Good but not great..

Redstrom

The game is far better than the previous attempts to resurrect the series.

But something is missing..

Almost immediately i started looking for Bobby Ray’s but could not find it. This would in my opinion be a crucial part of the game. Securing an airport and therefor a way to access weapons and ammo by air transport.

Another thing that i just dont get is why none of the equipment you put on your mercs show on the characters?! I mean come on, you cant get away with that in 2023.

I miss some of the previous mercs like Lynx etc. But that i can live with.

Still a fun game but i find that i get bored quite often since the game does not really offer any variance in ways to move forward.

/R

• Like 1

As far as I know, it was a conscious decision of the developers not to display the mercenaries' equipment on the character, in order to preserve their individuality and not have them all look the same in the end. I can understand this decision, but I still find it unfortunate, since I consider an elite squad that looks like one to be much more immersive than Steroid dressed like Duke Nukem crawling through the bushes, not to mention Igor (even if the outfit is authentic). 🤔

As for the weapons, they've managed it very well. Even the individual modifications (silencer, bipod etc.) are shown.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Redstrom said:

The game is far better than the previous attempts to resurrect the series.

But something is missing..

Almost immediately i started looking for Bobby Ray’s but could not find it. This would in my opinion be a crucial part of the game. Securing an airport and therefor a way to access weapons and ammo by air transport.

Another thing that i just dont get is why none of the equipment you put on your mercs show on the characters?! I mean come on, you cant get away with that in 2023.

I miss some of the previous mercs like Lynx etc. But that i can live with.

Still a fun game but i find that i get bored quite often since the game does not really offer any variance in ways to move forward.

/R

True what you say but does not make it a "not great". It is great, best JA ever and hopefully what you mentioned will be fixed/added then. It is a normal process you should know it if you own more than just this game. And yes, it is out for a week more or less beta still ... but already very very good! Think it will be supported a lot as it can become a goldmine for the makers then.

• Like 1

Game hits the wall very fast, if you are following Fleatown-Refrugee Camp-Communist quest line route. Around Poacher Camp/Flay recruitment my interest just dwindles. Main reason is poorly implemented mechanics i think, RNG effects the game too much IMO. There is literally no challenge when RNG is cool with you. For example in one of my runs, region around Fleamarket town up to Communist area, i dropped 14 M14s and various small arms(pistols). With FAMAS from(thank god that 5.56) i literally ran out of ammo and had to quit/restart. In another run i dropped right after Haunted Mansion HK12 and RPK, FN-FAL from south of Fleatown and M24 around Refugee camp. Other than huge problem with RNG i can list bunch of mechanics, poorly implemented or was just an after thought, because lets face it, no dev cares about rebooting games or making good games anymore. 90 percent of us are here due to nostalgia(at least i am).

Poor mechanics are:

-Difficulty from get go. It is just lazy game development, less loot and money? really? I can agree with enemies being higher level or more enemies in occupation zones but punishing players for successfully beating your after thought mechanics is just lazy.

-SAT VIEW OPS: Partially garbage. Some of OPS are not even explained or that short explanations they added was for console players. Allow me to explain, did you guys know, scouting op actually capture "supplies" from enemies but for some divine reason, these supplies are "mystery" supplies. I am assuming gun parts, meds or ammo. People get into combat during scouting with enemy patrol, i cant control them and they get wounded for no reason or skill check. Rest of the OPs are situational and are there to create "illusion of" activity.
-No actual trade, no actual Black Market which we can view from SAT view, No Bobby Ray’s. Devs, not adding features and logical mechanics doesnt make your game challenging, it makes it tedious and an after thought.

-Another punishment for successful players: Towns. No reward for capping town, i need to spend time and money to proctect them, since they cant radio in to my team and ask for orders/directions after first successful autocombat you will lose the zone, unless, you drop your mission, return back and retrain the militia. Civilians are not grateful or helpful. Towns are just empty shells to give 1-2 NPCs a lively "neighbourhood". Is it really hard  to think small rewards for success? "OH THANKS YOU SAVED MY SHOP LET ME MAKE YOUR AMMO PRODUCTION OP 30 percent FASTER BECAUSE I AM A SKILLED PROFESSIONAL IN MECHANICS AND EXPLOSIVES". You dont even need to add visual just put a simple line of text, enrich everyone's experience. Simple effing example.

