Patch & Dev Stream Today 17:00 CEST

Attempt

Yes, I can access the tweet on some devices but not on others. Anyway:

Patch 1.1.0 drops later today with new features, fixes and you guessed it - Modding tools.

Join us at 18:00 (GMT+3 = in 3h from now) when we'll talk about what's new in 1.1.0 and making mods.

See you there!

• Like 1

Patch notes: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1084160/view/3645154111876890482

Patch 1.1.0 Released – Modding Tools
Hello everyone,
In this patch we are releasing the first stage of our modding support (more details below). The second stage of the modding tools (map and campaign editors) is still in the works and will arrive in a later update.

We have added new popular request features like Active pause and Photo mode. Patch 1.1.0 also includes gameplay tweaks as well as many fixes to mechanics, quests and content.

Highlights

- Modding Tools – you can access the modding tools from the Main Menu -> Mod Manager -> Mod Editor button. This batch of modding tools allow you to modify the mechanics of the game, create new mercs, IMP characters, weapons, UI, localization and even voiceovers for new languages. You can import assets you have created via our Blender exporter. These include new character models, new weapons, and new game assets.

The documentation will automatically open when you enter the Mod Editor.

- Sample Mods – we have prepared a series of sample mods (available on Steam Workshop) to demonstrate our modding tools. These include:
o a new AIM merc character with new voice lines
o a new weapon (the M1A1 Thompson) using a new caliber the .45 ACP
o a new operation – Scrounge (spend time looking for items)
o a new IMP character – new appearance – Grey Suit
There is additional information about the sample mods in the documentation.
- Photo Mode – found in the in-game menu. Photo mode offers free camera, a variety of sliders to tweak the picture, and options to hide or show the game UI.

- Active Pause – you can now pause time while exploring tactical maps in real time. This will allow you to better plan your actions and manage stealth approaches without worrying about quick reflexes. By default, tactical pause is set to the Spacebar key on the keyboard. (Community Suggestion)

NOTE
: It is impossible to execute multiple attacks at the same time. Any attack will un-pause the game.

- Weapon Shipments – enemies can now send weapons shipments (similar to diamond shipments) that contain weapons, ammo, meds, and parts. Intercept them to gain some extra resources and items. (Community Suggestion).

- Satellite travel speed balancing – Changed the way Leadership affects travel time, resulting in Leadership having less of an impact (Community Suggestion)

- Better initiation of combat start – Reduced the dead time before a battle starts when a merc is detected and added additional notification about ongoing attacks
Gameplay
- Melee attacks AP cost with movement now present the correct AP action cost in the UI
- Fixed a case where mercs without Free Move (due to cumbersome equipment) were able to unlock doors for free using Free Move
- Fixed wrong AP calculations for melee attack related to stairs
- Fixed a number of issues with switching stances and sneaking while moving the mercs around the sector at the same time
- All mercs in a squad can be ordered to move together in real-time exploration by holding down Shift when issuing a move order (Community Suggestion)
- Mercs can now be ordered to walk instead of run while in real-time exploration by holding down Ctrl+Shift when issuing a move order (Community Suggestion)
- Exploding cars and similar objects now have a higher threshold to be set on fire (Community Suggestion)
- The “Explosive Kills” combat task now counts more types of explosions
- Fixed a problem with Refilling meds on some First Aid kits
- Decreased and limited Loyalty gains from trading diamonds
- Allowed combining of items between inventory and the loot containers/sector stash
- Changed how Overwatch interrupts work when affecting units that are leaving cover
- Revolvers now get reduced penalty when targeting body parts like handguns (Community suggestion)
- Hiring, firing, and mercs dying will now cause mercs to reevaluate their hiring conditions
- Weapon reliability effect on Condition is now applied properly when failing a modification
- Units can be interrupted while climbing stairs

UI

- Movement range is properly displayed when stance changes are involved
- Hovering over a timeline event will now show the sector it is related to (Community Suggestion)
- UI tweaks for timelines task rollovers
- Fixed an issue where the level up icons appear behind other icons when hovering over a squad in SatView
- Fixes to widescreen in the PDA
- Adjusted the volume of some UI sound effects
- Fixed squad management in tactical view displaying the wrong stat information sometimes Single valuable items no longer have the Cash stack option in inventory and only the Cash item option
- Sector arrival port selection will no longer appear for dismissed mercs
- Fixed the item combination popup showing the wrong required stat in some cases

