What about DLC`s?

alfius

Hi! Even before the game release, there were plenty of jokes about the number of DLC`s for Tropico from these devs. 
I think there are many people who already want several DLC`s) Have developers got any news about it? 

My personal hope is that at least one of DLC`s would be about communist's extermination. For example, Cuba or North Korea. Or at least it wouldn't be at Africa 

Actually we need more communism around the game world. Ivan has for good reason anti-capitalist protective gear. 😉

Now, to the topic at hand - they haven't mentioned anything yet about additional content. The focus now is on fixing bugs and launching the mods tools in two batches.

I would wager they will wait to see what mods appear and are popular and then try to develop content to the players' preferences.

16 minutes ago, marcinl0 said:

ok any big dlc is planned for JA3 - any info please.

The game has only been out for 2 weeks. As per the twitch stream they will be releasing the modding and map tools this month, as well as other patches. Give it a few months before they start taking about DLCs.

6 hours ago, sandman25dcsss said:

There are no real countries in the game.

I mean examples for imagine countries. 

5 hours ago, Melliores said:

Actually we need more communism around the game world. Ivan has for good reason anti-capitalist protective gear. 😉

Now, to the topic at hand - they haven't mentioned anything yet about additional content. The focus now is on fixing bugs and launching the mods tools in two batches.

I would wager they will wait to see what mods appear and are popular and then try to develop content to the players' preferences.

I was born in communist country, work in a history society, and now live in other post-communist country so I know what I am tolking about. 

• 2 months later...
On 10/26/2023 at 11:21 PM, StoProGratis said:

Me too! This is the first game since GTA V that hooked me!

I wish for more AIM mercs from older JA games or something like Unifnished Business 

I hope it takes part on some other side of the world. For example, North Korea (Ian Currie, I hope you read this one!), or Cuba, or, at least Balkans(former Yugoslavia). Shooting freaking commies empty heads in a turn-based tactic game (the best one!) — what could be more fun? I would play it permanently forever, I swear! 

I would love for the next JA game to be set in a fictional Eastern European or Caucasus country. And if Metal Gear Solid 3 has taught us anything, you can still make jungle levels if you're in former Soviet-Russia.

Other than that, a DLC for JA3 should contain the obvious: more mercs, more guns, more sectors. Personally, I'd like them see explore the Diesel subplot more: for example making it canon that Siegfried got away and that his super-soldiers are now wreaking havoc on Grand Chien.

Adding vehicles would also be nice, perhaps another Skyrides who can move your mercs in his helicopter, or even helicopters as powerful enemies on the battlefield.

• Like 2

On 10/31/2023 at 11:21 AM, Frank said:

I would love for the next JA game to be set in a fictional Eastern European or Caucasus country. And if Metal Gear Solid 3 has taught us anything, you can still make jungle levels if you're in former Soviet-Russia.

Other than that, a DLC for JA3 should contain the obvious: more mercs, more guns, more sectors. Personally, I'd like them see explore the Diesel subplot more: for example making it canon that Siegfried got away and that his super-soldiers are now wreaking havoc on Grand Chien.

Adding vehicles would also be nice, perhaps another Skyrides who can move your mercs in his helicopter, or even helicopters as powerful enemies on the battlefield.

Yes, more of Grand Cien would be great. Especially some big city sectors with searchlights, machine gun nests with gunners and lot's of snipers.

As vehicles it would be cool to fight some light armored vehicles and thanks. 

Skyrider hmm I somehow like that there's no chopper in the game so my second team that works for a peanuts have something to do. But maybe it would be cool if someone could give us a ride between cities like on savannah because it takes a lot of time to travel there.

I think that Africa has a very few biomes and types of architecture. There aren't big cities, or snow, or old buildings. There aren't different cultures and fractions which represent them. I think that we saw almost everything that Africa could give us in the original game JA3, so why would I want more of the same thing? DLCs have to have some links with the original game, but most of all it has to have something completely new. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, alfius said:

I think that Africa has a very few biomes and types of architecture. There aren't big cities, or snow, or old buildings. There aren't different cultures and fractions which represent them. I think that we saw almost everything that Africa could give us in the original game JA3, so why would I want more of the same thing? DLCs have to have some links with the original game, but most of all it has to have something completely new. 

Huh, What?
Please try to learn some geography and history of Africa (wich is a huge continent, not a tiny country), you will probably change your mind on the subject.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

... actually fascinating, like every other topic when you decide to educate yourself on and it turns out to be deep. 

Back to topic, I think lots of people have an idea how vastly different some African cultures and environments are from each other and they would welcome another chapter somewhere in Africa. Those who don't think it would be much different may even find something new they can learn - as they did in the base game. 

On 11/5/2023 at 10:08 PM, alfius said:

Africa has a wide variety of biomes, perhaps even more so than other continents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biome#/media/File:Vegetation.png

And there are in fact high mountains with snow tops in Africa. Though I would agree that, outside of the pyramids, it has very little old architecture to speak of.

As for the big cities, there are actually many cities with over 5 million inhabitants in Africa. Besides, JA games have until now always taken place in fictional countries, so that's a moot point.

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2023 at 4:41 PM, Frank said:

Africa has a wide variety of biomes, perhaps even more so than other continents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biome#/media/File:Vegetation.png

And there are in fact high mountains with snow tops in Africa. Though I would agree that, outside of the pyramids, it has very little old architecture to speak of.

As for the big cities, there are actually many cities with over 5 million inhabitants in Africa. Besides, JA games have until now always taken place in fictional countries, so that's a moot point.

Of course there is deep rain forests in Africa, around the Congo area, as i know its even the second biggest rain forest of the world after the Amazon.

Dont agree with the last line, there were lots of architecture, historical buildings in the Sub Sahara (Black Africa) but the colonial forces destroyed most of them in their invasion.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The additional free content released in mid December was awesome. An entire network of underground tunnels/bases, bunkers, WW2-era Nazis, some special gear. I loved it! It was great and perfect for a high level team. 

More like that, definitely!  This team is seriously doing a good job.

• 2 months later...