-Loyalty:Lol rescuing  and babysitting these towns are not enough, we need to earn their trust. For what exactly? For some income boost to nearby mine(if even a mine exists there). Cheaper militia training? Why are we even paying for that when we are under Adonis contract lol.

-Diamond Mines: Literally would be interesting since it is our direct control. I dont know, hiring extra workers, improving work quality and workers life with bonuses to boost our income. There is literally and OP specific to a single mine which improves income, yeah as you guessed it, it is SAT OP. I dont know what to say

-Town Defense: Literally most annoying part of the game, i need to babysit militias. I am sorry why though? Ok i can somewhat agree town defense is good idea for in game economy/mechanics(which are non existing after thoughts). Why not make it a fricking event? "If your squad doesnt intervene in 16 hours XXX town will be occupied by Legion Forces". Just simple stuff like this, makes your games more interesting, well thought(or at least you will look like you "cared")

Devs wasted game's potential, because even how hard try to make this game, it is actually playable and some stuff(quests) are actually not half bad.

Mind you guys that, they dont even need to add visuals, sound, graphics. Few lines of code here and there. Really.

Thanks, if anyone read anything i wrote.

Edited by Skaldy

I am reading a lot about scarcity of ammo but every so often someone else comments that eventually they have so much ammo that any need for a patch or a mod, is unnecessary. Can more people clarify this, especially if they have progressed further into the game?

6 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I am reading a lot about scarcity of ammo but every so often someone else comments that eventually they have so much ammo that any need for a patch or a mod, is unnecessary. Can more people clarify this, especially if they have progressed further into the game?

Pure RNG magic. Depends on which weapons you find. Read my post. I just quited and deleted one more run because i cant fight. I had 400 9mm and assorted variations of .44 and shotgun shells. I dont have any weapons to use these, i dont have anymore ammo to reload anything that my squad uses. For context, i cleared the map from Fleatown to Biff's last stand area and to the south, Port, city Cacoo or whatever to Haunted Mansion's real owner(Hermit's Shack)

Edit: aside from RNG magic, depends on difficulty, i am on commando dif.

Edited by Skaldy

12 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I'm sure a decent part of it is RNG. Also the first rifle you get, you only get limited ammo for it. If you don't find or make more quickly you can no longer use it and it's a huge power jump early game. Then as you get other guns similar things happen. You might not get enough ammo to keep using that shiny new gun but other find plenty of ammo.

I think the best solution is a higher drop rate for ammo, enough that you only ever have to make specialty ammo you want to but not basic ammo just so your weapons don't become useless. Also more availability at, "shops" helps as a money sink if that's the concern.

2 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Interesting. So the game constantly gave you ammo for weapons that weren't in use. What about availability of weapons that did use those calibres?

7.62x39 and 7.62x51(?) NATO and WarsawPact ammo. All weapons i use just use these two types. Later i gave Barry and Larry shotguns to balance it out but they became highly unusable since i had 20-25 nades and maybe 20 support nades. I leveled up them for throw and run back. I cant use shotguns for frontliners due to armor, range and constantly i need to make head shots. Last resort i switched to MP5 smg i found but same deal with shotguns need to go up close, meanwhile my team is entirely built for far range, surprise opening(Fox's perks) supported by over-watch.

Edited by Skaldy

The RNG definitely needs adjusting in terms of having more common ammo available at all times. I would expect plenty of 9mm Parabellum, 7.62x51mm NATO and 7.62x39mm. Those calibres would be in use at all times. Shotgun rounds would be abundant, followed by cartridges for WWII-era rifles.

.44 Magnum (or any other Magnum round) should be harder to come by, especially in Africa.

@Skaldy

I get the impression you haven't played any of the previous Jagged Alliance games?

Difficulty - the main source of difficulty always started with which mercs you can hire and what equipment can they bring on the mission. If you could start directly with an AK from the first sector, that makes a huge difference. In Jagged Alliance 3 they kind of overdid it, as new players are not yet aware they shouldn't be spending big before they capture at least one mine. The balancing can be improved, but this is 100% how Jagged Alliance plays - the scarcity of resources, equipment and personnel was always the main hurdle to overcome.

Sat view Ops - they are there to allow to do more than just pass time on the strategic map and are direct legacy from JA2. The crafting and scouting are new additions and can benefit from an extended tutorial, possibly a quest even to introduce those operations to you.

