Release Date?

Wigen

1 hour ago, Xeth Nyrrow said:

With all the talk you do about how bad the game is going to be and how much it costs you STILL plan on buying it?!

Ofc i have money for videogame. I just try to say its too much for this game. 15$ price would bring a lot more sales. More players buy it - more stream, youtube videos, reviews - more customers. And everyone happy. Right now only fans of JA pay 3x price for themselves and 2 other ppl. Why? Okay, let it be 20$, but this is my last offer. Not enough work for 45$ price, i dont see it.

54 minutes ago, Lunokhod said:

Ofc i have money for videogame. I just try to say its too much for this game. 15$ price would bring a lot more sales. More players buy it - more stream, youtube videos, reviews - more customers. And everyone happy. Right now only fans of JA pay 3x price for themselves and 2 other ppl. Why? Okay, let it be 20$, but this is my last offer. Not enough work for 45$ price, i dont see it.

$15??? LOL Your funny. I think it's current price is pretty fair all things considered.

• Like 2

Same here. The asking price is very reasonable when compared to what is often being charged these days (especially for console versions of AAA games).

$15 is a tiny amount and I am assuming you mean US Dollars as well. That would be the price for a small indie game with a few developers. Even in Pounds Sterling or Euros, 15 is very cheap for JA3.

You would certainly get more sales but any revenue would hardly be sufficient to cover salaries and time working on the game.

Why not sell it for a fiver and get a Happy Meal voucher with it?

• Like 2

Well, according to Wikipedia, Haemimont Games is apparently an indie developer, which surprises me. I wouldn't have classed them as such. However, the page then goes on to say they have around 60 employees and to me, that no longer makes them indie. I am thinking about developers that consist of 1-10 people.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

I am thinking about developers that consist of 1-10 people.

I dont know, but it feels like JA3 team: 2 coders, 2 3d artists, 1 2d artist(very lame guy) + Ian Currie as adviser + THQ manager. Other guys like voice actors, music/sound guys just not important, they have a very small role.

40 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Well, according to Wikipedia, Haemimont Games is apparently an indie developer, which surprises me. I wouldn't have classed them as such. However, the page then goes on to say they have around 60 employees and to me, that no longer makes them indie. I am thinking about developers that consist of 1-10 people.

I agree, but there isn't really a set rule as to what being an, "indie" developer means except NOT working exclusively for or being owned by a publisher. Also with a $45 price tag, it falls in to the, "AA" quality of expectations and I would consider that not a true, "indie" developer either just because of the size.

Well 45 is not uncommon for an indie game either.
If it was 70-80 i would be upset and not buying the game. And I can imagine that even 45 is a lot depending where you're from - not saying 45 wouldn't be much to me myself, but i always calcuate fun/gametime per euro so ... if we have 30 hrs campaign for 45€ this would be pretty decent I guess.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2023 at 8:24 AM, WILDFIRE said:

Release is July the 14th 2023!

After many, MANY years of dissapointments, and almost giving up on playing a worthy sucessor, after checking out latest gameplay videos, I'm like Oliver after Deidranna was eliminated:

It's really true!?

• Like 2

There's still a lot to do, but I share the optimism. I wouldn't worry about the starting price that much as demand and competition will regulate it soon after release. Heard of a discount on steam at release. Just let us believe in good sales. A larger com will help working on mods.

4 hours ago, DonBilbo said:

It will launch with a 20% discount. So 36 bucks seems reasonable. 

Where exactly does this 20% discount info come from? I've heard this a few times now but haven't heard the source of it.

6 hours ago, DougS2K said:

Where exactly does this 20% discount info come from? I've heard this a few times now but haven't heard the source of it.

Jagged Alliance 3 is currently in development for PC and is set to release on July 14th, 2023 at an SRP of $ 44.99 / € 44.99 / 39.99 £ and will receive a launch discount of 20% on Steam“

https://www.thqnordic.com/article/its-your-turn-jagged-alliance-3-coming-pc-july