Which of the RPCs from Jagged Alliance 2 do you miss the most and why?

J1v1n

Which of the RPCs from Jagged Alliance 2 do you miss the most and why?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the RPCs from Jagged Alliance 2 do you miss the most and why?

• Breeham "Shank" Druz
    • Carlos Dasouza
    • Devin Connell
    • Dimitri Guzzo
    • Dr. Vincent Beaumont
    • Greg "Dynamo" Duncan
    • Hamous
    • Igmus "Iggy" Palkov
    • Ira Smythe
    • John Kulba
    • Kevin "Maddog" Cameron
    • Lt. Conrad Gillitt
    • MadLab's Robot
    • Manuel
    • Miguel Cordona
    • Mike
    • Richard "Slay" Ruttwen aka "Terry"

We've already gotten a good picture in this thread of which of the A.I.M. mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2, not currently included in Jagged Alliance 3, we miss the most and why.
Now comes the same question only with all the remaining recruitable characters from Jagged Alliance 2. Who do you miss the most and would you like to see back in Jagged Alliance 3? 🤠

Ira, because she 'GOT my EARS'.

One of the most versatile recruit, you could either use her as a support merc for training and medical attention only, or transform her into a deadly shooter or even both. She was also a nice guide explaining the ins and outs of Arulco. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I picked Ira, but I don't just miss her as a very flexible and early free merc. I picked her because I think the game currently lacks a diverse cast of such flexible characters. People from the resistance, quest characters or members of organized crime (like Luigi).

There are some I'm convinced were at least considered to be such options, like Deedee, Chimurenga, The Beast or Bastien. Yet they remain unrecruitable and play no role beyond a small encounter or two.

1 hour ago, LXant said:

I picked Ira, but I don't just miss her as a very flexible and early free merc. I picked her because I think the game currently lacks a diverse cast of such flexible characters. People from the resistance, quest characters or members of organized crime (like Luigi).

There are some I'm convinced were at least considered to be such options, like Deedee, Chimurenga, The Beast or Bastien. Yet they remain unrecruitable and play no role beyond a small encounter or two.

Oh my friend you are so wrong. It must be awesome to be so innocent. 

1 hour ago, Tzg said:

Oh my friend you are so wrong. It must be awesome to be so innocent.

If you imply that I don't know we'll get them later on through paid DLC, well, I'm aware that there's a good chance this will actually happen.

For now I only lament that we have only 5 people to recruit, while the other obvious choices just pack their stuff and go home. Or in case of The Beast, agrees to help you, but doesn't join.

I'd prefer if they chose new people with new quests for DLC characters, not merely unlocking existing ones. That's the lazy option and I don't like it.

It was a close race for me, but I eventually chose Hamous because it would be least unlikely that he'd turn up in Grand Chien. I'd have loved to stumble across him in the middle of nowhere next to the wreck of some vehicle that couldn't possibly have gotten there.

Honourable mention to Madlab's Robot, which would be a fun change of pace but no longer has a niche in JA3 since you can create a mercenary that can tank entire firing lines anyway.

6 hours ago, Claudius33 said:

Ira, because she 'GOT my EARS'.

One of the most versatile recruit, you could either use her as a support merc for training and medical attention only, or transform her into a deadly shooter or even both. She was also a nice guide explaining the ins and outs of Arulco. 

Same!

Ira. Over any other RPC!
If you think of her role in the story and setting, it works so well! A humanitarian, there to help the suffering ones. Even though I've heard her commentary countless times (when entering locations), I always take her along. It's that extra layer of immersion and what helps make every location feel grounded instead of simply another map to play checkers on.

Damn JA2 was/is a special game! How many games have this sort of attention to detail? where a 'recruitable' will comment on locations... Shit, it's crazy to think how much layers of details they came up with when they made this game.

Truly a work of passion to the core.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tzg said:

Manuel, Miguel and Hamous. 

Mike is dead. 

Miguel as well, guess you never played JA2 Unfinished Business.

BTW i voted for Hamous since he was in both JA1 & JA2 so he most definitely deserves a comeback, still hoping he would appear somewhere in the map but guess its just illusion.

I really liked Dynamo back in JA2, the poor suffered prisoner who really wants to revenge Deidranna, you could really feel him from his voice acting and damaged face (it felt realistic to me). he was 1 of the best door openers of the game (perhaps the best with Maddog together), i had him most times in my main team, trained him to be a decent merc and enjoyed in the very final sector of Meduna to kill the queen with him.

Ira was great, she started out completely unexperienced in warfare but with good medic skills, armed only with a revolver and always ended up with my elite squad, fully camouflaged with a Heckler & Koch G11 with all kinds of attachments invading the palace in Meduna. I always did import her picture from Wildfire though, it looked much better than the original one.

The other day I came across some rather unimportant sector in Jagged Alliance 3 and there was a bridge with some old colorful truck parked on it. For a short time, I had the hope Hamous would be there ... he was not. 😅