Which of the absent A.I.M. mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2 do you miss the most and why?

J1v1n

Which of the absent A.I.M. mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2 do you miss the most and why?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the absent A.I.M. mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2 do you miss the most and why?

• Rudy "Lynx-Eyed" Roberts
    • Trevor Colby
    • Dr. Donna "Spider" Houston
    • Dr. Clifford "Cliff" Highball
    • John "Bull" Peters
    • Louisa "Buzz" Garneau
    • Kirk "Static" Stevenson
    • Dr. Daniel "Danny" Quinten
    • Stephen Rothman
    • Jean Pierre "Malice" Viau

Jagged Alliance 3 features a large number of familiar mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2, but still some names haven't appeared yet. Which mercenary would you like to see back in Jagged Alliance 3 at some point? 😎

PS: Since I'm not very far into the game myself, I don't know if you might come across former A.I.M. members in other ways.

• Thanks 1

image.png.f01afb28e09641bbd6ee12bda3edbaac.png

I'm not THAT far into the game, so I also don't know if there are aim mercs I meet along the way (please don't tell me), but I think Stephen would have fit in perfectly, especially with his experience as a "Diamond Mercenary".

Who knows, I would see him in a "story" further down the line (big DLC or expansion), with him working as security consultant for one of the biggest mines of the region. You would have some moral dilemma to sort out, maybe having to make a choice of having him with you at the expense of huge loss of mine income, or keeping him on board with a huge bonus to profit. Something of the sorts.

Stephen and Buns have always been my two most used mercs. Usually have them from day one all the way 'till the end. Very cheap wages, high wisdom, extremely reliable shooters. All around useful at other tasks as well. Also, not too "cartoony", more serious and down to earth.

I voted for Danny because I enjoyed playing him in JA2, he was kind of a perfect mid range merc with tremendous improvement capacity. He was handsome, skilled doctor and ambidextrous fighter, high agi and wis, and had a nice voice.

However, I guess Malice would have been a good cast in Grand Chien. With his french canadian "french" and temper, he could have had hilarious dialogues and comments.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Grim said:

I voted for Danny because I enjoyed playing him in JA2, he was kind of a perfect mid range merc with tremendous improvement capacity. He was handsome, skilled doctor and ambidextrous fighter, high agi and wis, and had a nice voice.

However, I guess Malice would have been a good cast in Grand Chien. With his french canadian "french" and temper, he could have had hilarious dialogues and comments.

Yes, especially that so many characters speak a "french" in the game. 🤣
Would have loved his "opinion" on their French..

• Haha 1

Trevor, because he's an Aussie. And he's the only other merc with this combination of good stats for: Wisdom, Marksmanship, Mechanical & Explosives. Then all you need is to max out your IMP with Health, Agility, Leadership, Marksmanship and 30 Medical. 

The only other merc with Trevor's combination of stats or better, is good ol Gus Tarballs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nick said:

Trevor, because he's an Aussie. And he's the only other merc with this combination of good stats for: Wisdom, Marksmanship, Mechanical & Explosives. Then all you need is to max out your IMP with Health, Agility, Leadership, Marksmanship and 30 Medical. 

The only other merc with Trevor's combination of stats or better, is good ol Gus Tarballs. 

Yeah I always liked Trevor in my team. He was jack of all trades. Also often choice was Buzz, liked her dialogs and psycho character.

Although I miss all the characters. They all were charming.

To be honest i dont miss any remaining AIM merc back from JA2, instead i would be more happy if they could design the mercs better overall. I found the new mercs, especially Livewire too cartoony (her look and voice really goes into my nerves, would prefered Buzz instead) and Kalyna is not really suiting to Jagged Alliance either imo so instead i would be happier to see Bull or Malice (as he is French, would suit to Grand Chien).

Who i would like to see again hmmmm Hector Alvarez from JA1 or Hamous (since he was in JA1 & JA2) or Brain from Wildfire (was 1 of my favourites in Wildfire, best door and crate opener ever) would be good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoboNocturno said:

To be honest i dont miss any remaining AIM merc back from JA2, instead i would be more happy if they could design the mercs better overall. I found the new mercs, especially Livewire too cartoony (her look and voice really goes into my nerves, would prefered Buzz instead) and Kalyna is not really suiting to Jagged Alliance either imo so instead i would be happier to see Bull or Malice (as he is French, would suit to Grand Chien).

Who i would like to see again hmmmm Hector Alvarez from JA1 or Hamous (since he was in JA1 & JA2) or Brain from Wildfire (was 1 of my favourites in Wildfire, best door and crate opener ever) would be good.

Wildfire characters are not JA characters 🤭
I love the characters in 3 - the grotesque cartoonish colourful mad kind like Kick Ass characters is exactly how they always were and supposed to be - this time finally (due to progress in tech) are executed perfectly. 

as for who I miss would be probably Buzz as I would sometimes get her in the beginning. 

I miss Trevor and Stephen. Trevor from a character perspective, because he's fun to have around, and stephen because he's a top tier merc (and a genius) for a low tier price. Plus he was BFFs with my favorite merc, Meltdown.

Having expanded the roster of people I hired recently, some of the mercs are really unfortunate in their new interpretations...

I knew they would be flanderized, but when did Grunty become a distant relative of Dr. Doofenshmirtz?

I'm starting to have doubts about roster expansions, some people are better left untouched by time. Plus the only person I'd really want is Flo from M.E.R.C. but she can't really appear as a recruitable with the way the plot is set up.

Edited by Jaywalker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BossWeapons said:

Funny that, I always had him in JA1, but I completely forgot he even existed by the time of JA2.

I often had him in my JA2 second team that was making repairs, training militia and logistics. I liked his voice. He had this vibe like a bad guy straight from 80/90's action movies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tzg said:

I love the characters in 3 - the grotesque cartoonish colourful mad kind like Kick Ass characters is exactly how they always were and supposed to be - this time finally (due to progress in tech) are executed perfectly. 

as for who I miss would be probably Buzz as I would sometimes get her in the beginning. 

Of course they are even if it was a mod but a damn official 1.

I totally disagree, they went too much to Fortnite direction in JA3 (Mercs & NPCs design & voice acting) but we have to live with it (may with proper modding we can bring back the seriousness), (always were?) back in JA2 you had seriousness in the characters, more with a dark humour.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tzg said:

Huh... What?

So you're saying that JA1 and JA2, with all their lines and speech, got it wrong?

Wow!

10 minutes ago, GODSPEED said:

Huh... What?

So you're saying that JA1 and JA2, with all their lines and speech, got it wrong?

Wow!

No that's not what I am saying. Of course you can misinterpret what I am saying any way you want - that's your right. 

What I am saying is - that finally character look matches the lines of speech etc. in JA1 and JA2 it was essentially 2 models (with some small variations for some npc) with different colours. 

2 hours ago, Saw said:

Not a merc, but I do miss the "Eliot, you iiiidiot *slap slap slap*"

There is a "... you iiidiot" scene with a very similar emphasis on the first syllable, but no slap... I suspect this is a reference to JA2 but they left the slap out to be subtle about it  🙂

• Like 1

So it seems Buzz, Lynx, and Trevor are making the race.
I would love for Haemimont to throw a DLC at us just with a few more mercenaries from Jagged Alliance 2 or even some from Jagged Alliance 1.

Hell, I would even like to see a few of the RPCs coming back like Manuel from Unfinished Business, Hamous with his ice cream truck, or give me Mike the elite mercenary who fought for the other side and had to be recruited for 10,000 $ a day! 😝