Hire Your Mercs Now: Jagged Alliance 3 Pre-order Is Live!

Home

Hire Your Mercs Now: Jagged Alliance 3 Pre-order Is Live

Sofia, Bulgaria / Vienna, Austria, June 6th, 2023: Ah, pre-order! You, yes you, getting the marvelous opportunity to throw your hard-earned cash at publishers and developers before the game is even unleashed upon the world! But why on earth would you do that, you ask? Because obviously there's something special in store for you: the glorious promise of shiny items, consumables or cosmetics for your soon-to-be gaming extravaganza!

Except... Not with Jagged Alliance 3. Sorry to burst your pixelated bubble, but we didn't hop on the costume-making bandwagon for our badass Mercs. No sir, no fancy frills here. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, guess what? We won't dangle the tempting carrot of some days of Early Access in front of you, nor will we tease you with ludicrous horse armor. Oh, no! We're cutting straight to the chase and saving you from any horsing around... because there are no horses either. And we are also passing on any kind of pass here.

But hey, don't lose faith just yet, brave gaming warrior! If you dare to put your trust in us and the mighty developers of Jagged Alliance 3, if you're brave enough to take that pre-order plunge, we've actually got something for you:

You'll be rewarded with a 20% discount! That's right, amigo, we're slashing a cool 20% off the regular price of $ 44.99 / € 44.99 / 39.99 £ for our digital pre-order.

That's it. No skins attached.

Do you want to know what Jagged Alliance 3 is all about?

Check the Explanation on YouTube:

Jagged Alliance 3 is currently in development for PC and is set to release on July 14th, 2023 at an SRP of $ 44.99 / € 44.99 / 39.99 £. You will receive a 20% pre-order discount if you order before July 14th, 15:00 CEST / 2 PM BST / 9 AM EDT / 6 AM PDT.

Please note: Although we've said it before, there will be a launch discount, this one has been replaced with the pre-order discount. No discount planned for the launch phase.

Q: So you want the players to buy the cat in the bag?
A: Nope. We will make sure, press and content creators can show the game a few days prior to its release on July 14th. So you'll have ample time to see if the game is what you are looking for.
Q: THQ Nordic does not like pre-order incentives like items or costumes at all it seems?
A: Oh, we do! But for Jagged Alliance 3, we didn't think it would fit. The game is set in the early 2000s, a time when such incentives were barely known. We want to embrace that charming retro vibe and ride it into the sunset.

More information about the game is available in our biweekly Twitch streams, tune in Thursdays at 11 AM EST / 17:00 CEST on THQ Nordic's Twitch Channel:

https://www.twitch.tv/thqnordic
In case you missed a stream, you can always read all developer diaries here: https://thqn.net/ja3-dd02

... or re-watch the live stream recordings here: https://thqn.net/3nRdvHo
If you want to learn more about the game, make sure to follow on social media or discuss with other fans in the forums or on Discord:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jaggedalliancegame/
Forums: https://community.jaggedalliance.com/
Discord: https://discord.gg/jaggedalliance

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Q: So you want the players to buy the cat in the bag?
A: Nope. We will make sure, press and content creators can show the game a few days prior to its release on July 14th. So you'll have ample time to see if the game is what you are looking for.

Hi,
are there any recent streams/previews? Everything I found is 2 - 3 month old. It would be nice see some fresh content before preorder. Do you plan to provide current version of the game to press and conetnt creators?

I reached out to THQ Nordic a few weeks ago and asked whether I would get the chance to stream the game myself, if there was another "beta" phase.
Unfortunately my reach/audience is not big enough so they denied my request - that was just yesterday.

So the reply came a little late - but maybe right in time to inform other streamers about an "early access" for them.
I'm actually kinda sad others will get the chance to get their hands on first, because this will more or less rob others of the chance to be someone who discovers something first or who accomplishes some goals first.

@chr_isso I guess they are in pickle, need some foot on the ground marketing these days.

No better way IMHO then get bunch of streamers showing off the game and hopefully liking it and suggesting to viewers..