Towns - there are rewards for liberating towns and getting to 100% Loyalty. For example for Pantagruel this allows to control the Fosse Noire mine. Port Cacao opens the Museum for you, as well as the Junk trader. Small things but they do count and give character to each of the towns. Moreover, if you talk to the nameless villagers sometimes they will actually give you a few items and ammo as a reward for liberating the town and resolving its quests. 

Loyalty - apart from mine income and price of training of militia, Loyalty is required to solve quite a few quests or negotiate for extra rewards.

Town defense - this is exactly how it worked back in JA2 with two slight omissions - in JA2 you could actually give orders to militia to move from one town sector to another (within the same town). You could also give weapons on the tactical view to militia members to better arm them. In JA3 when you use the auto-resolve feature with militia, you actually receive more loot and ammo as the game considers none of the weapons to have been fired.

@Solaris_Wave

It is not pure RNG - Here is what I have in my two principal squads

Charlie squad:

image.thumb.png.07793f3b9e784bf03910e936382b2866.png

image.thumb.png.b8a30dde721e0a23c52e4c8ce8cef30b.png

Taking stock :

9x19 mm - 1000+ rounds

7,62x39 mm WP - 1000+ rounds

7,62x51 mm NATO - 300+ rounds and around 500 rounds in Meltdown, who is in separate Heavy weapons squad

12 mm shotgun - 275+ rounds

.44 - 260+ rounds

.50 BMG - 174 rounds

HE rockets - 12

40 mm grenades - 16

Mortar shells - 9

Alpha squad:

image.thumb.png.9c23a4944a6af14622a403965cc491ea.png

Taking stock :

12 mm shotgun - 95 rounds

.44 - 140 rounds

7,62x39 mm WP - 420+ rounds

7,62x51 NATO - 113 rounds

9x19 mm - 350+ rounds

5,56 mm - 275 rounds

HE rocket - 7

I have plenty of ammo, especially 7,62 WP, 7,62 NATO and 9 mm.
I think that some players tend to rely too heavily on burst fire and do not use often Aim or mod their weapons for accuracy.

Edited by Melliores

Again, this shows that ammo either seems to be too scarce and players are running out (maybe only if firing automatic?), while others have acquired a large amount of ammo that should see them through most firefights.

It is difficult to say whether the game needs adjusting at this point.

@Melliores

I played all of the games, verrrry verry long time ago.

Difficulty- Really mate? i havent said a single thing about initial merc equipment. I know resources are scarce in all games, we had more logical looting and trading.

Sat OPs- Read better, i said those are after thoughts. Really. I mean Scouting OP says you captured equipment from enemies and then says lol i aint gonna elaborate on that.

Towns- I am fully aware, those are not rewards, tedious tasks or quests. Literally Grizzly's inventory is full of relics which i aim to give to Musuem for what? more loyality? lol? Town people in my case, never give anything and dump bunch of quest markers.

Town defense- not factual info. I resolved 2 back to back assaults on Fleatown, result is 2 AK47s and 2 RPG7 rockets.

look it is nice if you are enjoying JA3, i dont. Instead of pushing l2p, play older games and being a fanboy, be reasonable. If you are telling me, with full honestly RNG weapon drops and modding parts, your play-through is not effected?

Edited by Skaldy

39 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

Game hits the wall very fast, if you are following Fleatown-Refrugee Camp-Communist quest line route. Around Poacher Camp/Flay recruitment my interest just dwindles. Main reason is poorly implemented mechanics i think, RNG effects the game too much IMO. There is literally no challenge when RNG is cool with you. For example in one of my runs, region around Fleamarket town up to Communist area, i dropped 14 M14s and various small arms(pistols). With FAMAS from(thank god that 5.56) i literally ran out of ammo and had to quit/restart. In another run i dropped right after Haunted Mansion HK12 and RPK, FN-FAL from south of Fleatown and M24 around Refugee camp. Other than huge problem with RNG i can list bunch of mechanics, poorly implemented or was just an after thought, because lets face it, no dev cares about rebooting games or making good games anymore. 90 percent of us are here due to nostalgia(at least i am).

Poor mechanics are:

-Difficulty from get go. It is just lazy game development, less loot and money? really? I can agree with enemies being higher level or more enemies in occupation zones but punishing players for successfully beating your after thought mechanics is just lazy.

