Must have Perks?

StoProGratis

With the info provided, you probably want to work your through Dexterity, and grab Opportunist, Reactive, Ambusher, Kill Zone, Assassin. This optimizes your stealth kill potential while focusing on the LMG.

You'll be prone a lot, so Hit the Deck is a good pickup, at which point you might as well get Revenge and Vanguard, with the final perk going  to Fast Runner or Distracting.

• Thanks 1

For MG user, you want to go with Dexterity based reaction fire builds, someone like Meltdown will work great, but by far the best person to give an MG to is Raven.

Your only real concern is the trio of Opportunistic Killer, Fire Routine and Killzone.

Your absolute priority for a Sniper is Deadeye, and if you have the Dexterity for it either Sharpshooter or Assassination (or both, if you can't access anything else from the 90+), you will be forced to pick up a stealth or an overwatch perk along the way, so it might be better to go with the stealth one.
Wisdom perks are great on snipers, though your selection here is locked based on what you can access: Distracting Shot and Inspiring Strike are high priority.
Arterial Shot and Trick Shot is a low priority, since you'll mostly be killing targets instead of disabling them.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, StoProGratis said:

Nope, just curious how other people make their IMP's.

@Jaywalker thank you for a lot info. How you made your IMP? Sniper, MG or some other?

My IMPs tend to be CQC, all the way back to JA2, I always preferred SMG's and Shotguns. But the builds are universal to some extent. Current one I run is an SMG Grenadier.

There is a nice Russian Steam guide describing the whole squad: which perks to take, which weapon to use etc. IMP character is a melee guy and I follow that guide except I maxed leadership for travel speed, my IMP has marksmanship 30 so he is pure melee, it was hilarious to see CtH when trying to shoot with pistol at adjacent enemy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2023 at 2:22 PM, Skaldy said:

i am experimenting with this at the moment

le merc.png

Might I suggest maxing out Wisdow? This has always been the prime strategy in JA2 because it means your merc will level up stats faster. Since you'll likely spend the entire game with your IMP merc, this is a very good long-term investment.

On 7/26/2023 at 8:40 AM, sandman25dcsss said:

There is a nice Russian Steam guide describing the whole squad: which perks to take, which weapon to use etc. IMP character is a melee guy and I follow that guide except I maxed leadership for travel speed, my IMP has marksmanship 30 so he is pure melee, it was hilarious to see CtH when trying to shoot with pistol at adjacent enemy.

Do i get this right, melee doesn't need markmanship?

I would also suggest to everyone to lower strength on IMP builds, unless you going for melee imp or strength based perks you can easily train it. Most of mercs are in 80+ range so you will have very reasonable gains and you do not need to gain much.

I like to assign not more then 60 and train rest whenever I can. Sometimes I run with 50 to be just notch above my weakest merc.

That 20-30 attribute points can make huge difference.