[BUG?] Smoke Grenades Turning Neutral NPC's Hostile

GODSPEED

Just wondering if "Smoke Grenades" (not a tear gas grenade) should turn "Neutral" characters Hostile?

The grenade itself does not impact the character (no hitpoint damage from the landing grenade).

Once smoke fills the area with smoke, the Neutral characters turn hostile.

image.thumb.png.cff204cf64290d018fccea094ddd982d.png

image.thumb.png.1903c9580de4e97962e2471db25b98c7.png

image.thumb.png.9d98370800a827ab0326560edaaacf1d.png

Depends on the type of smoke 😉. But I too think neutrals shouldn’t turn hostile. I mean they just cower down while bullets fly everywhere and a little smoke makes them angry 😤 

Edited by DonBilbo

5 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Is there a warning about the neutral being affected which can turn him hostile? If not, there should be one like we have for friendly fire.

No, the game doesn't warn of such things unfortunately. Look at the second screenshot, no indication that he would become hostile.

• Thanks 1

I think this "slasher" isn't a true neutral. I have only ever seen the term "slasher" for potential enemies.

So I assume that if you throw a smoke grenade at a "villager", he won't go hostile, but all NPCs who can be potential enemies, will turn hostile if attacked in whichever way. 

The gangers are not neutral. They, like the abusers for Maman Liliane's quest, are labeled as potential hostiles. There was another player on these boards that complained how they triggered both the abusers and the legion in Sector D7 (I think).

Try to smoke one of the villagers and see whether they will enter combat or not. My bet is that they will simply run away and remain as neutrals.

25 minutes ago, Melliores said:

The gangers are not neutral. They, like the abusers for Maman Liliane's quest, are labeled as potential hostiles. There was another player on these boards that complained how they triggered both the abusers and the legion in Sector D7 (I think).

Try to smoke one of the villagers and see whether they will enter combat or not. My bet is that they will simply run away and remain as neutrals.

I had an incident once at the "Poacher's Camp" sector, with the Poachers and the Abusers. I attacked the Abusers while they were still neutral because I knew from my a previous encounter that they are tough so I wanted the advantage.

This turned both Abusers and Poachers (the whole map basically) hostile. I had no friendly fire or anything.

I then tried again and talked to the Abusers first, which turned them hostile, but the Poachers stayed neutral.

11 minutes ago, Melliores said:

@username55

Did you by chance hit the ground near one of the Poachers? AI will notice stray bullets and this will have then join combat. Which I think is what happened with the smoke grenade - while the gangers weren't directly attacked, they were triggered by a hostile action nearby.

nope.

just a simple rifle shot on one of the Abuser guys. No one else was hit.