Mercenary movie scenes

Taurean

I'm glad they didn't go with the original design either!

The Predator from the sequel looks different enough to stand out from the first one and his expanded arsenal of weapons went a long way to being the reference for the computer games. Some people still criticise the film and say that Danny Glover is no Arnie. The thing is, I don't think he ever tried to be. The only indication that the main protagonist was meant to be a big guy was when Ruben Blades' character says to Glover, "You couldn't lift him up there!" or words to that effect, when they see bodies have been hoisted up to the ceiling.

The animatronic close up of the Predator's face is dated, in my view, and was probably never needed. Other than that, I think it is an excellent sequel and an important part of the lore. It is just a shame that the sequels had to alter the species and create…ahem, Super Predators. Also, the Alien Vs. Predator films could have been so much better. At the very least, the first film could have followed the novel's setting. The second film could have been a lot easier to see visually and the PredAlien Queen was a silly idea because its incubation method did away with both the eggs and Face Huggers. Not only that but the chest bursters matured and hatched too quickly (in both films, for that matter).

Edited by Solaris_Wave

That's some hard nostalgia zone in here.

The Predoator Helicopter Scene? Damn, when I was thinking about JA3 intro I was hoping for scene like this but with "Ready or not" song in the background and the helicopter being taken down by rocket so we end up with random shortages on inventory. I never watched the Predator tho.

The Shadow Warrior daaamn I was watching this movie as a kid and had a dream that I was in there with them, that was very fun dream 😄

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 12:45 AM, StoProGratis said:

The Predoator Helicopter Scene? Damn, when I was thinking about JA3 intro I was hoping for scene like this but with "Ready or not" song in the background and the helicopter being taken down by rocket so we end up with random shortages on inventory. I never watched the Predator tho.

The Shadow Warrior daaamn I was watching this movie as a kid and had a dream that I was in there with them, that was very fun dream 😄

On 7/13/2023 at 12:45 AM, StoProGratis said:

Numb was a damn funny character in JA2 ^^ I liked his character, a bit lacking attitude at times, but absolutely capable .. but M.E.R.C.'s prices are all over the place, lol ^^ So it's not often i care to recruit him. But he is not bad.

On 7/22/2023 at 11:04 AM, LoboNocturno said:

Jagged Alliance scene in real life :

Damn that's scary. Lol.. hmm, how can the police deal with that, in that situation.. sometimes you simply can't. Better to swallow a neutral loss and have a chance later than getting killed outright. The police did the right thing. One can think, why didn't they simply toss a grenade in the group .. it's not how it works .. if you move your hand towards your pocket, they shoot you. You get 1 chance, nothing more.