JA3 patch needed - urgent

marcinl0

2 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

i wonder what did they add though? if they cant even do surface level core stuff, what did they do with development time

They probably spent a lot of time choosing different outfits for the mercs. Not everything goes with a pink shirt... 😉

8 hours ago, MateKiddleton said:

Yep, stamina in JA3 is limited to overland travel/activities and in combat, only flashbangs seem to drain stamina (makes them suppressed/tired). Stamina management was a key part of JA1 and JA2, and is a key point of difference to other turn based tactical games, which is why I put it so high on the things that bother me list.

There really should have been other ways to affect stamina. Overall, I can think of a range of things such as weather and the sector environment affecting stamina for everyone, encumberment, gas grenades (lethal and non-lethal), flashbangs, concussion from nearby explosions (temporary) and serious injuries. Some of those should have at least been put into the game.

4 hours ago, ShadowMagic said:

That's because the replayability factor of this game is close to 0. There is just one optimal way in which you complete sectors (stealth sniping) to keep losses at a minimum and yield maximum results.

That sounds like such a boring way to play but if it is the optimal way to play, why choose any other method unless you want to make it more difficult for yourself?

I expected that style of gameplay to happen and commented so many times about it before release. Just using suppressed sniper rifles every time doesn't sound like fun gameplay, it just sounds like you are going through the game, half-invested in the battles until you complete the campaign.

4 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

At least I would be happy to see enemy have issues with ammo too. Then we could use new tactics of baiting enemy into shooting at us with low CtH and also it would increase play variety as enemies with AR and SMG would start using single shots sometimes.

This can't be that hard to implement. If the game can record every individual's hitpoints and stats, I am sure it can also include ammo carried by each person on the battlefield (friend and foe). Enemies should really be able to run out of ammo and maybe switch to another weapon. Support weapons should not last forever either, so no infinite heavy MG rounds, mortar rounds, RPGs and grenades.

4 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Yes, I am just dreaming. I recall someone said that devs confirmed they had time issues and couldn't implement everything they wanted.

Why did they have time issues? Who imposed them? They should not have been under pressure to release by a certain date. JA2 came out decades ago, I'm sure that us gamers would have been happy to wait an extra six months.

Edited by Solaris_Wave

2 minutes ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Why did they have time issues? Who imposed them? They should not have been under pressure to release by a certain date. JA2 came out decades ago, I'm sure that us gamers would have been happy to wait an extra six months.

Corporate Marketing and Management works in mysterious ways. 2 years waiting for this unfinished mess, meanwhile 2 indie companies pumped out better squad based tactical combat game.

Edited by Skaldy

1 hour ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Because everyone working on a project needs salary...

54 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

yeah they really lack the money

Do you really think if a company has 100 millions, it should spend all 100 millions to release a game which will bring (next number is just an example) 5 millions? This is not how companies become rich 🙂

Edited by sandman25dcsss

Just now, sandman25dcsss said:

Do you really think if a company has 100 millions, it should spend all 100 millions to release a game which will bring (next number is just an example) 5 millions? This is not how companies become rich 🙂

No, but given indie companies with less budget can produce better games.....

3 hours ago, Solaris_Wave said:

Just using suppressed sniper rifles every time doesn't sound like fun gameplay, it just sounds like you are going through the game, half-invested in the battles until you complete the campaign.

This I can say isn't really true. In fact I'd say there are more ways now than JA2 to tackle an engagement. I took an outpost with a combination of knives, stealth pistols, snipers, assault rifles with grenade launchers, grenades/molotovs, mustard gas and machine guns. Coming from JA2's FN-FAL meta and hiding behind walls waiting for interrupts, this was actually the most fun I've had for a long time in terms of combat variety.

4 hours ago, Skaldy said:

Corporate Marketing and Management works in mysterious ways. 2 years waiting for this unfinished mess, meanwhile 2 indie companies pumped out better squad based tactical combat game.

I've never played a better squad based tactical game. Certainly never played a bigger one.

