Can you store your gear somewhere safe ?

Nitneuc

Hello, I'm starting to be at this point in game where I'm getting some interesting stuff (RPG-7, M-24...) but don't necessarily have the spare space in inventory, or use for them atm. Is there a way to store heavy weapons for some days without risking them disappearing ?   

1 minute ago, Warmonger said:

It will disappear sometimes. I lost several guns and ammo in the K10-Mine, which I left there. Other things still in the place where left them. I'm not sure if the militia appropriated this in K10?!

I stand corrected then. I never had anything disappear but, admittedly, I would rarely go back to pick these things anyways or that I would remember what exactly I've left behind 😛

4 minutes ago, Tzg said:

I don't believe anything disappears from the sector inventory. Just open it up in sat view mode and throw there. 

You must be in the sector. Taking/throwing does not work that way. Only with the sector you are. And even there you have to be to hideout if it is in there.  

Edited by Warmonger

Just now, Warmonger said:

You must be in the sector. Taking/throwing does not work that way. Only with the sector you are. And even there you to be to hideout if it is in there.  

yes that what I meant. You need to move to the sector, and open sector inventory and do it from there. not just dropping stuff all over the place. 

1 minute ago, Warmonger said:

I definitely lost things! Black Powder also.

I am not disagreeing. Good to know. It would disappear in JA2 (seemed like everyone in Arulco is a thief!) - it felt like folks in Grand Chien are less prone to thievery - but I was probably wrong 🙂

I don't remember whether it was original Jagged Alliance 2 or the 1.13 mod but mercenaries with the "Thief" perk like Magic just picked up gear and put it in their inventory themselves every now and then. 🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tzg said:

I am not disagreeing. Good to know. It would disappear in JA2 (seemed like everyone in Arulco is a thief!) - it felt like folks in Grand Chien are less prone to thievery - but I was probably wrong 🙂

True words. Well, we  will see. Keeping things together is a game within the game with all JAs and always was. With JA2 I sometimes spend hours only on the inventory before I did the next move ... ha, ha, ha. Sometimes it helped me even to be a German there as we learn order from the childhood on, well we elder ones did  😉 

1 minute ago, sandman25dcsss said:

The game has some inventory-related bugs like when you use tool to remove gunpowder from a bomb the tool disappears if there is no free slot.

This is interesting to know! With my own merc, the one I created, I disarmed tons of mines but have not seen any parts from. Silly me  gave myself  only 40 power, so so got only 4 places in my backpack, which are always occupied of course. Kinda self bug. I am really wondering to start a new game  using all the xp I gathered because meanwhile I am bit helpless with out ammo and stuff in the region of K9, K10 and L9 😞 

20 minutes ago, Warmonger said:

This is interesting to know! With my own merc, the one I created, I disarmed tons of mines but have not seen any parts from. Silly me  gave myself  only 40 power, so so got only 4 places in my backpack, which are always occupied of course. Kinda self bug. I am really wondering to start a new game  using all the xp I gathered because meanwhile I am bit helpless with out ammo and stuff in the region of K9, K10 and L9 😞 

The game is balanced around using all available mechanics so you are supposed to use melee, stealth kills, crafting, shops, weapon mods etc. I don't use some of these because of personal preferences and it means I am encouraged to use some mods to make the game easier to compensate. Currently I am in "story mode" due to triple ammo drop, triple headshot damage, never ending diamonds from mines etc. to learn the game, then I will play normally in next playthroughs.

I once said in the twitch streams I believe it was that ordering weapons, ammo, meds, tools and armor from JA2 online store predates my amazon prime obsession and it's just funny how true that is.

You can imagine my monumental disappointment with the developers current in game vendor choices in JA3- as much as I have enjoyed, and been frustrated, playing a good JA game.

The number of times I have heard "that is how it was in JA2" so don't complain about it means I feel turnabout is fair here.

Crafting, IMHO, is a really nice addition, bonus as it were, but not a replacement for the online shop or the woefully inadequate have to pay a bunch of pricey mercs to travel to the (IMHO) fleatown market half baked solution. The cost of lost opportunity to have to ship a whole squad of mercs (to make use of inventory slots) to shop across a map is maybe defeating.

Great general said something once about logistics being what wins and all that!

Edited by Twoturntables

7 hours ago, J1v1n said:

I don't remember whether it was original Jagged Alliance 2 or the 1.13 mod but mercenaries with the "Thief" perk like Magic just picked up gear and put it in their inventory themselves every now and then. 🤣

7 hours ago, Tzg said:

In JA2, Militia will pick up guns you leave on the ground, only if some ammo is loaded into it and it is better than the one they have (coolness factor). If the gun is empty, it won't be picked up. Equipment left on the ground in JA2 never disappears.

This was a way to actually control the guns Militia could have, leave some decent loaded guns near a place you think militia will walk by in the case they must defend an area.. and they will replace their cheaper gun with a better one.

If you simply wanted to store guns in an area, simply unload them.

15 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

In JA2, Militia will pick up guns you leave on the ground, only if some ammo is loaded into it and it is better than the one they have (coolness factor). If the gun is empty, it won't be picked up. Equipment left on the ground in JA2 never disappears.

This was a way to actually control the guns Militia could have, leave some decent loaded guns near a place you think militia will walk by in the case they must defend an area.. and they will replace their cheaper gun with a better one.

If you simply wanted to store guns in an area, simply unload them.

I don’t believe this happens in vanilla/straciatella but was introduced in 1.13 actually.* 

* - might be wrong though. Don’t think I have ever bothered to manage militia other way than get a free mercs/cheap mercs and train more when needed 

Edited by Tzg

On 7/19/2023 at 2:30 AM, Nitneuc said:

Hello, I'm starting to be at this point in game where I'm getting some interesting stuff (RPG-7, M-24...) but don't necessarily have the spare space in inventory, or use for them atm. Is there a way to store heavy weapons for some days without risking them disappearing ?   

I stored items in Ports. K9 or K10 port was a good location, since new recruits can arrive there.

They are safe there.

How I play it, if I have some new pro recruits coming in (naturally I get either elite/vets additionals OR I replace them), they pick up this more pro equipment, and bring it to squad when unite.