-SAT VIEW OPS: Partially garbage. Some of OPS are not even explained or that short explanations they added was for console players. Allow me to explain, did you guys know, scouting op actually capture "supplies" from enemies but for some divine reason, these supplies are "mystery" supplies. I am assuming gun parts, meds or ammo. People get into combat during scouting with enemy patrol, i cant control them and they get wounded for no reason or skill check. Rest of the OPs are situational and are there to create "illusion of" activity.
-No actual trade, no actual Black Market which we can view from SAT view, No Bobby Ray’s. Devs, not adding features and logical mechanics doesnt make your game challenging, it makes it tedious and an after thought.

-Another punishment for successful players: Towns. No reward for capping town, i need to spend time and money to proctect them, since they cant radio in to my team and ask for orders/directions after first successful autocombat you will lose the zone, unless, you drop your mission, return back and retrain the militia. Civilians are not grateful or helpful. Towns are just empty shells to give 1-2 NPCs a lively "neighbourhood". Is it really hard  to think small rewards for success? "OH THANKS YOU SAVED MY SHOP LET ME MAKE YOUR AMMO PRODUCTION OP 30 percent FASTER BECAUSE I AM A SKILLED PROFESSIONAL IN MECHANICS AND EXPLOSIVES". You dont even need to add visual just put a simple line of text, enrich everyone's experience. Simple effing example.

-Loyalty:Lol rescuing  and babysitting these towns are not enough, we need to earn their trust. For what exactly? For some income boost to nearby mine(if even a mine exists there). Cheaper militia training? Why are we even paying for that when we are under Adonis contract lol.

-Diamond Mines: Literally would be interesting since it is our direct control. I dont know, hiring extra workers, improving work quality and workers life with bonuses to boost our income. There is literally and OP specific to a single mine which improves income, yeah as you guessed it, it is SAT OP. I dont know what to say

-Town Defense: Literally most annoying part of the game, i need to babysit militias. I am sorry why though? Ok i can somewhat agree town defense is good idea for in game economy/mechanics(which are non existing after thoughts). Why not make it a fricking event? "If your squad doesnt intervene in 16 hours XXX town will be occupied by Legion Forces". Just simple stuff like this, makes your games more interesting, well thought(or at least you will look like you "cared")

Devs wasted game's potential, because even how hard try to make this game, it is actually playable and some stuff(quests) are actually not half bad.

Mind you guys that, they dont even need to add visuals, sound, graphics. Few lines of code here and there. Really.

Thanks, if anyone read anything i wrote.

You are looking for perfection man. Have you ever played JA2? If not so plz try it before, then come back and we talk again about what we have gotten now. This it is about and not how it should other or improved still. JA3 is already one of the best games ever. And great who or what is great? Julius Cesare or Napoleon? Well, they are both dead.

@Skaldy

Weapon availability is not random - most of the key weapons like the HK 21 can be obtained regularly (100%) at specific places on the map. Same goes for unique weapons that you can get from certain quests and bosses. Traders, while they have a very limited selection of weapons, always offer the same ones - Fleatown at H9 has a Glock, Auto-5, knives and MPK5. The Poachers' Camp at C5 always has a very nicely modified Dragunov.

Moreover, enemies for me tend to drop a lot of AKs and MP5s. Less so 7,62 NATO weapons but those also can be seen from time to time.

Can you please let us know how you equip your squads and what drops do you usually get? The game does not allow you to resupply only by using loot, you need to check the traders and craft some ammo as well.

Edited by Melliores

Just now, Warmonger said:

You are looking for perfection man. Have you ever played JA2? If not so plz try it before, then come back and we talk again about what we have gotten now. This it is about and not how it should other or improved still. JA3 is already one of the best games ever. And great who or what is great? Julius Cesare or Napoleon? Well, they are both dead.

Not looking for perfection, i am looking for logic, i am just too old and tired of these fanboism really. You are comparing this game to a game from 20(?) years ago. If people are not going to improve anything from older games, why not name it "Hot Rebellion in Imaginary African Lands"?Just by adding JA to head line you increase expectations by 10 fold. And what, deliver lesser JA2?

Dude i am 33, i played entire JA series when i was a kid and enjoyed it.

4 minutes ago, Melliores said:

@Skaldy

Weapon availability is not random - most of the key weapons like the HK 21 can be obtained regularly (100%) at specific places on the map. Same goes for unique weapons that you can get from certain quests and bosses. Trader, while they have a very limited selection of weapons, always offer the same ones - Fleatown at H9 has a Glock, Auto-5, knives and MPK5. The Poachers' Camp at C5 always has a very nicely modified Dragunov.

