Release Date?

Wigen

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Wigen said:

In my opinion, the year 2022 is the moment when we should receive some new information about the game.

I would really hope so.. it is a little bit too bad that community here has really almost "died" away.. Hopefully 2022 can rectify this and bring us a little more news!

On 1/2/2022 at 12:30 AM, GODSPEED said:

I would really hope so.. it is a little bit too bad that community here has really almost "died" away.. Hopefully 2022 can rectify this and bring us a little more news!

I guess (at least some) people will come back once there is more information about the game. It has been kind of hard to discuss the game since we know so little about it and no new information has been dropped since the game was revealed.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:25 AM, Hendrix said:

I guess (at least some) people will come back once there is more information about the game. It has been kind of hard to discuss the game since we know so little about it and no new information has been dropped since the game was revealed.

Sure I'm anxious for the game, but I'm more interested in something well done. So, I'm very patient. Nonetheless, it seems really odd to have dropped a trailer showcasing some cutscene animation, with some basic gameplay out of absolutely NOWHERE and then dead silence, back to NOWHERE.

Then an official forum... and no one working on the game around the forums. Miscommunication between publisher/developer/marketing team?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

Then an official forum... and no one working on the game around the forums. Miscommunication between publisher/developer/marketing team?

Yeah I do find that a bit strange. Since they chose to show a bit of gameplay in the trailer, I would have thought the publisher/developer/marketing were ready to participate in discussions and get inputs through pools etc. here at the forum.

But just like you I prefer them taking their time and get things right, rather than shipping an unfinished product. Especially when this time there is a big publisher behind the developers, and the developers themselves are an established studio.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2021 at 1:43 PM, GODSPEED said:

PLEASE NO!

Modern gaming is already gone so deep down the drain... we don't need early access crap from a big dev/pub!

Let Haemimont Games make a good polished game and release in a complete and unbroken state.

I have a slightly different opinion on this, and I think the "Early Access" approach may also be helpful for Haemimont Games and THQ Nordic. Baldur's Gate 3 has been doing this very effectively lately, and I can hear it is doing great.

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Wigen said:

I have a slightly different opinion on this, and I think the "Early Access" approach may also be helpful for Haemimont Games and THQ Nordic. Baldur's Gate 3 has been doing this very effectively lately, and I can hear it is doing great.

I find early access to be a two edged sword. There pros aswell as cons. To be successful, a company applying it on a game during development has to have a very clear plan for what information they are interested in gathering and what parts of a game they are able to change thanks to the information + bug fixes ofcourse. Also this information should be shared as a feedback to the players, to make them feel included in the development.

I do not find it very successful when used as a way to get some quick "preorders". However in todays gaming-buisness-climate, we see AAA titels "realeased" as complete messes and the developers shrugging and saying: We'll fix it later, have patience. So IMHO what is early access is kind of a grey area today. I do not blame this completely on the developers, I find it rather to be a problem from gready publishers, pushing developers to wrap up their product as fast as possible.

Another con is negative reviews from people that does not understand what early access is. Early access is a way to play alpha or beta versions of a game. You are basically a tester, paying to test a unfinished product.

This was also a problem "back in the day" when it was more common practice of companies letting people apply to test alpha or beta versions of a game whitout paying for it. Still they were complaints of the existence of bugs.

I do not expect a game to be completely bug free on release, I do expect however to be able to have a solid experience not ruined by abundance of bugs, ctd, stuttering and freezing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Hendrix said:

@Wigen

I do agree whit you that Larian is a good example how earley access should be handled. I should have made that clear in my earlier post.

On 2/7/2022 at 2:24 PM, Wigen said:

Where to start? Humm.. I think I would have to clarify the context within my comment (that I am against EA in this case).

I do support many Early Access projects! I do think this is a great avenue for companies that are not that well established or need help with capital ($) to build a project over a length of time, who may lack the library of other games that support them financially.

I do, however, feel like the bigger companies who have learned to walk on their own two feet should do so.

Baldur's Gate 3 Rant
====================
I will not elaborate too much on Baldur's Gate 3, but I will say that while I am still an immensely devoted fan of Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (currently actually playing through Baldur's Gate 1), I don't really appreciate that Larian has taken the name of a classic - who's story was finalized in Throne of Bhaal - to create a new game (the 3rd in the series, ring any bells?) for what purpose? To capitalize on old fans? Make it seem as though they have deep lineage within the d&d community?

They butchered the gameplay that made Baldur's Gate 1&2 standout, they are nowhere near the level of storytelling/writing and characters. Instead, they simply (and understandably) simply brought their own turn-based mechanics and created a story within the Forgotten Realms, slapped on BALDUR'S GATE and called it a day.

Don't get me wrong, the turn-based mechanics they've built since Divinity Original Sin is incredibly good for computerized version of pen & paper D&D. But, to be honest, BG3 has no ressemblance to BG1&2 other than being set in the Forgotten Realms module. The writing, story, theme and maturity of the old games is quite a level above what Larian are writing.

At some point, they should have acquired enough experience and confidence to be able to write their own stories, create their own worlds without needing input from the community.

Haemimont & Early Access
========================
To be honest, I have for more respect for Haemimont Games to be working on the game without asking our opinions. It indicates a certain level of confidence in their abilities to come up with something that will be good.

