Turn OFF new glow filter

Lunokhod

Do u like new filter/colors?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do u like new filter/colors?

I remember that I and some other guys said before that "game is too colorful". I change my mind. Please remove(make it optional) this white-glow filter from the game. Its fine in OAK, but i want back this old sexy in-game colors so hard. Please dont fail the game... 😢

ja3filter.png

• Like 2

Could it be affected by weather?

Left side looks like blue sky, direct sunlight (colorful and well-defined shadows), and right side looks like overcast with white clouds (diffuse light, softer shadows, less intense color)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, D13 said:

Could it be affected by weather?

No, no, no, Bro. They add some white filter. Not only this sector, all of them. Actually i think game lost half of charm cos of that. I want closed beta colors back so badly...

Boian... Please... 😢😢😢

Mr THQ Nordic!!! Please do something! 🤕

Im sorry Haemimont and THQ for all negative before. Please dont touch colors of this game. U did everything right in this direction. Please dont ruin the game in last month. Take a look again at closed beta! Its beautiful!!! Dont touch colors!!! This beautiful colors dont need any cheap filters. People will love this colorful style. 100%! Its a feature of your game.

• 2 weeks later...

Again u didnt hear me. Check another last trailer. Why u screwed up colors? Can somebody from dev team answer my question? Its not just video effect for trailer, its in the game. Why? Everything was fine in closed beta... What is wrong with contrast now? Why u doing this?

They're turning the game into a YMCA gettogether with all these clownesque Mercs (RIP Gaylord Shadow, Plastic Fantastic Housewife Raven, Frankensteined Ivan, Mime player Igor, Tapdancer Magic, Hitman the fat Turk and all others) and you are complaining about some color scheme that you can alter ingame...

*Sigh*

6 minutes ago, ShadowMagic said:

Plastic Fantastic Housewife Raven

Change her hair color was bad idea. Blonde was better.

Btw how u guys make such mistakes in trailer like Fauda flag? Jesus Christ... Do u have some kind of check before posting?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ShadowMagic said:

Mime player Igor

He is not a mime. Its actually Russian military outfits(airborne forces). They even have their own holiday in Russia, every year this losers get together to drink vodka and bathe in fountains. So annoying...

vdv.png

You were right @Lunokhod , it's not the weather. In the scene with Steroid there is sunshine with hard shadows but the surrounding foliage is still not as green as it used to be.

image.thumb.png.5b81395c605574dfd257ed433fd88efa.png

But there is still hope! MD is wearing an armband with the prohibited RED cross, meaning this is not the final version.

4 minutes ago, D13 said:

But there is still hope! MD is wearing an armband with the prohibited RED cross, meaning this is not the final version.

Btw about RED cross. Can u devs at least upload old MD and Fox models to Steam workshop or something? So we can just download them if we want? Is it possible? I love this old models, they looks cool. 🤕

Hi, I have signed in just for LOL!ShadowMagic you have made my day. I have been waiting for this game for more than 20years and now it looks promising. Playing YMCA with weapons will also be fun for me, but playing JA2 with serious mercs who involuntarily become funny would be even more fun. In real life there is clownshow everywhere at the moment, so who wants a game with clownshow. There should be an option for displaying the equipped (dressed) mercs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

He is not a mime. Its actually Russian military outfits(airborne forces). They even have their own holiday in Russia, every year this losers get together to drink vodka and bathe in fountains. So annoying...

vdv.png

These airborne forces will win every battle, because their enemies wont stop laughing.

Probably toned down colors in order for people with potato PC's to be able to play the game without them frying it.

Environments kinda look like the first Commando games (B.E.L.) now. Pretty dull. And the environments happened to be the only thing they did pretty well in this game.. I expect them to crank it up a little else there is absolutely no future at all.

12 minutes ago, ShadowMagic said:

Probably toned down colors in order for people with potato PC's to be able to play the game without them frying it.

I dont think color contrast affect performance. Actually i completely dont understant wtf they are doing. Mb its because ppl from this forum whine about "too colorful game". But all of them(me too) dont mean in-game contrast. We want game more serious by that.

Hope they turn back closed beta colors, cos last 2 trailers looks dull. And this is bad.

I feel you man. Like i said before, for some reason they made some very bad choices that determine the end result. They had more than a year to rework the characters to a more serious tone for example, but still hang on to these goofy figures. Same with the colors now. 

It's the art-work in general that really is a let down and lowered my general expectations. Makes me wonder who is in charge there. Did he ever played the original games or is it all just a marketing trick just like 'having Ian aboard as a consultant' because if you ask me, he did a pretty bad job or had no saying at all.

Edited by ShadowMagic
  • Thanks 1

Why the F do we want vibrant colours? What is this a box of unicorns or some crap like that?

When's the last time you watched a movie that dealt with the theme of war that had a vibrant and colourful colour palette? There is a reason muted tones are best for this style of game. They provide a very subconscious way of feeding subtle information to your brain, affecting your mood and the tone of the story.

The last thing I want is to play a game about mercenaries and war, and then get the feeling I'm playing DOTA 2.

I never once played Jagged Alliance 2 and felt "oh my, this is drab".. because THAT is the point. War, killing and such should be grim, bleak and pretty depressing.

Edited by GODSPEED
Typo

I have to agree with the preference of slightly muted colours. Like I mentioned earlier, Haemimont did say in one of their videos that they first went with muted colours and then went for African vibrancy. Maybe they reversed their decision or decided to tone it down somewhat. Yes, Africa is full of colour but I am glad that they haven't gone with the kind of palette you see on some online hero multiplayer shooter, such as Fortnite or Overwatch.

Edited by Solaris_Wave