Music in JA3

Acid

1 hour ago, Acid said:

If we don't like the music in JA3, will we be able to switch it out for JA2 music? 🙂

Certainly not, because it is a licensed product which is part of JA2 and if you would like to use that music, you will have to buy the JA2.

There will certainly be a new music for JA3 for sure and giving us the ability to switch between the old and the new, would be a very nice surprise, but at the same time it would have no business justification.

No I doubt it will be available at launch. However, if there are Mod tools to be released I am sure some crazy modder would fix it. Although truth be told, XCOM 2 has that option to play music from the first XCOM, but I never use it as the second soundtrack is excellent by itself.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm sure some modder(if there are mod tools) will put the old music back in, I only say this because I love the old JA2 music, it added so much to the vibe of the game.

But I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hope that they create a good music soundtrack for the game.

Edited by Acid
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

The music (soundtrack) should be full of adrenalin but most times when i play i turn off the soundtrack anyway, instead i would like to hear the sound of the environment, more like realistic nature or animal sounds. Like as example when we are around the swamp area at the night we should be hearing a wonderful frog 🐸  orchestra. When we are in the forest, jungle area or ruins there should be owl sounds to creep up our skin even more, it would add us up much more excitement, then suddenly out of nowhere we get ambushed. 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 5:02 PM, LoboNocturno said:

The music (soundtrack) should be full of adrenalin but most times when i play i turn off the soundtrack anyway, instead i would like to hear the sound of the environment, more like realistic nature or animal sounds. Like as example when we are around the swamp area at the night we should be hearing a wonderful frog 🐸  orchestra. When we are in the forest, jungle area or ruins there should be owl sounds to creep up our skin even more, it would add us up much more excitement, then suddenly out of nowhere we get ambushed. 

This please!

@LoboNocturno This is among the best ideas I've heard in a long time!

I wold like it to be dynamic. Meaning, when there is some tense situation, or battle, there has to be music to make you FEEL something is going on.

But outside of combat, I want to hear the wind, the leaves, the frogs and crickets.

when I walk into a village, I want to hear the noise of a nearby vehicule, some voices talking near a bar, some birds flying by.

I wish we could pin this post.

• Like 2

Regarding @LoboNocturno idea of ambient sounds. A bit of a random thought hit me. Would it be cool (or not) to have radio stations / tv stations reporting on what is going on in the country during the conflict? Maybe from different angels depending on who supports the specific station?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2022 at 7:14 AM, Hendrix said:

Regarding @LoboNocturno idea of ambient sounds. A bit of a random thought hit me. Would it be cool (or not) to have radio stations / tv stations reporting on what is going on in the country during the conflict? Maybe from different angels depending on who supports the specific station?

I think so! Like preset radio news while walking by a town, where they talk about the gain or loss of the most recent city or sector that was lost or captured.. with some flavour talk added.

This is a little bit like the idea of the "newspaper" articles in a version of 1.13 I believe (I know other games have also touched this style of thing with newspaper articles in loading screens and such).

AWESOME IDEA!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, GODSPEED said:

This is a little bit like the idea of the "newspaper" articles in a version of 1.13

Yeah, that could also be a nice touch. Having a in-game-online-newspaper reporting the events in the game.

The "in-game-media" could also be used to direct players to interesting places and stuff in the game world.

• Like 2