How important is making your own character?

GODSPEED

How important is making your own character?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want...

• ...JA1? I just want a bunch of mercs as my playthings; I'm the master of puppets!
    • ...JA2? I want to HONESTLY answer a questionnaire to find out WHO I really am!
    • ...JA2 1.13? I know who I am!! Just let me tell you exactly what I'm like!
    • ...something else? Please explain below!

Here goes with abusing the poll feature 🙂
Thanks to SWi74 for noticing it!

Nostalgia and "fun" tell me to go with the questionnaire, but I appreciate defining who I want to be as in 1.13

I am voting for Questionnaire because I think it is a cool thing.

Edited by GODSPEED

I enjoy the questionnaire, but never liked to identify as the main character in a game. 

23 minutes ago, Sarin said:

questionnaire should be optional

That could work. IMP just being a psych evaluation website that you get your permit from. When creating a character the stats traits/stats would be set according to your IMP profile, but changeable. If you like you could go straight to character creation.

How important you asked. At first, I thought "It is important", because I enjoy it. In fact it isn't important at all. JA without it would still be just as good.

I'd vote against more than one character design. It ruins the devs work on the default roster.

6 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

Here goes with abusing the poll feature

I don't think we have the people to abuse it tbh 😄 Why are there so few of us.

When we first talked about polls, I thought you meant dev-published polls, which is where the actual feedback would be. Devs should be the ones abusing it.

But, yeah, we could totally vote for the length of Raven's hair, while we wait... 😄

45 minutes ago, SWi74 said:

I don't think we have the people to abuse it tbh 😄 Why are there so few of us.

When we first talked about polls, I thought you meant dev-published polls, which is where the actual feedback would be. Devs should be the ones abusing it.

But, yeah, we could totally vote for the length of Raven's hair, while we wait... 😄

I did mean dev-published polls... although I'm pretty certain they already have their work set up for them and don't really need our input. It's just me being hopeful that they would want the community input.

They may be wanting to wait a little bit to get more users on the forums? Don't really know, maybe if they are quiet because they are busy.. haha.. that's a good thing I guess!

I did try and invite some Steam users to the forums here... and well, it does take time before news goes around.

Morrowind had the best character creation setup;

You could answer questions, select a pre-defined class or simply select each and every attribute yourself.
That would be the best here too!

If there will be a questionnaire, then the list of skills hidden under each answer will quickly appear on the internet, as it has been so far. That way, no one will even read these questions and answers. It's just waste of time for producing such thing. It's just waste  Even a small table with a selection of specific skills will be a much better choice.

Edited by Inveris