Moreover, enemies for me tend to drop a lot of AKs and MP5s. Less so 7,62 NATO weapons but those also can be seen from time to time.

Can you please let us know how you equip your squads and what drops do you usually get? The game does not allow you to resupply only by using loot, you need to check the traders and craft some ammo as well.

Weapon availability is not random? My 7th run, every single time i dropped different weapons. Have you even read what i wrote? i dropped 14 M14s in one run.

My last run was like this
Custom merc: Knife, any silencer mod smg

Fox: Sniper rifles, I found M24 really early and from Gewerh to M24, then back to Dragunov from Poacher camp.

Liveware: fully modded Ak47

Grizzly: HK12-RPK. Switches between these two depending on which ammo i have

Barry: Pistol. He just lobs nades and i had plenty

Larry: Shotgun and nades.

Before i managed to recuit Flay i ran out of ammo.

edit: stop trying to teach me the game dude @Melliores, i am fully aware. I craft and i buy regularly.

Edited by Skaldy

If Bobby Ray's or another equivalent was in JA3, debates like this could have been avoided. There then wouldn't be a situation where some players are at the mercy of RNG.

Either that, or just follow practical logic and have any weapons that the enemy uses leave ammo behind. They could even leave the weapons themselves. I understand that leaving weapons behind was omitted to prevent getting everything you need too early into the game but I have repeatedly suggested the idea that those guns left by the fallen enemies be in poor condition. They would require maintenance much sooner and would misfire more often. This would encourage a choice between using a weapon recently picked up in the field that can be unpredictable in its operation, compared to what a merc starts off with or what can be bought. Over time, those poor quality weapons could be improved by acquiring enough of them, breaking them down into their individual parts and building an identical weapon out of those individual components.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

If Bobby Ray's or another equivalent was in JA3, debates like this could have been avoided. There then wouldn't be a situation where some players are at the mercy of RNG.

Either that, or just follow practical logic and have any weapons that the enemy uses leave ammo behind. They could even leave the weapons themselves. I understand that leaving weapons behind was omitted to prevent getting everything you need too early into the game but I have repeatedly suggested the idea that those guns left by the fallen enemies be in poor condition. They would require maintenance much sooner and would misfire more often. This would encourage a choice between using a weapon recently picked up in the field that can be unpredictable in its operation, compared to what a merc starts off with or what can be bought. Over time, those poor quality weapons could be improved by acquiring enough of them, breaking them down into their individual parts and building an identical weapon out of those individual components.

I totally agree with all your points. Problem is, these people give no one any room to discuss anything. I mean, both guys implied it is  "skill issue" and non stop advising me to play 20 year old game(which i played more than they did probably, with all expansions) to understand why this game's mechanics suck? lol.

Edited by Skaldy

24 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

Not looking for perfection, i am looking for logic, i am just too old and tired of these fanboism really. You are comparing this game to a game from 20(?) years ago. If people are not going to improve anything from older games, why not name it "Hot Rebellion in Imaginary African Lands"?Just by adding JA to head line you increase expectations by 10 fold. And what, deliver lesser JA2?

Dude i am 33, i played entire JA series when i was a kid and enjoyed it.

Too old?   ... ha, ha, ha me2 ... I am 64 .. I played JA1 and JA2 .. let me tell you that what we have gotten is the best JA ever. I like it logically 2 but there are limits and what they have made, well i feel the efforts and love it. We give it time  to fix bugs and make maybe more "logically". But right now I am simply happy after some 25 years. 

There will be a dev stream on Monday, the 24th of July. Let us see whether they say something about adding more ammo sources and a proper trader.

Dropping all weapons does not work like you think @Solaris_Wave. Back in JA2(and 1.13 by extension) players would cheese the game picking the hardest difficulty, going into the more dangerous sectors and then just camping, till they get a good rifle or machine gun. On the hardest difficulty the game would throw at you better equipped soldiers and sooner. This made the game actually easier on the highest difficulty.

@Skaldy

I am 37 and played JA1 (since 1995), JA Deadly Games and JA2 (since 2000). Have been playing JA2 + mods for more than 2 decades. You have your whole life ahead of you. 🙂

I am not going to ask anymore about your gamestyle and approach, as it seems you are taking this personally. However you are not the first one to share that you are running out of ammo. The community and developers would very much benefit from understanding how and why you are running so fast of all your ammo.

Blaming RNG is the easy way out - I reckon there is something else going on. Might be even a bug - hence why it is important to share more details from your games.

