Expiring Mines?

Warmonger

On 7/23/2023 at 9:37 AM, Uncle Nick said:

How much town loyalty did you lose when the SHTF?

(SPOILERS) it will be crushed. From my exp if you have not yet, dont bother with training, waste of time. Just keep some $$ and take it like a man! Think of it like a Christmas but you dont get anything and you have to buy gift for everyone ..

Maybe I was unlucky but whatever I had trained before that event felt like a massive waste of time (except of fending off early attacks).

Wonder if anyone else had similar experience?

For the mine income, I play commando difficulty and never had any issues with cashflow. Yea you have to play it smart sometimes but it is not that difficult to stay afloat.

If you getting that low that you need neverending mines or decrease income degeneration (by any level) then you either moving way too slow or spending way too much monies for expensive mercs.

Credit card society 😄

I'm on my first playthrough of the game, just took over my third mine after one has already depleted and I just got a notification that another mine will start to run out.
Money-wise I'm still strong, but it does feel like this mechanic should be toned down a bit.

In JA2 it was to be expected that one mine would run out, but I don't think I've ever experienced this happening more than once in every campaign (and I played through that game more times than I kept count of).

10 minutes ago, Frank said:

In JA2 it was to be expected that one mine would run out, but I don't think I've ever experienced this happening more than once in every campaign (and I played through that game more times than I kept count of).

In the original, it was one random mine for the purposes of the Sci-Fi mode. Here it's all of them over time for the purpose of moving your posterior out of town in the early-game.