Release Date?

Wigen

This is just what I think, but with the little information we have so far, I don't expect ANYTHING until Q2 2024, maybe even Q4 2024.

Maybe I will appear "pessimistic", but in reality, I just don't see anything to show me that there is much more than an alpha stage to this game. I feel like the showcase we had on August 12 was put together simply to check the box for the THQ announcements. Any experienced studio could put together a video like that in little time.

If this game was to come out next year, I honestly would expect a little more hype creation from marketing. 2 Trailers are ALL we've had so far.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

I don't expect ANYTHING until Q2 2024, maybe even Q4 2024.

From my perspective. Not a problem.

For the first time in 2 decades we have an established developer for this "cursed" IP. I much rather see them get the time and money to get things right and make something really good or even great.

I am tierd of seeing games getting copy/pasted togheter just to save development time and money, just to get a quick cash grab.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2022 at 11:04 AM, Hendrix said:

From my perspective. Not a problem.

For the first time in 2 decades we have an established developer for this "cursed" IP. I much rather see them get the time and money to get things right and make something really good or even great.

I am tierd of seeing games getting copy/pasted togheter just to save development time and money, just to get a quick cash grab.

I am totally with you. A good game needs time and testing. I dont care if it takes longer. Its better than playing all the half baked rushed tactic games without soul we got the last 10 years. JA2 is still great because there was passion in it and you could feel that. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, WILDFIRE said:

I am totally with you. A good game needs time and testing. I dont care if it takes longer. Its better than playing all the half baked rushed tactic games without soul we got the last 10 years. JA2 is still great because there was passion in it and you could feel that. 

Still great ? JA2 is simply the greatest of all times so far from realistic turn based games.

• 4 weeks later...

If it is 2023 as stated, it could possibly be at the end of next year. I'd be fine with that, personally. That means that from the time of writing this post, it could potentially be more than a year away from now, in terms of months. There is always that feeling where you want a developer to "hurry up and finish it, already" so you can play it, but once a game is out, it's out. Sure, a game can receive patches in this day and age but if a game is not ready/is buggy/isn't fun upon release, you've got a developer and publisher handling damage control.

I am happy to wait for a game for as long as possible (except for games like Star Citizen, which by the time it actually gets released, humans will have already colonised outer space for real) because there have been so many games that get released prematurely, invariably by the publisher saying that it is good enough as it is. It then becomes another wasted opportunity, affects the reputation of a game (and/or game series), the developers and the publisher. You then are left with the modding community trying to fix it, if possible, while then looking ahead for a sequel to be released that will hopefully get it right the next time around.

I am not saying JA3 will meet that fate and I don't think anybody here is impatient for its release but the last Jagged Alliance I played was 2. I never tried the others in the series that came out afterwards because they got such poor reviews. They were just pale comparisons to JA2, which I think is one of the best games of all time.

I am just hoping that JA3 will match the complexity of JA2, with its diverse gameplay and content. I hope that it will take more from JA2, old X-COM and Silent Storm than new XCOM. Regardless of whether Firaxis' XCOM was seen as the saviour of turn-based squad games and gave it a revival, I didn't like it at all. It was too simplistic and felt like the wrong way to revive the genre. I don't know why the genre apparently died out anyway, unless it was because of the console generation taking over PC gaming and every game having to be made 'more accessible', more simple and having big budget flashy presentation.

In short, I want JA3 to be like those older games and not be 'inspired' by the XCOM reboot. If a longer development time creates that opportunity, then I can wait even into 2024.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Please, any official news on release date? Im so excited about this release, JA2 was one of the best games i played back in the days and im hoping for a similar experience with JA3. 🙂

Edited by oesh
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Steam page has stated from the begin "release date: coming soon", for me it is not so soon when page has been set up over year ago. In my knowledge Valve demands some deadline for release dates, and it was 31.12.2022 @ steamdb.info.
So maybe we get the release date end of the year, but seems it won't be soon. My guess is next year.

I just noticed while browsing out of curiosity that the game is advertised for pre-order on German Amazon. The set date is December 31, 2023 (probably set placeholder) and there is also a price.

https://www.amazon.de/-/dp/B09JDH9GJ5/ref=sr_1_1?crid=80ITPVVI4QJ0&keywords=jagged+alliance+3&qid=1670595801&sprefix=%2Caps%2C824&sr=8-1

Edited by Wigen

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, DougS2K said:

It's not for sale yet on Steam but I'm sure it will be updated soon if they announced the release date and said you can pre-order. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084160/Jagged_Alliance_3/

**Jagged Alliance 3 is currently in development for PC and is set to release on July 14th, 2023 at an SRP of $ 44.99 / € 44.99. **
Wishlist here: https://thqn.net/ja3-steam