[Mod] Tony's shop is back

Melliores

Alright, for all your shopping lovers out there, it is now official - Tony is back in business!

You can find this interesting mod right here on Steam.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2021604542985954015/C4536AB58577C5AD9F69C4486284D0DF7C703BA6/?imw=637&imh=358&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

Seems currently you can buy weapons, ammo and skill books. The mod author is looking for some feedback how to balance it and what else to add.

There is no proper trader interface but it looks good enough to allow you to resupply. Tony is located in Fleatown (H9) after you install the mod and talk to a certain NPC there. 🙂

Edited by Melliores
  • Like 1

I really hope they add some form of shopping UI in the future. I mean yeah, dialogue does the job, probably a little bit better than a table that you can interact with only once every few days.

But that's the one area that I really hope they'll do something about.

• Like 1

I hope so too. Some minor quirks got fixed quickly by the modding community but I hope the developers don't rest on that, hoping the modding community will solve all the problems. Some fixes should be solved in the game itself without the need to install a mod (so, through a patch). I also don't feel like installing all sorts of mods. 🤨

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J1v1n said:

I hope so too. Some minor quirks got fixed quickly by the modding community but I hope the developers don't rest on that, hoping the modding community will solve all the problems. Some fixes should be solved in the game itself without the need to install a mod (so, through a patch). I also don't feel like installing all sorts of mods. 🤨

i like how "mods will fix it" ascendant from meme to company policy in the last decade. Mods were, when i was gaming hard, small stuff to enhance our experience. Fan patches originated from  main devs being bankrupt and no one to take care of IPs. Lol what the hell is even this? Game was released two weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Skaldy said:

i like how "mods will fix it" ascendant from meme to company policy in the last decade. Mods were, when i was gaming hard, small stuff to enhance our experience. Fan patches originated from  main devs being bankrupt and no one to take care of IPs. Lol what the hell is even this? Game was released two weeks ago.

I like mods, they allow to adapt to your preferences and at small scale, you pick exactly what you want. It is like 1.13 or straciatella for JA2 if you think about it. As I said before release I would refund the game if it didn't have CtH mod. Also I really hate inventory management and use about 6 mods for that. 

I just wanted to point out that obvious inadequacies still in the game should be fixed by the developers (patched into the game) instead of us having to install any mods at all. 🙃

Edited by J1v1n
  • Like 1

Man, I remember Tony as being a lot smaller and heavier build (a bit of a Vitor Corleone meets Danny the Vito type with glasses) than this muscular German looking dude 😄 

Nevertheless his face looks really good (and recognisable) thus much better than what HG did to the everlasting smirking Mercs so +1 from me.

Edited by ShadowMagic

7 hours ago, Skaldy said:

Yes, we might not always agree on everything.. but here, I agree with you.

In my head, a mod is not to fix a game. JA2 is a great game on its own. But once you've played it many times, you want either a change in story, characters, weapons, etc.. so you can use mods to "elevate" the experience. Add difficulty, add a change of scenery.

This is what I've always liked about JA2 mods... they don't FIX the game, they simply ADD to the game.

JA3 has it's qualities, but also some major flaws. I think the fact there are "mods" so early, just goes to show that the game is still incomplete in a way. Many of the things that are being added, are things that feel 'basic' for the franchise, that were left out by the devs (I'm not saying they did a bad job, I think it has to do with time/financial constraints more than anything).

To be fair, the game is perfectly playable and enjoyable without a store selling literally every piece of gear.

On the contrary, much as I like this kind of mod on a repeat playthrough, I think it diminishes the first-time experience by trivializing the existing parts and ammo economy.

• Like 4