Operations

- The Repair operations now allows adding items from all squads and the sector stash (Community Suggestion)
- Various fixes to Hospital Treatment activities
- Fixed an issue where the Treat Wounds operation icon disappears before the operation is finished
- Fixed an issue where the Repair items operation icon remains when the operation is interrupted due to lack of parts
- Fixed an issue where removing, adding, and changing Mercs performing an operation caused the operation icon to disappear from the timeline

Mercs & Perks

- Disabled retaliation perks for attacks made from stealth (Community Suggestion)
- Fixed Wolf’s talent not properly updating the duration of training activities
- the +15% crit chance in Vicky’s talent is now properly displayed in the Weapon Rollover
- The “Designer Explosives” and “Natural Healing” will add the produced items in the Sector Stash if the inventory is full. If the items are produced while traveling, the production will be postponed until arriving.
- Fixed an issue where starting combat with Fox firing two pistols sometimes ignored the “Striking Looks” talent
- Fixed an issue where using “Steroid Smash” resulted in Steroid falling through the floor or going through walls
- Fixed the “Claustrophobic” and “Zoophobic” perks where the Morale decrease persisted even after leaving the area (Community Suggestion)
- Fix for Flay's trophy acquired from killing Bonecrusher not stacking with his other trophies
Achievements
- Fixed an issue with tracking progress for the “Overwatchmen” achievement
- The “Hot Diamonds” achievement now also activates when you cash in the diamond shipment directly from the loot container
- “True Crit” achievement now unlocks as intended
- The “Martial Artiste” achievement no longer fails by throwing a knife
Quests (Spoilers)
- Fixed several sectors incorrectly remaining in conflict state
- Fixed an issue where auto-resolving would leave fake conflicts that caused some quests to not function properly
- Fixed several bugs with enemies not initiating conflicts correctly
- Fixed some issues with the ending cut scene not recognizing certain outcomes properly or playing two versions of the same event
- Fixed some cases in which the Middle of Nowhere quest could not be completed
- Fixed an issue with Faucheux escaping and then appearing again after the battle
- Fixed an issue where Heinrich's Golden Watch task can be completed without picking up the watch
- Destroyed interactables (such as the 12 chairs) will no longer show quest icons
- The Siege quest will update properly if you leave the area without talking to Biff
- Fixed some cases where the Beast did not leave the map and you could not talk to her
- Maman will say her intended dialogue lines when Mollie has been returned and when Chimurenga dies
- Fixed a bug that caused Chimurenga to get stuck if his squad is defeated with auto-resolve
- Fixed Fosse Noire mine not icon not changing when Chimurenga recaptures it
- Savegame fix for the remaining missing Chimurenga cases
- Fixed several notes in the Pierre quest line
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to talk to Pierre and free him while the guards are still present
- Fixed some quest items not dropping if their container is destroyed (12 chairs, Heinrich’s watch)
- Lalee won’t comment on Smiley if Smiley is already dead
- Various fixes to the Grimer Hamlet quest
- Fixed an issue that caused the prisoners in the The Good Place to be considered freed regardless of whether they are alive or not
- Various fixes to quest notes (Helping Ernie Village, Karen, Faith Healing, Bastien, Landsback)
- Fixed the Major's portrait missing in some banters
- Fix for an issue where Boss Blaubert was invulnerable during the fight with Smiley
- Minor changes in the Chalet De La Paix quest scripting
- Fixed an XP exploit in a conversation with Emma
- Fixed a case where Bella was considered killed when only her lovers were killed
-

General

- Tweaked the duration on screen of floating texts slightly to accommodate non-English languages
- Fixed being unable to deploy mercs when pressing the Free Aim shortcut
- Fixed losing a couple of minutes of merc contract time when renewing an expired contract
- Fixed a case where Auto-Resolve freezes the game
- Fixed cases of enemies teleporting when becoming suspicious
- Fixed an issue with not being able to issue movement orders after retreating
- Fixed an issue where multiple mercs would talk over each other when their contracts are over
- Changes to how emplacement machine gun firing cones are drawn
- Fixed unintentional camera movement after enemies reposition
- Fixed display issues when changing floors
- Fixed a black screen when skipping the Ernie Island cutscene

Co-op

- You can now ping positions on the map to your buddy by pressing Ctrl+Left mouse button (Community suggestion)
- Fixed several cases of co-op interruptions done by the other player
- Co-op Ready/Not Ready button will now change color
- Fix a case where a player is sometimes not able to open notes, browser or character screen in Sat View in co-op

Gamepad

- Significant changes to many gamepad controls
- Added an option to hide gamepad hints
- Changed the Combat log position
- It is now possible to change the stat filter in squad management with gamepad
- Fixed cases of virtual mouse cursor stuttering
- Fixed target cycling with gamepad
- D-pad can also be used when choosing an answer in conversations
- Fixed several issues with interactables being unusable with gamepad
- Fixed players being unable to choose arrival destinations of mercs with gamepad

Texts

- Updated Grunty’s bio to better reflect his perks
- Improved the message for merc salary increases
- Fixed interactions such as lockpicking/breaking a door incorrectly displaying the "Free Move" text
- Several tutorial hints now disappear properly
- Very Low mishap chance text added

• Thanks 1

Might want to hold off on this one for a bit, as the camera autofocus is now erratic, to say the least.

