Should Russian flag of mercs get replaced with Ukrainian flag?

2 hours ago, Image Miroir said:

Considering the Russian agression of Ukraine, should Russian nationality be replaced by Ukrainian nationality. It doesn't require much change: one flag and a few lines of background.

It's very symbolic but many things start to change with a symbol.

Touchy subject methinks lol

1 hour ago, Image Miroir said:

For sure it wasn't to please Russians, just to underline we know what they do, and don't support it. It's up to them what they decide with their country.

"They"?
Did you just group together an entire country, from the lowest civilian with no power to Putin?

And act like we have to target and attack ALL russians?
Brother man, you're super close to unironic racism.

5 minutes ago, Godzilla said:

And act like we have to target and attack ALL russians?
Brother man, you're super close to unironic racism.

Up to now I believed Eliott was a creation from JA2 and not a real person. I'm so happy to meet you Eliott...

Don't worry, I'm not Deidranna...

2 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

Up to now I believed Eliott was a creation from JA2 and not a real person. I'm so happy to meet you Eliott...

Don't worry, I'm not Deidranna...

Wow you almost came close to sending me a death threat there.

Hey, Image, why be scared. You know what you wanted to say so just say it. 😉 or are you scared of somebody or something? 😊

Edited by Godzilla

Надеюсь, когда Image говоришь, что русские и украинцы разные, то ты не собираешься брать кровь на анализ и мерить черепа? Физиологически люди на всей планете практически одинаковы, очень разные мы из-за индивидуальной изменчивости мозга и так может быть, что два человека с разных концов мира очень быстро друг друга поймут, а два родных брата никогда 8( Но это не относится к национальностям, нациям и расам. Если ты имеешь в виду под украинцами людей с конкретными политическими убеждениями, то не подписывай под это всю Украину, многие понимают что происходит. И с Западом мы всегда били друг другу морды и дальше будем бить, как то странно было бы просто сдавать позиции таким сильным бойцам. Разборки в частности происходят и на приграничных территориях. А если начнём исключать флаги, то придётся исключить всех, а потом ещё что-нибудь в угоду политическим убеждениям, и ещё что-нибудь ...  И это уже будет на JA

Edited by Evgen
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, DougS2K said:

I get the sentiment and fuck Russia for what it's doing in Ukraine, however I don't think we need the politics of this in a video game.

The Western World showing and making too much propaganda like Russians are the bad guys, am totally against it, like the Western World are the angels which in reality they are the biggest war criminals since years. But lets stop this topic in here.

• Like 1

The thing I love most in JA dialogues is the fact that they are blissfully non-PC. And that (that, and gratituous violence), I think, is the essence of that 90s B-movie action flicks vibe that a true JA successor needs to capture.

7 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

Very simple answer : Capital NO!

You better dont make Ivan angry. 😉

Good response.

Ukraine is a proxy war for the west. Putin is not totally clean, but this doesnt make Ukraine or western powers not the problem. Sometimes both sides are the bad guy. And sometimes one bad guy is right, or one bad guy is bigger and causes more problems than the other bad guy.

7 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

The Western World showing and making too much propaganda like Russians are the bad guys, am totally against it, like the Western World are the angels which in reality they are the biggest war criminals since years. But lets stop this topic in here.

Well Putin may be a bad guy, thats not the question.

The question is whose side and interests does US and Ukraine represent. We are told about anytime a russian soldier commits a war crime, but we arent told that ukraine has made it illegal to be pro russia in Ukraine or that Zelensky dissolved parliament after being elected (a very democratic move to be sure).

6 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

Very simple answer : Capital NO!

Then you chose your side.

You better dont make Ivan angry. 😉

Should we be that afraid of a paper tiger?

The Western World showing and making too much propaganda like Russians are the bad guys, am totally against it, like the Western World are the angels which in reality they are the biggest war criminals since years.

Bombing Kiev is not propaganda, it's an act of war. Bucha is not propaganda, it's a war crime. That we can discuss this is the proof the West is in the best side, as I can speak freely. If you're living in Russia you can't even say half I wrote. If for you it's not a problem, it means you already surrendered and submit.

In a discussion Gorbatchev said once to a diplomat Russians are submissive and he you tell them tomorrow you'll have to come back to hanged, the only question they'll ask you is if they have to bring the rope...

Is it the model you want for yourself?

Just now, Image Miroir said:

Bombing Kiev is not propaganda, it's an act of war. Bucha is not propaganda, it's a war crime. That we can discuss this is the proof the West is in the best side, as I can speak freely. If you're living in Russia you can't even say half I wrote. If for you it's not a problem, it means you already surrendered and submit.

