Jagged Alliance 3 Demo

StoProGratis

Have you tired the demo? Released today.

"Apparently, We didn't F*** It Up! Fans and Press were happy with their mission to free Grand Chien! With an impressive 86% positive user rating on Steam and a metacritic rating of 81 we are proud of what Haemimont Games accomplished. 

If you are still unsure if Jagged Alliance 3 is for you, you can try out the demo on Steam: https://thqn.net/3pYYAvT

---

Steam: https://thqn.net/ja3-steam

Discord: https://discord.gg/jaggedalliance

"

• Like 1

He has been trolling, flaming, and insulting various users with different opinions than his all over this board for quite a while and calls it criticism, so don't take his statements too serious. 😂

6 hours ago, Divine Moleman said:

you got any info/evidence that they influenced reviewers with some sort of bribe or are you just talking out your ass?

a) i worked in the business

b)simple google search reveals surface level options, not even talking about "gaming" journalism

Screenshot 2023-07-28 at 10-06-08 how to buy reviews online - Google Search.png

Just now, sandman25dcsss said:

@Skaldy

2 questions for you:

1) do you think 86% Steam review is not real?

2) did you leave a Steam review and if yes, is it positive or negative?

1) I always take out 20 points from reviews, so yes, i believe portion of reviews in steam came from marketing budget.

2) Nope, i didnt, i only leave reviews when i burn myself out.

12 minutes ago, Skaldy said:

1) I always take out 20 points from reviews, so yes, i believe portion of reviews in steam came from marketing budget.

2) Nope, i didnt, i only leave reviews when i burn myself out.

That explains it. I can't argue because we cannot prove anything without facts, but you should understand your belief means no game can have even 81% rating which is clearly wrong as there are excellent and cheap (or even free!) games. I hope you are aware reviews from refunds are not taken into account for rating.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

6 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

That explains it. I can't argue because we cannot prove anything without facts, but you should understand your belief means no game can have even 81% rating which is clearly wrong as there are excellent and cheap (or even free!) games. I hope you are aware reviews from refunds are not taken into account for rating.

We can actually prove it but problem is proving something in "west" equals to "documents", unless review companies and "influencers" willing to share those, which are i am sure protected by non-disclosure agreement.

I didnt say i dont believe 81 rating is impossible. Look at indie games with no budget in marketing. Company i worked in Kiev, always provided accounts to us for example, we just had to create an organic text, since market during that time was flooding with machine text.

Not sure how steam review works, i can still see Product refunded reviews, you mean their rating is not added to percentage?

Edited by Skaldy

@Skaldy And one more thing which is relevant and quite surprising for me. I created 3 mods and on average each of them has about 100 subscribers after 400 unique visitors. Now guess which and how many positive/negative reactions the mods got. 4 positive and 1 negative! As we can clearly see people are lazy to positively react to things they got even for free (I could avoid publishing the mods, I created them for myself), but some people are so bad and stupid, that they react negatively to fact that other players have different preferences. I mean there is a chance that Steam rating is lower than game deserves, you can often see reviews when people give negative review after hundreds and even thousands of hours.

Edited by sandman25dcsss

1 hour ago, sandman25dcsss said:

@Skaldy And one more thing which is relevant and quite surprising for me. I created 3 mods and on average each of them has about 100 subscribers after 400 unique visitors. Now guess which and how many positive/negative reactions the mods got. 4 positive and 1 negative! As we can clearly see people are lazy to positively react to things they got even for free (I could avoid publishing the mods, I created them for myself), but some people are so bad and stupid, that they react negatively to fact that other players have different preferences. I mean there is a chance that Steam rating is lower than game deserves, you can often see reviews when people give negative review after hundreds and even thousands of hours.

ah yes, i call it "media overdose creates idle consumers". It means too much content for certain mediums will lead to irregularities between viewer numbers and actual people who interact with the medium. I mean if you are watching any youtube, creators constantly ask for likes and comments to create artificial traffic for themselves. University i use to work with had active research on the data(organic commentary, detecting age and intent etc.)

my criteria for steam reviews is, waiting a year and checking oldest "highly recommending" commentary, if they still have 8 hours gameplay time, you will know.

55 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

Yes, they are ignored when calculating rating.

lol, that actually supports my initial commentary about taking away 20 points for fake stuff

Edited by Skaldy

4 minutes ago, sandman25dcsss said:

@Skaldy

I always check last reviews. One year old review can be completely irrelevant after many patches and DLCs.