While aiming, it sometimes zooms in on the enemy, which makes sense, but then for the shot itself it focuses on the merc. ONLY on the merc, disregarding the target. I can't even see the target, so I don't know if my shot hit or missed until I hear my merc's comment, or the enemy count decreases... rather anticlimactic. This is not a one-off, I'm seeing it with approximately 2 out of 5 attacks.

I wish I had a video to make it clearer, but this is what my battles look like since the patch:

Buns notices enemy, all good:

image.thumb.png.bc5d88903b357828b017f5675e291f1d.png

Aiming:

image.thumb.png.bc507da31566d3204c3d471251a7618f.png

Firing - enemy off screen:

image.thumb.png.96c18da61a8eaa963d393bff32e65f68.png

Omryn spots enemy:

image.thumb.png.8e79b168e7517855e9b7292490d5ceb7.png

Aims, then fires - enemy off screen:

image.thumb.png.89efb320307c133917b627103831f943.png

With the "targeting action camera" (cinematic camera view) there's now frequently a lot of back and forth. It may use that view while aiming, then for the shot go back to regular tactical camera for a split second, then back to cinematic to watch the bullet fly. If it's a stealth kill, it sometimes changes perspective a fourth time just before impact, this time to the "enemy noticed something" cut scene.

7 minutes ago, greenFox said:

Did anyone notice that Quickload was removed? Is this a bug or intentional? The patchnotes don't mention anything.

Still works for me. I would check the hotkey configuration, maybe it was changed or reset.

But anyway, this patch is quite broken.

In one of my saves I can no longer see any mercs, nor can I open satellite view or the laptop. I can open the inventory once, then all UI elements disappear.

Enemies who were attacking the sector when I made the save are now idling at the edge of the map, behind the red line, not approaching at all. I can see them, but they can't see me. I can even attack them, they don't react. Must have something to do with the new active pause feature, even though I didn't use it.

17 hours ago, D13 said:

In one of my saves I can no longer see any mercs, nor can I open satellite view or the laptop. I can open the inventory once, then all UI elements disappear.

Enemies who were attacking the sector when I made the save are now idling at the edge of the map, behind the red line, not approaching at all. I can see them, but they can't see me. I can even attack them, they don't react. Must have something to do with the new active pause feature, even though I didn't use it.

I have the same issue, except that this is my only save game (iron man like playthrough), an autogenerated sector enter save 😞 Now I cannot continue my campaign since the patch yesterday because I'm stuck in tactical view and:

• Sat View is greyed out
  • my mercs are not visible
  • time is running, i.e. not in deployment phase anymore, which I should be with a sector enter save
  • my not-really-there mercs can attack enemies but combat phase does not start
  • my not-really-there mercs cannot interact with the "retreat to X12" objects

I dunno how to attach a save game file here, but I will happily provide it.

6 hours ago, wilku said:

Do enemies finally get knocked down by explosives? or are they still "terminators"?

I mean, it's very much a Hollywood thing that frag grenades blast people into the air and stuff.  But then this is in a game based on action movie tropes with cars exploding all over, so I'm not sure what they should do.

I'm fine with them now though.

On 8/21/2023 at 6:40 PM, D13 said:

I am having the same problem.  I cannot see anyone (Mercs, Enemies, or NPCs) in the tactical menu.  I've tried reinstalling, but no good. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the offline version, still black screen.  Then I tried the offline installer without patch 1.0b to 1.1 and still black screen.  I've tried starting new games as well.  Still black screen.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  My computer is a HP EliteOne 800 G5 with Intel I9-9900 and no additional graphics card.

17 hours ago, mrflagio said:

I mean, it's very much a Hollywood thing that frag grenades blast people into the air and stuff.  But then this is in a game based on action movie tropes with cars exploding all over, so I'm not sure what they should do.

I'm fine with them now though.

If a car explodes from a single bullet...
Also - ok frag grenades don't throw people into the air, but I highly doubt you'd just stand straight after one explodes next to you. Not to mention HE rockets (RPGs)...