In a discussion Gorbatchev said once to a diplomat Russians are submissive and he you tell them tomorrow you'll have to come back to hanged, the only question they'll ask you is if they have to bring the rope...

Youre focused on how the war is conducted not why its conducted.

Are you telling me that if Russia conducted it perfectly you'd support it wholeheartedly?

And again, Ukraine has violated just as many rights as Russia had if not more. Why is it easier to be anti Putin in Russia than it is to be anti Zelensky pro Russia or anti Ukraine in Ukraine?
You're being controlled my man. Intentionally whipped up into a frenzy so you stop asking questions and seeing clearly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Image Miroir said:

Dont make me count the disgusting acts of the Western World, cause its countless. Better to leave the topic where it is alright.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LoboNocturno said:

Dont make me count the disgusting acts of the Western World, cause its countless. Better to leave the topic where it is alright.

Mariupol is completely destroyed, Russian army targets civilians more than militaries. All countries who were under the Russian sphere of influence have very bad feeling about them. It's easy to say Western world was worse without any argue.

4 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Youre focused on how the war is conducted not why its conducted.

It's just a territorial annexion, Russia stole Crimea, then wanted to take all Ukraine to control Black Sea.

And again, Ukraine has violated just as many rights as Russia had if not more.

Ukraine wasn't invading any country. Russia invaded Ukraine over 3 major axes, they to take control of a whole country. Chechenya, Georgia, Bulgaria and then Ukraine. Russia negates people's right, the proof you can't even say Russia is at war without risking being fined or worse.

Why is it easier to be anti Putin in Russia than it is to be anti Zelensky pro Russia or anti Ukraine in Ukraine?

You heard about that young girl who was making a drawing against the war? Her father ended up being arrested... for a his child daughter's drawing!

4 hours ago, Osti Pes said:

Уважаемый Image Miroir Вы пришли поговорить о политике??? Тогда вы ошиблись форумом)) Здесь про игру обсуждают.

Osti you should ask yourself why video games were invented in the western world and not Russia. Had Soviet Union not collapse and you would never ever had heard about Jagged Alliance. Video games, movies, internet, series, modern music, you would have nothing if Soviet Union was still existing.

So, you see @Osti Pes politics is not dissociated from Jagged Alliance, because politics is to define the society you want, the rights you want. Entertainment is part of it. Replacing Russian flag by Ukrainian flag is defending a society model were you decide for yourself. That decision could be playing Jagged Alliance, or whatever. There's no insignificant opposition.

22 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

Mariupol is completely destroyed, Russian army targets civilians more than militaries. All countries who were under the Russian sphere of influence have very bad feeling about them. It's easy to say Western world was worse without any argue.

It's just a territorial annexion, Russia stole Crimea, then wanted to take all Ukraine to control Black Sea.

Ukraine wasn't invading any country. Russia invaded Ukraine over 3 major axes, they to take control of a whole country. Chechenya, Georgia, Bulgaria and then Ukraine. Russia negates people's right, the proof you can't even say Russia is at war without risking being fined or worse.

You heard about that young girl who was making a drawing against the war? Her father ended up being arrested... for a his child daughter's drawing!

Osti you should ask yourself why video games were invented in the western world and not Russia. Had Soviet Union not collapse and you would never ever had heard about Jagged Alliance. Video games, movies, internet, series, modern music, you would have nothing if Soviet Union was still existing.

So, you see @Osti Pes politics is not dissociated from Jagged Alliance, because politics is to define the society you want, the rights you want. Entertainment is part of it. Replacing Russian flag by Ukrainian flag is defending a society model were you decide for yourself. That decision could be playing Jagged Alliance, or whatever. There's no insignificant opposition.

If its not disassociated from JA why not change ukranian flag to Russian and add to Ivans bio that he partook in the glorious liberation of Ukraine from nazi elements?
You expect the politicization of media to go one way...what happens when it doesn't?

Your argument made no sense. You are emotional and controlled by propaganda designed to make you emotionsl.

Go watch some more videos on tik tok about how "some daughters father was arrested" so you never have to ask why Zelenskyy dissolved parliament on his first day as president or if Ukraine isnt a textbook example of a proxy war. (And other information on color revolutions, arab spring, obama doctrine, and how the US has been doing a variety of underhanded things to spread its influence all the while talking about love and peace and democracy and other lies and slogans for the stupid)

This has nothing to do with ukraine or ukranians. Ukraine is just another territory in a fight for influence between the US and anybody who threatens them. American Imperialism is a term go look it up.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Godzilla said:

You expect the politicization of media to go one way...what happens when it doesn't?