Folks will just have to avoid it (if they want the discovery) and surely there will be still plenty first to discover 😉

• Like 1

I should have known: ONLY 3 SLOTS FOR WEARABLE GEAR. ABOUT A MEAGER 5th (20%) OF THE HIREABLE MERCNARIES COMPARED TO JA2. AND BY FAR THE LEAST INTUITIVE CONTROLS (most likely mainly designed by some sub-standard ai, rather than a game designer"!). Anyone declaring this to be any forward development compared to JA2, doesnt understand the sllightest bit about gaming!

Just look how different fighting by daylight / or at nighttime was with according equipment and merc-skills in JA2, and how SIMPLETON the tactical differences are here in JA3!!!

And if this wasnt alraedy letdown enough, they are only giving you 6 (3male/3female) different Avatars for your creatable merc!

I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE REPEATED THAT WITHIN MANY YEARS: bit fancier graphics, is not consequently making games better, especially if euqipment- and other otions get reduced to a bare minimum! Make sure people have easy organizable/sortable inventories, than you dont have to work with:steamsad: minimal different equipments! :steamsad:

3 hours ago, Miguel Cordona said:

I should have known: ONLY 3 SLOTS FOR WEARABLE GEAR. ABOUT A MEAGER 5th (20%) OF THE HIREABLE MERCNARIES COMPARED TO JA2. AND BY FAR THE LEAST INTUITIVE CONTROLS (most likely mainly designed by some sub-standard ai, rather than a game designer"!). Anyone declaring this to be any forward development compared to JA2, doesnt understand the sllightest bit about gaming!

And if this wasnt alraedy letdown enough, they are only giving you 6 (3male/3female) different Avatars for your creatable merc!

I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE REPEATED THAT WITHIN MANY YEARS: bit fancier graphics, is not consequently making games better, especially if euqipment- and other otions get reduced to a bare minimum! Make sure people have easy organizable/sortable inventories, than you dont have to work with:steamsad: minimal different equipments! :steamsad:

Huuhh.... Well, here we go!

Is everything in JA3 perfect? No! Anyone who says so is deluded. But make no mistake, lots of work was poured into the game. Anyone with even a ounce of common sense could see that.

Do I like all the changes in game mechanics, not necessarily. But it also has quite a few strengths of its own. Inventory needs work, yes, we all know this.

You are forgetting one important thing. JA2 was all EXTREMELY basic sprites. We did not even have different sprites for different mercs! Mercs looked like anyone else in the game, only differentiation was the portrait and the pants/shirt colour to distinguish between the enemies, milita and mercs. Yes, we had very nice 2D talking portraits; that was VERY unique! Now, it is the opposite, we have "simpler" portraits, but fully animated and EXTREMELY unique-looking mercs. There are so many variety even in the enemy composition. Not to mention way more voiced lines in the game, even from common villagers, not only text box, but fully voiced npc's, even the unimportant ones.

The maps, landscape, weather and various effects are extremely well done as well. It's very easy to see how much time and effort was put into that feature alone. Nothing feels generated, but fully handcrafted!

All these graphical and sound upgrades over JA2 are way more time-consuming than making straight 2D sprites over 2D assets. In a world were finances, contracts and having to answer to a large publisher, choices MUST be made. Inventory and some UI is not game-breaking, these things can be polished. They focused on the things that mattered, and like ANY game, these things get fixed (yes EVEN our perfect JA2 had many bugs, which is why only GOLD version 1.12 fixed most of the issues).

You try to belittle their work by going for some lowball insult (AI generated 🤣), yet you don't even grasp the basic of how time consuming some aspects of the game were to work on.

No one is saying the game is perfect... but for a modern JA game, it sure as hell beats what most studios would have done with it!!

Be glad Firaxis didn't get their hands on it!!

• Like 1

Didn't JA2 also have three slots for helmet, armour and pants? There was one extra slot for sunglasses/NFG, and one slot for extended ears which quickly became irrelevant as everyone had extended ears and you couldn't put anything else on.

JA3 at least has primary and secondary weapon slot loadouts so you can swap in combat, which JA2 did not. As for merc inventory - that could do with some work, at least visually.