Operations + Time starts "automatically"

greenFox

In JA2 it's possible to assign mercs to travel to locations / trains militia etc - and THEN hit the "Play" button (green circle) for the time to start. However, I noticed in JA3 when you assign a team to travel or assign them to do operations and click "Close" the timer starts automatically, which I find really annoying. You cannot coordinate precisely and always "waste" a few minutes/hours if you don't notice it.

I am new to JA3 and I was wondering if I am doing something wrong, is there a hotkey to prevent this?
Help is appreciated!

image.thumb.png.b384ec2964684a9fb4958c20ab4901ea.png

image.png

• Like 1

I wonder why they thought it would be a good idea to enable auto start by default, as it seems more of an expert/efficiency option than something to aid new players.  I also wonder if there any players who deliberately choose to play with auto start enabled?

10 minutes ago, D13 said:

I wonder why they thought it would be a good idea to enable auto start by default?

Because for most players, you will play this like an RPG and only have one squad, and on top of that it's part of the tutorial on the passage of time that it starts when there is a reason for it to happen (anyone does anything).

It's annoying for the 30 seconds it takes a person with above room temperature IQ to turn it off, and those of us below that will not have a problem most of the time.

2 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

image.thumb.png.0b7ec6d0de2192815fbef013f0921b6f.png

5 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

You can disable automatic start in options

OMG, that's perfect thank you so much! I can finally strategize like back in JA2 - good ol' times! 😄

• Haha 2

I did - but not everything makes immediate sense to me. For example, I also didn't quite understand the concept of "Overwatch" until I tried it out. To be fair - I could have watched more tutorials etc. but after waiting 24 years from JA2 to JA3 - let's just say I had no more patience 🙃

1 hour ago, J1v1n said:

Don't you guys go through the settings before you start your games? 😝

• Like 1