft Auto: Vice City joked about the knife having a hidden compartment, which said it also included a fold-out woman, for company.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

• High Quality Laptop Case, pick 2 dimension options that cover 80% of laptop users, with A.I.M logo and JA3 logos on it would have done the deal imo.
  • Quality Leather Belt, or a clip on buckle only even
  • JA3 Army style Water Bottle, 2L, people will use and bring it endlessly to the gym and what not, perfect promotion.
  • An extra pin w other promo symbols
  • JA3 card holder for credit cards, business cards, etc.
  • Knucklebusters, Kingpin boxing ring logo stuff on it (and make this a return to JA3).
  • And the Marketing Winning Idea guys, yes DM me if you want more of these gems; High-Quality Leather Phone Protector.

Key here is high quality stuff. 197 bucks. I'm the first one who buys it.

Edited by Remi1987

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Skaldy said:

lol, this game is turning into Fallout 4 for squad based tactics games. Such a shame.

Told this before in a thread I made yesterday already. You have fraction, gangs, sub-bosses, several interests, you can deal with or go hostile with. It is fun. For example I used the rebels in C7 letting them fight the Legion first ehile hiding my mercs in a save place saving ammo and health. After fight with the Legion was done by the rebels and the rebels where weakened I start the fight on rebels taking the mine from them. The mine in C7 is a must-have anyway making good money and laying in the way of the diamond transports of  A2 additionally ... 😛

Edited by Warmonger

1 minute ago, Warmonger said:

Told this before in a thread I made yesterday already. You have fraction, gangs, sub-bosses, several interests, you can deal with or go hostile with. It is fun. For example I used the rebels in C7 letting them fight the Legion first ehile hiding my mercs in a save place saving ammo and health. After fight with the Legion was done by the rebels and the rebels where weakened I start the fight on rebels taking the mine from them. The mine in C7 is a must-have anyway making good money and laying in the way of the diamond transports of  A2 additionally ... 😛

My german dude, you didnt even understand what i meant. I am talking about Fallout 4 Ultimate Fallout edition(?) doing same merch stuff and causing some weird scandals....

Edited by Skaldy

8 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

My german dude, you didnt even understand what i meant. I am talking about Fallout 4 Ultimate Fallout edition(?) doing same merch stuff and causing some weird scandals....

Think I played Fall Out 4 ... time ago ... and indeed not understand then what you exactly mean?!

• Like 1

He means that Jagged Alliance 3 is more of a cash grab than a proper game.

Again, it is more like a glass half empty attitude - only points out what he does not like and nitpicks whenever possible.
No one is making you buy the Collectors Edition and it is probably already sold out. It is not for me personally but there are people who enjoy them, even if they are only half-done.

1 minute ago, Melliores said:

Again, it is more like a glass half empty attitude - only points out what he does not like and nitpicks whenever possible.
No one is making you buy the Collectors Edition and it is probably already sold out. It is not for me personally but there are people who enjoy them, even if they are only half-done.

Well ... he may never have played JA2 maybe? With JA2 we measure it all. JA3 is very well done, full of variety and ideas, it's a lot but certainly not rubbish. I'm a real oldie who knows it as I played JA1 and JA2 many times before that. Of course you can make JA3 more coherent and optimize it, but it's just great and the majority of JA-veterans - a very critical community - sees it that way and so do I. But possibly JA3 is nothing for younger gamers? Indeed  it is more for veterans who enjoy some slow tactics and love the battle-sound, when good fights happen, which is also a bit perverted of course ... 😉 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Melliores said:

lol, really? this is your way of straw manning every argument? Tell me then senpai, if this is not cash grab and exploitation of nostalgic people, what it is really? 

And dont start me on glass half empty attitude, you literally have been advising me to exploit auto resolve future to solve ammo rng problems. You are literally using exploits to overcome some not well thought mechanic.

20 minutes ago, Warmonger said:

Well ... he may never have played JA2 maybe? With JA2 we measure it all. JA3 is very well done, full of variety and ideas, it's a lot but certainly not rubbish. I'm a real oldie who knows it as I played JA1 and JA2 many times before that. Of course you can make JA3 more coherent and optimize it, but it's just great and the majority of JA-veterans - a very critical community - sees it that way and so do I. But possibly JA3 is nothing for younger gamers? Indeed  it is more for veterans who enjoy some slow tactics and love the battle-sound, when good fights happen, which is also a bit perverted of course ... 😉 

unlike you, i did play JA2 and this is why i dont like lazy game development, which devalues old games into oblivion for cash grab. Maybe you should try playing JA3 and JA2 together. JA3 combat is literally 5 times faster than JA2. JA3 removed and reworked interesting mechanics ideas of JA2 and turned it into inferior console version. JA3 is graphically better, game play wise inferior to every JA title. You might like it and totally understand that. I dont. I refuse to believe 161 million dollar revenue company "ran out of budget" when developing the game so they cut original features from title.

5 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

unlike you, i did play JA2 and this is why i dont like lazy game development, which devalues old games into oblivion for cash grab. Maybe you should try playing JA3 and JA2 together. JA3 combat is literally 5 times faster than JA2. JA3 removed and reworked interesting mechanics ideas of JA2 and turned it into inferior console version. JA3 is graphically better, game play wise inferior to every JA title. You might like it and totally understand that. I dont. I refuse to believe 161 million dollar revenue company "ran out of budget" when developing the game so they cut original features from title.

You try to grief my trolling friend. So from side I am ending this little discussion here. But in one point you are right these games are not made for charity purposes 😉 

• Like 2

Just now, Warmonger said:

You try to grief my trolling friend. So from side I am ending this little discussion here. But in one point you are right these games are not made for charity purposes 😉 

i doubt you know what grief or trolling means, i just quickly checked what threads you have started, you have 3-4 threads where you talk about how JA3 has inferior mechanics and problems, but for some galaxy brain reason you argue with everyone else who does the same. lol