Just in these forums, the amount of variety in what we want JA3 to be like is astouding. Some want a copy/paste of old, some want fresh, some don't mind new mechanics, so hate new mechanics.

Regardless what HG create, I will respect it because they will have carved their own path and hopefully will provide a finished game when they release without resorting to the "we want to know what you want 'tactic' to make money" before ever even completing project.

Baldur's Gate 3 Rant Rant
=========================
I apologize for the length of my Baldur's Gate 3 rant. Baldur's Gate (1 & 2) is, to me, like Jagged Alliance. It's very precious. In short, I view video games with less of an interactive challenge and more as a certain work of art in a way. So much planning, decisions and style are taken.. and just like any actual artist (painter, storyteller, etc..) you get a signature feel and style by doing things with your own mentality, not with input from everyone else and trying to do what others want from you.

I realize I am strongly opiniated, I appreciate you guys patience and I don't think my opinions are be-all end-all.. just opinions. 😉

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

Baldur's Gate 3 Rant

Yeah I am very divided if Larian should have used the name Baldur's Gate or not, strongly leaning to "they should have not". I agree whit you that the story was finished in the original games. As far as I understand there are connections to the earlier games (wont spoil any info but it is easily obtained if you google a little). But they could easily names it something else and still have the connections. But as we stated, names are powerful things.

We can also argue if BG was a good name for the original games since not that much time was spent in the city itself. 😂

What I meant in my earlier post is that I think Larian is good at communicating with their customers during EA development.

Hey I am currently replaying BG1 aswell! 👊🏻

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hendrix said:

Hey I am currently replaying BG1 aswell! 👊🏻

Then I'll meet you at the Friendly Arm Inn for a few rounds of Evermead while we share grand tales of adventure! 🍺

I've got Ajantis as my "tank".
Khalid as my damage dealer.
Jaheira as a multirole fighter (what? is she a jet?).
Myself as an Avenger (Yes, I had decided what my team was going to be before realizing I wanted to play an Avenger, oh well, two Druids that will level extrremely slow in BG2 🤣)
Coran as my pro-Archer/Trap disarmer.
Imoen which I dualed to mage at level 4 thief (she opens locks).

It's kind of a goody-goody party, but that's okay. It fits my roleplaying style of gaming.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

Haemimont & Early Access
========================
To be honest, I have for more respect for Haemimont Games to be working on the game without asking our opinions. It indicates a certain level of confidence in their abilities to come up with something that will be good.

Just in these forums, the amount of variety in what we want JA3 to be like is astouding. Some want a copy/paste of old, some want fresh, some don't mind new mechanics, so hate new mechanics.

Regardless what HG create, I will respect it because they will have carved their own path and hopefully will provide a finished game when they release without resorting to the "we want to know what you want 'tactic' to make money" before ever even completing project.

Early Access is more likely to benefit the producer than the player himself. Every developer should employ testers in the quality control department. It is not a pleasant job, because sometimes it comes down to simply clicking for hours on the menu to see if something is breaking. Playing the game from start to finish is also not the perfect method of finding and reporting bugs when it comes to cRPG. Lots of skills, spells, items, dialogue, scripts that push tasks forward in different ways - 10 players can have 10 different bugs and it is impossible to check every possible option.

And Larian himself definitely has no shortage of funds to complete the game, and Early Access is the only way to communicate effectively with players and their expectations.

I hope that the team from Haemimont Games will also take advantage of this opportunity 🙂

• Like 1

Today Embracer Group presented its financial results, including THQ Nordic. At the conference, the upcoming Jagged Alliance 3 was also mentioned, but nothing was said about a possible release date (from 14:42 minutes).

Embracer Group.png

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Wigen said:

"select pipeline"

From my own experience, select pipeline are projects of which the company (bosses) has a greater interest in (especially their financial success) than other projects whit in the Concern/Business group. I would not assume that the order of appearance is necessarily the order of releases. I have experienced quite a few of these types of presentations from the companies I have work with, however, none of them were in any way related to game development.

I have personally gone to great lengths to avoid those kind of projects in my own career. 😂

OUTCAST 2?! NOW THAT brings back memories!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Wigen said:

possible release date

So we are only 3 months away from release then! REJOICE EVERYONE! 😃

(Sorry for the joke, I could not help myself from being sarcastic).

Any way nice find @Wigen 👏🏻

My guess is that this was an earlier planed release date, but things got changed/delayed in the process. Any takers?

Or they simply has just go on producing the game and are finishing it up for a late Q2 release to everybody's suprise? Although I find that to be improbable. 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I have the impression that the appearance of this information was definitely not intentional, as it was done quietly and without any loud announcements. In any case, the information comes from the publisher, but if it is not officially confirmed, everything may change.

Edited by Wigen
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

The scale of what the Embracer Group company does in the gaming world really impresses me. The 82 games that will appear next year will come from producers whose development teams are at least 32 people. Among them is, of course, Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games. 🙂

FTISK5BVIAY97YT.jpg

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The SteamDB website says Jagged Alliance 3 will be released on 30 december 2022 and you can see a developer change since the previous June 15, 2022 in the changelog, so it may have been delayed and maybe that's why some news is late.

https://steamdb.info/app/1084160/info/

But at the moment it isn't known how reliable this information is, so I recommend a little bit of optimism.

SteamDB.png

Edited by Wigen
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1