Ammunition?

Warmonger

There was definitely an ammo shortage with the more powerful guns at the start of JA2. However, it didn't really seem to be all that crippling, in the way that some JA3 players are experiencing. Here it sounds as if you have to make do without ammo for most of your guns for a good portion of the early game.

That said, when I am able to play the game in the coming weeks, I will have my own experience with the game, instead of just reading others and trying to build a picture of what people might be experiencing themselves. Right now, it sounds like one side or the other but not really any middle ground. Either people are frustrated by the lack of ammo, and possibly having to restart, or having so much ammo that they could become Bobby Ray's successor.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

To change the topic a bit regarding ammunition - has anyone had good experience with the sub-types of ammo yet?

Armour piercing and Hollow point are well-known. Match just adds additional accuracy and is good for sniper rifles.

Have you tried Tracer yet and with what type of weapons?

Does subsonic ammunition actually make a difference if you are also using a silencer for that weapon?

What about .50 BMG slap?

17 hours ago, marcinl0 said:

Simple option from JA2: AMMO: take a look at JA2 -> blue for HP, red for AP

Why not the same in JA3...

I'm missing that too.

There's a lot of different types of ammunition but they are not recognizable when they load info weapons.

Hopefully this is going to be in some future patch.

I thought I would follow up my previous post about not finding gunpowder past Ernie Island. I am now close to 60 hours in my first playthrough, and while the first ~40+ hours had me finding zero gunpowder, since then I have been finding it somewhat consistently. I don't know if I was just very unlucky prior to that, but it seemed that once I had 50+ sectors under control it started to drop again. 

I also found a vendor that sells gunpowder in one of the farther east settlements.

8 hours ago, Elder III said:

I thought I would follow up my previous post about not finding gunpowder past Ernie Island. I am now close to 60 hours in my first playthrough, and while the first ~40+ hours had me finding zero gunpowder, since then I have been finding it somewhat consistently. I don't know if I was just very unlucky prior to that, but it seemed that once I had 50+ sectors under control it started to drop again. 

I also found a vendor that sells gunpowder in one of the farther east settlements.

i have 22 GP atm and maybe played 8 hours on that play through. But i am playing in a very cringe way

• 6 months later...

Unlock the power of AmmoPlanet! Become an AP Insider and shop the best ammo and gear on the planet. As a valued member, you'll enjoy a 5% discount on your initial purchase when you sign up for an account. Whether you're an avid shooter, a tactical enthusiast, or a hunting aficionado, AmmoPlanet has everything you need to elevate your experience. Embrace the AP Insider advantage and join us in redefining excellence in firearms and gear!