Western media industry can survive without Russia, what about the opposite? Jagged Alliance didn't need Russia to be invented and to exist. How many Russian video games are references? And it's the same for all industries. What do Russia export except misery?

5 hours ago, Godzilla said:

Go watch some more videos on tik tok about how "some daughters father was arrested" so you never have to ask why Zelenskyy dissolved parliament on his first day as president or if Ukraine isnt a textbook example of a proxy war.

I don't watch TikTok, but look around you, look inside you. Which freedom do you have in Russia? People can't even use the words "war in Ukraine" without risking a fine. It's not TikTok telling people which words they've the right to use.

About Zelenskyy dissolving the parliament, I don't know Ukrainian constitution but in many democratic countries the president has the right to do so.

Concerning proxy war, I observe Russia has problem with most of its neighbors. Not a single European country who was part of the Warsaw Pact wants to be under Russian influence anymore.

6 hours ago, Godzilla said:

You are emotional and controlled by propaganda designed to make you emotionsl.

I'm not taking my informations from Vladimir Solovev nor Margarita Simonian, they have dangerous speech but I don't personally consider them official. I'm rather listening to Vladimir Putin, Vyacheslav Volodin, Dmitry Medvedev, Piotr Tolstoi; so only official voices from Russia... If you want emotional influenced propaganda go check for the Twitter wall of former Russian prime minister and president Dmitry Medvedev, in most developed countries the guy would be in psychiatric hospital. He's offering to nuke western countries every two days or so. I'm saying what people say he said, I'm speaking about what he's directly writing on his personal Twitter account. Go and check! From my point of view the guy needs help and can't assume being now a wireless puppet.

6 hours ago, Godzilla said:

This has nothing to do with ukraine or ukranians. Ukraine is just another territory in a fight for influence between the US and anybody who threatens them. American Imperialism is a term go look it up.

Listen to Vladimir Putin's speech and you'll hear imperialism, listen to him explaining Ukraine doesn't exist...

And considering "American Imperialism", without it Jagged Alliance would never exist. Gaming industry, concept art, digital media, modern music, action movies... they are ALL emanations from "American Imperialism". What Soviet world had to offer to the world was shit, and even now with some oil and gold cover over it, it's still shit. And it's why Russia will loose, because its imperialism tastes shit.

Ну парни, сами видите, с кем приходится иметь дело 😆

Ждём настоящего JA, без таких вот соплей 😉

Edited by Evgen
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Image Miroir said:

Western media industry can survive without Russia, what about the opposite? Jagged Alliance didn't need Russia to be invented and to exist. How many Russian video games are references? And it's the same for all industries. What do Russia export except misery?

I don't watch TikTok, but look around you, look inside you. Which freedom do you have in Russia? People can't even use the words "war in Ukraine" without risking a fine. It's not TikTok telling people which words they've the right to use.

About Zelenskyy dissolving the parliament, I don't know Ukrainian constitution but in many democratic countries the president has the right to do so.

Concerning proxy war, I observe Russia has problem with most of its neighbors. Not a single European country who was part of the Warsaw Pact wants to be under Russian influence anymore.

I'm not taking my informations from Vladimir Solovev nor Margarita Simonian, they have dangerous speech but I don't personally consider them official. I'm rather listening to Vladimir Putin, Vyacheslav Volodin, Dmitry Medvedev, Piotr Tolstoi; so only official voices from Russia... If you want emotional influenced propaganda go check for the Twitter wall of former Russian prime minister and president Dmitry Medvedev, in most developed countries the guy would be in psychiatric hospital. He's offering to nuke western countries every two days or so. I'm saying what people say he said, I'm speaking about what he's directly writing on his personal Twitter account. Go and check! From my point of view the guy needs help and can't assume being now a wireless puppet.

Listen to Vladimir Putin's speech and you'll hear imperialism, listen to him explaining Ukraine doesn't exist...

And considering "American Imperialism", without it Jagged Alliance would never exist. Gaming industry, concept art, digital media, modern music, action movies... they are ALL emanations from "American Imperialism". What Soviet world had to offer to the world was shit, and even now with some oil and gold cover over it, it's still shit. And it's why Russia will loose, because its imperialism tastes shit.

Many different directions I can go with this but suffice it to say that anything I say to you you respond with whataboutism "but Putin", do you understand that there are two sides at war here, the US and Russia. Youshould consider who you defend before attacking the eastern side like your media told you to.

You may find that they are much worse people than you think.

Edited by Godzilla
  • Like 1