Jagged Alliance 3 - system requirements

Wigen

Below are the official hardware requirements of the Jagged Alliance 3I know that the requirements should not be completely suggested because they are usually taken from the Moon, but what do you think about them? Isn't it too high hardware requirements for such a game?

Minimum system requirements:

• CPU: AMD FX-830 / Intel i5-4690K
  • RAM: 6 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960
  • HDD or SSD: 20 GB free space
  • Others: DirectX 11

Recomended system requirements:

• CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060
  • HDD or SSD: 20 GB free space
  • Others: DirectX 11
Edited by Wigen
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wigen said:

Below are the official hardware requirements of the Jagged Alliance 3I know that the requirements should not be completely suggested because they are usually taken from the Moon, but what do you think about them? Isn't it too high hardware requirements for such a game?

They are in line with Phoenix Point, which is the game that I find it most resembles in the gameplay video.

I haven't looked at the Steam Survey stats in over a year, so I'm not certain what is considered budget hardware anymore, but a 960 is quite old and I would guess most PC players have better.

And, unfortunately, I would also think that they will not optimise it as well as they could if this was a PC-only game. It will be optimised for the next-gen consoles and the PC will simply have higher settings possible.

What do you feel about the requirements?

8 hours ago, qwaqwe said:

I can't play.

My graphic card dead some months ago.  😶

7 hours ago, Wigen said:

I probably won't play. My equipment is too weak. Maybe in the future I will watch myself on YouTube 🙂

What doesn't help is the stupid situation with the cost of graphics cards for the last year or two..

But, don't lose hope yet! Sometimes some companies give high requirements, but the game is smoother, and sometimes not.

I often watch https://youtube.com/user/RandomGaminginHD

It is impressive how sometimes very old hardware or even very budget hardware can and will run new games even below minimum system requirements!

On 11/6/2021 at 7:45 PM, Wigen said:

but what do you think about them? Isn't it too high hardware requirements for such a game?

From my perspective; impossible to say until we se a decent amount of gameplay. Depends a lot how advanced the game engine is and what features it uses.

Lots of destructible objects etc.? Of course it will demand more out of the computer to run.

No comfort for those who can not run it though.

Personally I should be OK to run it, my processor is below recommended (i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz) but otherwise I am whit in recommended specs.

12 hours ago, qwaqwe said:

My graphic card dead some months ago.  😶

You have my condolences.

4 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

What doesn't help is the stupid situation with the cost of graphics cards for the last year or two..

Yupp, painfully high! Even values of used products are insane.

4 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

But, don't lose hope yet! Sometimes some companies give high requirements, but the game is smoother, and sometimes not.

Kinda like an engine, better to have a weaker one that runs fine than a stronger one with bad performance.

I've got a 2080 which wasn't cheap when I got it, I look at ebay and other places selling that same card (some used) and the prices they are asking are more than what I paid for it a few years ago, the top card now is ridiculously priced.

If Nvidia had some competition then they might come down, but still they are way overpriced.. is it all this bitcoin mining or something?.

Edited by Acid