Edited by Melliores

I ran out of ammo for my early AK-47... because every shot I took was a burst.

I learned my lesson; handed pistols to everyone and instilled proper trigger finger techniques to my squad. 😁

I'm happy we can't "buy" ammunition. It is among the things I actually do enjoy; worrying about being careful with ammo use. Feels "realistic" as well. Also haven't even crafted any ammo yet.

Just now, Melliores said:

There will be a dev stream on Monday, the 24th of July. Let us see whether they say something about adding more ammo sources and a proper trader.

Dropping all weapons does not work like you think @Solaris_Wave. Back in JA2(and 1.13 by extension) players would cheese the game picking the hardest difficulty, going into the more dangerous sectors and then just camping, till they get a good rifle or machine gun. On the hardest difficulty the game would throw at you better equipped soldiers and sooner.

@Skaldy

I am 37 and played JA1 (since 1995), JA Deadly Games and JA2 (since 2000). Have been playing JA2 + mods for more than 2 decades. You have your whole life ahead of you. 🙂

I am not going to ask anymore about your gamestyle and approach, as it seems you are taking this personally. However you are not the first one to share that you are running out of ammo. The community and developers would very much benefit from understanding how and why you are running so fast of all your ammo.

Blaming RNG is the easy way out - I reckon there is something else going on. Might be even a bug - hence why it is important to share more details from your games.

of course, i am taking it personally, because you are directly targeting me, my knowledge of the game and my skill as a gamer. Your entire language is full of implications. You didnt even addressed a single point and suggestion i made. In short you are being a fanboy for no reason. Your entire discourse is, "let me debunk this guy", you are not sharing any organic experience, you are not letting people discuss anything. You havent even read what i wrote, so i had to repeat my sentences. Your longest post is, unrelated information dump has nothing to do with my critique and from context i can see you wrote it blindly. Why are you even responding?

11 minutes ago, Melliores said:

Dropping all weapons does not work like you think @Solaris_Wave. Back in JA2(and 1.13 by extension) players would cheese the game picking the hardest difficulty, going into the more dangerous sectors and then just camping, till they get a good rifle or machine gun. On the hardest difficulty the game would throw at you better equipped soldiers and sooner. This made the game actually easier on the highest difficulty.

I am aware of that but, like I was saying, if in JA3 (not JA2) you could pick up weapons off defeated enemies but they were in poor shape, you wouldn't be able to just use them without problems. By the time better trained and better equipped enemies appear, your desire to pick up such weapons will be less needed.

11 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

I'm happy we can't "buy" ammunition. It is among the things I actually do enjoy; worrying about being careful with ammo use. Feels "realistic" as well. Also haven't even crafted any ammo yet.

I know it can both challenging and fun to need to think about your fights, using less desirable equipment instead of having the luxury of modern equipment, but it still doesn't make sense why you can't use the ammo the enemy should leave behind. I read elsewhere that the enemy never runs out of ammo. Then, if you kill them all in a firefight, you can't salvage any of it.

@Skaldy

I quite literally shared my own experience, screenshots from my first and only game so far and took stock of my ammo reserves to show a counter-point. That not only I am using different types of weapons, calibers and approaches like you have ( I do use burst from time to time, as well as explosives), my two squads have plenty of ammo reserves. So apparently it is not only down to RNG. My two squads have in total 1000+ rounds in reserve from the calibers you have been missing. 

Oh, I think there is another thing that might help with the ammo issue - I tend to use a lot of militia, instead of defending manually. Militia do not spend any of your ammo.

But let us get back to your previous post - you said that one run you managed to loot a total of 14 M14. Each M14 when loaded carries 20 rounds so that would make 280 rounds. Let us say that you only managed to get half of that - 140 rounds of 7,62 NATO.

That is only from those M14 rifles. Didn't those 140 rounds last a long time? You yourself wrote that you prefer using mainly rifles and staying back. That makes for 140 single rifle shots which is a lot.

In all your 7 games do you run out of the same type of calibers?

@Solaris_Wave

In JA3 poor shape can easily be remedied. Even a weapon with 1% durability can be repaired within 12 hours and it will cost you 5-6 parts. So you will be using that plundered weapon on your next day, provided you have the ammo for it. 🙂

Now if they impose a penalty to the max durability such weapons can reach, that might make your suggestion viable. Let us say you can repair them to 50% max durability. However no such restrictions exist currently in the game.