🤷‍♀️

JA3 is a weird game. There are so many remarkably great things about it that make me play it every day, yet every day I end up rage-quitting because something is so obviously and carelessly broken to the point where I just can't tolerate it. This discrepancy between the polishing of certain mechanics is what makes it appear unfinished to me. And what bothers me more than those imperfect parts is to see how close this game came to being truly brilliant, only for it to fail to realize its full potential. And so I hope for updates to deliver changes beyond simple bug fixes, and then maybe start a new playthrough in a few months.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, D13 said:

JA3 is a weird game. There are so many remarkably great things about it that make me play it every day, yet every day I end up rage-quitting because something is so obviously and carelessly broken to the point where I just can't tolerate it. This discrepancy between the polishing of certain mechanics is what makes it appear unfinished to me. And what bothers me more than those imperfect parts is to see how close this game came to being truly brilliant, only for it to fail to realize its full potential. And so I hope for updates to deliver changes beyond simple bug fixes, and then maybe start a new playthrough in a few months.

I think it's not so much unpolished as it is narrowly vetted and tested. Seems like not enough different opinions were involved in the design process of the game or the ones involved were too similar which lead to these really obvious issues. It basically needed more varied beta tester input on the game.

The easiest example is not being able to enter turn based combat at any point. How that was missed is unimaginable. Another is the inventory system. I don't mean the general simplification for ease of play but the weird excessive scrolling UI among several things. Maybe it was for Steam Deck reasons but there should have been a better choice. Not being able to know where your mercs are with regards to fatigue is another, even if you like the removal of the stamina system you have no idea where you stand with fatigue.

7 hours ago, Raeven said:

I've never played a better squad based tactical game. Certainly never played a bigger one.

🤷‍♀️

Try Wartales for medieval squad tactical, certainly will find how big it can be.

Xenonauts 2 for tactical depth. Like 90 percent of features you want to add to this game you will find there

10 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

Try Wartales for medieval squad tactical, certainly will find how big it can be.

Xenonauts 2 for tactical depth. Like 90 percent of features you want to add to this game you will find there

Wartales has lots of complaints about repetitive and bad combat. Bigger does not mean better 😉

Xenonauts 2 is in early access and there are many reviews complaining about placeholders and missing features.

1 minute ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Wartales has lots of complaints about repetitive and bad combat. Bigger does not mean better 😉

Xenonauts 2 is in early access and there are many reviews complaining about placeholders and missing features.

Have you played any of those? Or you are just reading to me steam reviews?

Edited by Skaldy

4 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Just reading Steam reviews. My experience shows negative reviews are quite useful.

then why are you discussing my personal experience with me using other people's experiences? Try it and tell me, because i have 200 hours in wartales😂

Edited by Skaldy

2 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

then why are you discussing my personal experience with me using other people's experiences? Try it and tell me, because i have 200 hours in wartales😂

First 2 reviews complained about bad combat, that was enough for me. I don't think my preferences are close to preferences of people who praise games for rich inventory management and play without CtH mod, sorry. Basically if you liked a game, I will not like it.

First 2 reviews complained about bad combat, that was enough for me. I don't think my preferences are close to preferences of people who praise games for rich inventory management and play without CtH mod, sorry. Basically if you liked a game, I will not like it.

how regular people make discussion: sharing personal experiences and opinions on a topic to learn something new from each other

how it is done here: "I have no idea but i heard it is sh*t, i dont like it"

thanks for playing☺️

4 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

how regular people make discussion: sharing personal experiences and opinions on a topic to learn something new from each other

how it is done here: "I have no idea but i heard it is sh*t, i dont like it"

thanks for playing☺️

No problem, I suspected you like repetitive combat, there is nothing to discuss here. Current JA3 has repetitive combat on many maps too by the way.

No problem, I suspected you like repetitive combat, there is nothing to discuss here. Current JA3 has repetitive combat on many maps too by the way.

repetitive combat? no, i just like turn based squad combat. Repetitive combat is, perspective i think, because after each combat i find myself in different situation, equipment/experience/map/knowledge wise.

I am just forcing myself to play JA3 for combat at the moment, even with flaws, combat is fun, as soon as you finish combat, it gets dry