Release Date?

Wigen

2 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Btw saw my sis Scope for the first time in this new trailer. Want to say thanks for 3d artist... at least u didnt fail Scope.

I looked through the trailer and didn't spot Scope's model. Did you pick her out of the group shot? Are you sure you're not confusing her with Buns?

7 hours ago, Stuurminator said:

I looked through the trailer and didn't spot Scope's model. Did you pick her out of the group shot? Are you sure you're not confusing her with Buns?

U can see her in trailer couple of times, she has big british flag on her chest.

11 hours ago, WILDFIRE said:

Release is July the 14th 2023!

New Feature Trailer here:

Well, that's the teaser I understand. The guys from Haemimont Games seem to understand the expectations and have no qualms about ridiculing previous miserable attempts to revive the series, and at this price it would be stupid not to give them a chance. 😉

In any case, this second half of the year promises to be incredibly good, and it has probably not been such a summer full of premieres. 🙂

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wigen said:

Well, that's the teaser I understand. The guys from Haemimont Games seem to understand the expectations and have no qualms about ridiculing previous miserable attempts to revive the series, and at this price it would be stupid not to give them a chance. 😉

In any case, this second half of the year promises to be incredibly good, and it has probably not been such a summer full of premieres. 🙂

I am feeling like the happiest human being of this world with the announcement of the release date. It will be surely hell of a summer like most us dont had since years. Will be also free for 2 months (in august & september) so will be having enough time playing it.

On 5/18/2023 at 7:54 PM, Lunokhod said:

And right now its not a "miserable attempt to revive the series" in your mind? Interesting.

No. That's just your mind expecting something to play to your fantasy game in your head. That wouldn't be JA3 sequel to JA2. You don't like it - well though - get modding and make your own. 

7 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

I wish this game will sale well

No chance. Showgunners failed, Miasma Chronicles and JA3 will fail. Nobody cares about TBS in 2023.

10 minutes ago, Image Miroir said:

That way we'll have this "perfect" JA4 we hold in our dreams in a couple of years.

Not with THQ. They have no money to hire good dev team. Bro they have no money even for normal trailer for JA3...

3 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

Showgunners failed, Miasma Chronicles and JA3 will fail. Nobody cares about TBS in 2023.

We can help the game with good reviews. This genre isn't the most popular but it has a significant amount of fans.

5 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

Not with THQ. They have no money to hire good dev team.

I think they have to insert JA in the real world, and set it nowadays. Maybe to have a real scenario (with twists) with many side quests. Something "like" Baldur's Gate 2, but with the game mechanics of Jagged Alliance.

This is just an idea, and there are so many possible.

Money is important, but experience and creativity can surprise. I think over the last decade, the teams working on the different iterations didn't know the genre enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MateKiddleton said:

It'd probably be a struggle to successfully parody modern day merc personality stereotypes without offending someone in today's climate.

Metal Gear, Splinter Cell, Modern Warfare were able to do it, therefore it's possible.

Many people were blaming the "politically correct", I think it died by 24th of february 2022. Till that day it was considered business was avoiding confrontation between countries; it was proven false. Now, propaganda should probably thrive for a decade or two.

The main concept of business remains, a.k.a. "who's your target?" Jagged Alliance will have to clearly identify its target market. For sure there'll be political issues, but the endless debate on CtH shows gaming habits and influences are not negligible either.

Now, the key element is profitability. Artificial intelligence is diffusing everywhere at light speed. And the game development domain is no exception. The AI will allow to develop games like JA in half the time if not faster before the end of 2024. Most probably, by 2025 a single year of development would equal 7 years of work of the 2010s. It'll benefit first games like Jagged Alliance, so even if it's not sure we'll play the same game in all countries over the world, we can be sure we'll have our "local Jagged Alliance" whatever the porte-manteau name it'll have.

In the worst case, by the end of the decade each of us would be able to "produce" its own Jagged Alliance with the free game development tools available. At least something equal to JA2. So, live long and enjoy!

12 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

No chance. Showgunners failed, Miasma Chronicles and JA3 will fail. Nobody cares about TBS in 2023.

Not with THQ. They have no money to hire good dev team. Bro they have no money even for normal trailer for JA3...

jaysus, dude. You are such a boring, broken record. Nobody cares about your opinion nobody cares about you and nobody cares about your whining. 

Get some cheese with your whine, build a bridge and get over it. Get yourself a shitty puzzle game like Xcom or so, play and enjoy and go away. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Tzg said:

Get some cheese with your whine, build a bridge and get over it. Get yourself a shitty puzzle game like Xcom or so, play and enjoy and go away.

Stop crying like a little baby. Its reality and its hurts. They should work like a dogs to make something successful. No one will kiss their asses only cos they owners of JA title right now. Welcome to the real world, son.

33 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

Stop crying like a little baby. Its reality and its hurts. They should work like a dogs to make something successful. No one will kiss their asses only cos they owners of JA title right now. Welcome to the real world, son.

No kiddo. The only one crying here, every bloody time, every single shitpost on this forum is you and only almost only you and maybe another one or two Homo Sovieticus. What is it with you soviets you can't just get over things? You don't like it ? That's fine - you expressed your worthless opinion, we get it, you don't like it. Ok kiddo, move on. Stomping your feet and screaming loud won't change a thing. 

13 hours ago, Image Miroir said:

I think they have to insert JA in the real world, and set it nowadays.

That would be difficult. You have got so much going on in terms of an unsettled world. Sure, you can say it is always like that but everything now seems so tiresome. You've got the governments of Russia, China and North Korea that are determined to be as belligerent as possible, while blaming others. There is still the wake of a pandemic, which nobody wants to take responsibility for. You've got endless and in your face identity and gender politics and agendas, anti-white male heterosexual hate, climate change and the ignorance of it, the rise of narcissism and social media obsession…and that is just off the top of my head.

Setting the game in 2001 sounds rather less complicated compared to the uncertainty and self-centredness we have at this time in life. When I was a kid and thought about the year 2020 and around that time, I thought it sounded futuristic and cool. Anything but this.

Besides, if JA3 was set in today's timeline, Ivan would now sport breasts and insist on being called Ivana.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tzg said:

Ok kiddo, move on.

Dont tell me what to do. I think im a part of this community, i will buy and play this game. I give alot of comments and feedback here and even if half of them with critics - its still better than nothing and ignoring this project, believe me. So better say thanks to me. And ure completely wrong if you think that 2,5 guys with negative reviews on this forum can ruin all sales, this is bullshit.

• Like 2

I think, @Lunokhod, it is just that people find you are always unhappy about JA3, even before you have played it. You also often say things like, "Nobody cares." and other demoralising, dismissive words.

If the game sucks then so be it. If you are generally unhappy with life, then I understand. But unless you are 30 years old and have only just found out that Santa Claus isn't real, thereby making you angry with the world, maybe you could just have a bit more hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Dont tell me what to do. I think im a part of this community, i will buy and play this game. I give alot of comments and feedback here and even if half of them with critics - its still better than nothing and ignoring this project, believe me. So better say thanks to me. And ure completely wrong if you think that 2,5 guys with negative reviews on this forum can ruin all sales, this is bullshit.

With all the talk you do about how bad the game is going to be and how much it costs you STILL plan on buying it?! That seems rather... unintelligent. Haven't you heard about voting with your wallet?

6 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

[...] I give alot of comments and feedback here and even if half of them with critics - its still better than nothing [..]

I agree. Honest critics are important. Its effect or impact highly depends on weather it is expressed in a positive way or not.