Removing refunded reviews is an excellent idea. Otherwise it is too easy to create false reviews and manipulate rating. Isn't it obvious?

probably i wasnt clear, 1 year old comments might be irrelevant for you, but not for data. If you are trying  to detect fake commentary it is more than eligible data, because steam displays game play times. I am not going to touch DLC farce because it is on its own a farce.

So removing someone's bad experience from rating is not manipulation for you but keeping refunded negative reviews is manipulation? Interesting ,why do you think people would deliberately pay money to keep their negative reviews?or why would people deliberately create fake negative reviews at all? I mean steam refund policy is flawed as it is.

You just can't let those stupid remarks go, can you @Skaldy? If you would be even half as intelligent as you think you are, you wouldn't be posting daft remarks like a mischievous toddler on any conversation with controversial opinions. I just read your name and know this discussion is going down the hill in 3, 2, 1 ... go! 🙈

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Skaldy said:

my criteria for steam reviews is, waiting a year and checking oldest "highly recommending" commentary, if they still have 8 hours gameplay time, you will know.

What games have you noticed this sort of stuff happening with?  Also what percentage of the reviews like this do you consider to be suspicious, since there are some people who might play for a few days, leave a positive review and then get sidetracked by their life or another game without anything sinister going on. I feel like it would have to be a fairly large percentage to even begin to prove your point, but hey I'm open to it.

I don't mean to give you "work" but you sound you are talking out of your ass and have basically said you don't have any solid proof, so I'm interested in your fuzzy proof.

Anyway I like the game and I talk with people who are also liking it, so it getting good reviews is not suspicious to me.

JA3 barely had any marketing budget to begin with, let alone budget for underhanded tactics.

If you watched any of the dev streams, especially on Youtube, you would have seen that there were barely 100 to 200 people watching most of the time. The reviews for the game came out on the 13th of July and there was no prehype videos or content from Youtubers. Compare this with Baldur's gate 3 or Starfield who were getting so much content months before their release.

I have no data how much was the marketing budget provided by THQ Nordic. On Youtube and Haemimont's website there was more content for their other new game - Stranded: Alien Dawn, than for Jagged Alliance 3.

The demo itself is a very nice touch which could been launched at the start of July but I guess that is up to the publisher. Very few games nowadays have a working demo which you can download.

If you liked JA2 just get JA3. It is THE JA now better than ever, more complex than ever. Newcomers may test if they like kinda  game.

And well, if you like chess combined with an open world and some management and a thick atmosphere & fun simply get it as well without testing.

@Melliores yeah to me it looks like Haeamimont had a project for the whole game but the sales predictions were low so they decided what's crucial and what's not to cut the costs. Some things can be added later like the ingame internet websites and mercs. Looking at Surviving Mars Haeamimont can support game with a lot o dlcs if there are players. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, StoProGratis said:

@Melliores yeah to me it looks like Haeamimont had a project for the whole game but the sales predictions were low so they decided what's crucial and what's not to cut the costs. Some things can be added later like the ingame internet websites and mercs. Looking at Surviving Mars Haeamimont can support game with a lot o dlcs if there are players. 

Hoping for, Most of us playing JA3 now are "veterans" form JA1 and mainly JA2. Oldies we are and I am actually 64. Do not know if the kids like kinda game. For me is np to pay it all to get more. I will pay any upgrade. If Haeamimont now stops it would be a pity and the game will fully fall into the hand of the modders. While I was  never a friend of to much modding changing balances and all this.

This game is not for kids for sure. I am overwhelmed with weapons variety, currently having about 10 different AR of 5 different types and not sure which ones to use (ammo is not an issue for me). Game has quite bad UI for comparing weapons, we don't see modifications unless we enter special mode and I am tired of reading long lines of text just to see what properties the weapon has.

Game really needs ability to rename weapons so I can name one "don't aim", another as "overwatch", third "couch long aim", fourth "attack first", fifth as "stealth" etc. Game shows modifications in inventory screen but those icons don't tell anything to me, they are too similar: small size and black color. Realism really hurts here, it would be much easier to differentiate weapon modifications if they were displayed as icons (yes, as cartoonish as red circle, green triangle and blue square).

Edited by sandman25dcsss