Major attack against me started/triggered?

Warmonger

I apologize if I've overlooked something here or post it twice.

The thing is, I was just at the refugee camp in E6 and I met a Colonel Fauxcau from the Grand Chien Army. I won the fight there, but now a major attack is coming that I can't stop, across the entire map and anywhere?! No idea to stop this. Is that common? What do I do now or is this the end of the game? I actually have pretty good mercenaries running around in two squads, own good mines, make enough money, but what just is happened seemes to be some kind of punishment for playing too independently?!

40 minutes ago, Warmonger said:

Sry, too late. While my game is spoiled with it anyway now.  I don't think I have the desire to do that anymore. I put the game away.

Why do you give up now? Just keep on playing. They did not make a game for fans of 1.13... so everyone is lucky! They made it for it to be easy and simple. It is just a step. Part of the game.

The same happened to me yesterday and i suppose it is a triggered event in the game compareable to the "N-Night". The enemy took a few sectors. My militia won one battle but i forgot to watch the  sector so maybe they defended it or just got killed in the next enemy wave.

You should think of "We lost the battle but not the war".. First reconquer the important sectors with mines an workshops and go on.

Yeah, it's a major plot twist and game changer.
The army conquers all sectors of importance back with very strong troops. What will you do now?
- You can try to resist with your mercs and militia, but it won't work everywhere, and you will have many casualties.
- You can step back in the wild, regroup, and strike back. It will be hard, but maybe you can reconquer what's lost.
- Or you can move on, conquer further east, occupied by less powerful legion, get a port for reinforcements, a mine for income, gain loyalty in the nearby town, and later retaliate on the west.
- Or... You can complain, again and again, and ragequit. I don't recommend this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warmonger said:

I apologize if I've overlooked something here or post it twice.

The thing is, I was just at the refugee camp in E6 and I met a Colonel Fauxcau from the Grand Chien Army. I won the fight there, but now a major attack is coming that I can't stop, across the entire map and anywhere?! No idea to stop this. Is that common? What do I do now or is this the end of the game? I actually have pretty good mercenaries running around in two squads, own good mines, make enough money, but what just is happened seemes to be some kind of punishment for playing too independently?!

Did....did...you pay attention to the story line?

same thing happened to me as well today, for the first time.

Story-wise I understand it, albeit I find it strange that there suddenly appears an army out of the blue where before the Legion could practically roam free. Maybe I missed something and the game area isn't the whole country but a part of it.

Anyway, I was pretty down when this happened, too. I already have 8 or so mercs dead, which means the ones left are really expensive. Only upside was I had around 60k left, but no mine. I made my way up to the mine near Pantagruel and captured it, and with only 4 mercs left it was sufficient to balance my income.

Next I decided to hire reinforcments, but I had to move my squad of 4 back to the first island to get the newcomers.

Have to take whole map again now, not sure if I will do it or just beeline to free the president.

On the upside, the drops from enemies are really good now, time to take out the MGs 😄

Pfffffffffff ... so it is the script-power which comes over you. Learning this I will avoid triggering and rest it with help of saves as long a possible putting in as many mecrs in as possible, storing as much money as possible as I am not in hurry anyway. But I first of all I want a proper inventory organisation update now 😡 

1 hour ago, Warmonger said:

Pfffffffffff ... so it is the script-power which comes over you. Learning this I will avoid triggering and rest it with help of saves as long a possible putting in as many mecrs in as possible, storing as much money as possible as I am not in hurry anyway. But I first of all I want a proper inventory organisation update now 😡 

That's the way... as it has been in every game with scripted events. I got luck at this triggered event because i got enough money, my mercs were far away and survived. I recaptured easily two mines, survived a triggered event on Ernie Island and are about to recapture the Ernie Fort. As far as i see it is not necessary at the moment so i will prepare well for that mission.

JA2 had thoes triggered events and the fun in replay for me is it to be well prepared and be happy about this point when the enemys plan fails 😎

This never happened to me. When Emma wanted me to go to the refugee camp I had already been there and decided to go later, after finishing whatever I was doing elsewhere. But a number of in game days later there was in game news of a chemical attack and so on... 

I wasn't there for that. No major counterattack for me.

16 hours ago, HarmWulf said:

That's the way... as it has been in every game with scripted events. I got luck at this triggered event because i got enough money, my mercs were far away and survived. I recaptured easily two mines, survived a triggered event on Ernie Island and are about to recapture the Ernie Fort. As far as i see it is not necessary at the moment so i will prepare well for that mission.

JA2 had thoes triggered events and the fun in replay for me is it to be well prepared and be happy about this point when the enemys plan fails 😎

All most the same plan. Ok, indeed I lost the game so far as I restored it from a certain point with help of saves of course. So I was in the trap already. Maybe I could have made it out there, maybe not. I am the lazy comfortable gamer, enjoying the art of good fights leaning back there. So I am in build up mode now for that sooner or later coming clash with this army ... at the moment I am in east and do not know what td with Landsbach so far while von Essen is of course the Kingpin of the the game. And I found an old witch right  trying to catch my mercs with cookies ...  😁

Edited by Warmonger

On 7/25/2023 at 2:00 PM, Warmonger said:

Sry, too late. While my game is spoiled with it anyway now.  I don't think I have the desire to do that anymore. I put the game away.

dude, this is part of the game/story...
it's meant to happen as it's a major "turnaround" point / plot twist in the game!

1 hour ago, chr_isso said:

dude, this is part of the game/story...
it's meant to happen as it's a major "turnaround" point / plot twist in the game!

yeah understood that meanwhile, also that you can win repeatedly win if you are then on the Ernie-island with a strong group of mercs maybe? 

Story spoilers so beaware

You can meet Colonel Fauxcau before the event at the refuge camp and he will tell you that he is preparing a special military operation so the attacks that occur after the event at the refuge camp make in-game sense. There are also story reason why the army did not attack the legion (you will get the information mid- to late game if i remember correctly).

• Like 1