Release Date?

Wigen

17 hours ago, Wigen said:

Let them release the game in Early Access. Then I would buy the game immediately, even with errors 😄

PLEASE NO!

Modern gaming is already gone so deep down the drain... we don't need early access crap from a big dev/pub!

Let Haemimont Games make a good polished game and release in a complete and unbroken state.

• Like 2

You're probably right GODSPEED, I thought EA was a good idea, but too many chefs spoil the broth, let them make a good game, but I wouldn't mind a demo before release. 

Just hope they listen to us, that's all and don't make something completely un Jagged Alliance.

Edited by Acid
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Wigen said:

On the game's discussion panel on Steam pltaform, one of the users noticed on the graphic that is the logo on FB the numbers on Ivan's [Romanian AK-47] gun that look like dates (something like "0210", "1018"). But they can also be some random numbers.

That is where they stamp part of the serial identification numbers/code on AK's. Year of manufacture as well as factory stamp should be found there. Maybe they hid some date code... but that is doubtful, as I can't recall where I read it, but they mentionned they are working on the game and they don't want to give a date.. I would guess they simply replicated (or made up) the writting they had on the replica they used for the artwork.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:44 PM, Wigen said:

Ivan's [Romanian AK-47] gun that look like dates

That would have been a cool easter egg, however nowadays even large studios can't seem to keep launch dates they've decided on just a couple of months back. To stamp the release date on the reveal image would mean they are 95% ready with the game.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 8:54 PM, Wigen said:

Let them release the game in Early Access

Early Access is good for business, getting people to talk about it, but terrible for game quality. It's a way to sell it before it's ready and an excuse for everything wrong with it - "oh it's just not ready yet"

While I personally dislike Early Access as I want to play the games when they finished, and as I also record let's plays that usually means that nobody cares about the game anymore.

Objectively early access can be good and can be bad. Factorio and Darkest dungeon being the prime examples where it went good. Especially factorio gained a lot of popularity during early access and the project exploded.

But on the other side you have games like SpaceBase DF9 by the Ex-Lucas-Arts developers at DoubleFine. For them it was like "meh...early access doesnt sell, let's tack a 1.0 on it and be done with it"

As last resort when you run out of money and desparately need money, yeah, I would definitely prefer them trying EA rather than calling it a release version and then patching all the stuff after release.

"Urban Strife" also says it will launch soon, but apparently won't be available until mid or late next year at the earliest.

I would be content with more communication from the creators here on the forum as well. I don't mind if they read all of our comments and make changes.

Or are they taking the "Gears Tactics" approach and staying silent to focus on the game and the most important aspects of it, and it will one day be "released next month"?

• Like 1

On 10/8/2021 at 6:51 PM, Wigen said:

"Urban Strife" also says it will launch soon, but apparently won't be available until mid or late next year at the earliest.

I would be content with more communication from the creators here on the forum as well. I don't mind if they read all of our comments and make changes.

Or are they taking the "Gears Tactics" approach and staying silent to focus on the game and the most important aspects of it, and it will one day be "released next month"?

Thankyou Wigen for copying and pasting my comment from the Steam forum 😕

But I will clarify what I said about Gears Tactics is that the developers of that game made an announcement and within just a couple of months if I remember correctly it was realeased, and it was relatively bug free and polished.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A cinematic compilation of the 15 best new RPGs with tactical turn-based combat elements, which are to appear in 2021 and the upcoming 2022. Jagged Alliance 3 is at 2:45 minutes.

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, LXant said:

It's listed by them only as TBA, in contrast to other games being TBA 2021/2022.

They know as much as we do, which isn't much. 😆

I collect and post on the forum everything that contains information about Jagged Alliance 3. Even the information that is repeated. It may also happen that one day something we didn't know about the game will come up. 😉

Edited by Wigen
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Wigen said:

A cinematic compilation of the 15 best new RPGs with tactical turn-based combat elements, which are to appear in 2021 and the upcoming 2022. Jagged Alliance 3 is at 2:45 minutes.

Wartales, klotzen Panzer battles and Rise of Humanity look interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Wigen said:

Today, THQ announced the premiere (March 1, 2022) of Elex II. Probably the turn of Jagged Alliance 3 will come soon

THQ Nordic - Publisher
Piranha Bytes - developer of ELEX II
Haemimont Games - developer of JA3
Most likely there is no direct relationship between the JA3 release date and the ELEX II release date.