Jagged Alliance 3 - THQ Nordic Showcase Trailer

Wigen

Ohhh WOW is the trailer out already separately ? Just watched it on live stream some mins ago, that was damn fast. Downloading it just now to put it on my USB and watch it over and over again.

Blood effects was ok, could be better though and i liked how the enemies falling down when they are collapsing.

• Like 1

Also what i noticed about the new video is during the game the mercs arent talking by audio but there is like a chat line, so when they say something there coming a text line only, which is imo pretty dull. Also the mercs portrait face arent moving, just pictured what is another lil down side.

• Like 2

Well, it is definitely better than in the previous editions. At first I thought that we were getting an area of 10m by 10m of the topographic grid and so we move in turns and fight, but still looking at the announcement it looks quite OK.

• Like 1

We still dont know if we will be having night time in the game but guess there will be where we can do our unique night ambushes with our night vision and all.

The weapons what they showed, looks like older weapons from the 70s or so lol but good to see we can have around 4 tools to add to our weapons.

Why no bipod on the FAMAS? Integral bipod is that rifle's one thing. edit: Apparently removing the FAMAS's bipod to mount a scope was a historical requirement.

A few new mercs in this trailer. Smiley, Omryn and Fauda

3 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

We still dont know if we will be having night time in the game but guess there will be where we can do our unique night ambushes with our night vision and all.

The weapons what they showed, looks like older weapons from the 70s or so lol but good to see we can have around 4 tools to add to our weapons.

One of the earlier shots showed the game was set in 2000AD, soon after JA2. A good choice IMO, since Ivan is so linked to events in 1991 you can't advance the timeline and keep them as is. It also means guns are a lot less samey, and accessories aren't as omnipresent. As for the Night Vision, the FAMAS in the trailer has a thermal scope.

Edited by Nanashi
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Flowable said:

So i wonder if they teased a possible release date. About 26 seconds in the video it shows 09-12 on the VCR. Maybe it's nothing, maybe it's something.

As true JA fans as Haemimont said they are, they have to put some eastern eggs in the game. I watched this trailer two time yesterday to find some. 

May be we can write to admin@aim.com for more details )))

It is worth noting that during the presentation of the weapons, there is no trace of information about the used AMMUNITION. Nothing at all. At the same time, it raises legitimate concerns that this aspect may be simplified to the maximum and the ammunition may not be at all - just a bit like in XCOM.

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MEXAHUK said:

And 2024...

I really don't mind waiting two more years for the game, even if that means we'll get a real Jagged Alliance 2 sequel.

Two years isn't as much as it seems. 🙂

Edited by Wigen
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wigen said:

I really don't mind waiting two more years for the game, even if that means we'll get a real Jagged Alliance 2 sequel.

Two years isn't as much as it seems. 🙂

Myself i dont mind waiting a lil longer but something very proper please, but it will take somewhere around mid to late 2023 anyway still it will come for PlayStation and other consoles.

7 hours ago, Flowable said:

There is a sign of you Biff at 1.59 in the trailer a few M.E.R.C. Survivors and character named Biff. 

Biff the red haired useless annoying merc from JA1 & JA2 ?

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Flowable said:

one of those two, not for certain if it's the release date or maybe a demo

Most likely 9th of December since the developer and publisher are both based in Europe and use day-month-year system. Yup, a demo would be great.

48 minutes ago, LoboNocturno said:

Biff the red haired useless annoying merc from JA1 & JA2 ?

Heeey... I'm really not that bad, once you get to know me! 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/13/2022 at 7:53 AM, LoboNocturno said:

Also what i noticed about the new video is during the game the mercs arent talking by audio but there is like a chat line, so when they say something there coming a text line only, which is imo pretty dull. Also the mercs portrait face arent moving, just pictured what is another lil down side.

Couple of things I was hoping for in the trailer, was the Mercs talking, and animated portraits, but they could just be place holder, the VA and HUD is usually last in the development cycle isn't it?

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 10:21 PM, ghostmech007 said:

So no sign of IMP. Which isn't a dealbreaker but a big bummer.

I feel the same and my hope is that it'll be included somehow, if not with 1.0, then at the very least through some kind of expansion/DLC.

• Confused 1

It doesn't look like there's any character customization at all just yet. Buns has a helmet and armour equipped but they don't actually show up on her character. But it's no big deal since each character seems to have their own unique look.

The grenades seem to work like Back in Action, where one grenade is actually a stack of grenades. It also looks like they don't need repairing, so no more "Doh!" grenade failures.

Also, the first-aid kit has no status/durability or stack size, which might mean medics never run out of supplies? Buns has a bandage special ability on her bar, so maybe healing is a cooldown ability.

Inventory.png

actionbar.png

• Sad 1

I don't think I feel as excited or neither surprised at what I've seen.

I was maybe crossing my fingers and hoping I wouldn't get the feel of an xcom clone with a different skin and a few tweaks. But, that is what I got.

I don't hate xcom, but overwatch? NO THANKS!

Clunky UI. JA2 from 1999 had a simpler UI and wasn't locked on target with buttons to click.

Feeling a little down after the trailer... only thing that really stood out to me was map design looked interesting. But we didn't see much, only a few built up locations. What kind of terrain will we have? Jungles? Forest? Waterfalls? Desert? Oasis? Roads? Day/Night cycle?

This felt like a simple extension from the trailer we saw in September of 2021 BC.

Edited by GODSPEED