Wich dropped JA1/JA:DG merc would you like to see return to JA3?

Hendrix

5 hours ago, Claypl said:

Malice would be good addition to psycho roster as well.

Oh please.. he is the worst. Im happy he got kicked out of AIM.

Btw. My vision of Jagged Alliance 3 Alumni gallery:

Trevor Colby. We glad to tell you that Trevor quit AIM and created his own successful software company in Sydney. In 2000, he got in top-10 richest people in Australia according to the Forbes magazine.

Dr. Clifford Highball. Unfortunately Doctor Cliff has retired for health reasons. Neighbors reported they dont remember last time they saw him sober.

Bull. Jhon Peters left AIM half a year ago and currently works as a security guard in a gay club in Florida.

Static. Under the influence of drugs, Kirk Stevenson unintentionally set fire in Houston Zoo, which caused damage of 200 thousand dollars and death of oldest parrot Cockatoo. Sentenced to 5 years in state prison.

Lynx and Buzz. In deepest regret we announce the tragic end of the "Romeo and Juliet" of AIM organization. Lynx and Buzz shot each other right in the courtroom when they tried to figure out who would get their common dog "Mr. Biggles". This incident led to increased security measures in government organizations.

Malice. Jean Pierre Viau dismissed from the AIM organization for multiple violations. We dont know where he is now.

Hope Mr Ian Currie read this forum. ^__^

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

6 hours ago, Povok said:

I miss Dimitri. Poor Dimitri.

Unlikely to see him return though. He was useful in a support squad (decent marksmanship even) as a repair guy and a mule to carry stuff around. 

Poor Dimitri. He fought for his family. He fought bravely for his country.

I don't think Dimitri had any interest in becoming a mercenary. He was probably only invested in liberating Alruco.

3 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

Btw. My vision of Jagged Alliance 3 Alumni gallery:

Trevor Colby. We glad to tell you that Trevor quit AIM and created his own successful software company in Sydney. In 2000, he got in top-10 richest people in Australia according to the Forbes magazine.

Dr. Clifford Highball. Unfortunately Doctor Cliff has retired for health reasons. Neighbors reported they dont remember last time they saw him sober.

Bull. Jhon Peters left AIM half a year ago and currently works as a security guard in a gay club in Florida.

Static. Under the influence of drugs, Kirk Stevenson unintentionally set fire in Houston Zoo, which caused damage of 200 thousand dollars and death of oldest parrot Cockatoo. Sentenced to 5 years in state prison.

Lynx and Buzz. In deepest regret we announce the tragic end of the "Romeo and Juliet" of AIM organization. Lynx and Buzz shot each other right in the courtroom when they tried to figure out who would get their common dog "Mr. Biggles". This incident led to increased security measures in government organizations.

Malice. Jean Pierre Viau dismissed from the AIM organization for multiple violations. We dont know where he is now.

Hope Mr Ian Currie read this forum. ^__^

Brilliant writing! Perfectly fits the JA Tone of Voice imho. I would argue though that killing both Lynx and Buzz (or any other merc actually) seems to be a suboptimal decision in several ways (obviously I'm biased as Lynx has been my favourite merc since JA1).

Eliminating seasoned vets from the roster forever locks the devs out of many options including pretty pragmatic ones like adding them back through a DLC. I bet the "Lynx + Buzz" bunch would sell like hot cakes both to the older audiences ("Old friends are back!") and to the newer ones ("Two good and relatively affordable snipers in one pack!").

From the player's perspective it doesn't look cool either — many of us waited for this game for 24 years. Almost a quarter of a century. While I totally understand it's impossible to include all the mercs in it — it would require too much writing, modelling and voicing — it is definitely not the right moment to deprive people of the hope to see their favourite characters — be it Lynx or Buzz or Malice or Cliff or whoever — again at least at some point in the future. 

And while I really like the overall style and humour I believe such an end to the story would be a bit too logical and predictable. Not insane enough for a JA game. For me it feels more fun to make them take a break from their work and retreat to a Caribbean island together in a pathetic attempt to repair their relationship. Unexpected, absurd, jagged 😉

Edited by moqueur
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Lunokhod said:

I'd like to let the soap opera continue.

Lynx and Buzz : Surprisingly, they got back together. Buzz has even undertaken the writing of her new book 'Overwhelmed, Over Lynx'. They are enjoying a romantic trip somewhere in Africa. We at AIM sincerely hope they get back in one piece.  

• Like 1

His blond moustache and mullet remind me of German holiday-makers that I would see during the '90s, when I visited various parts of the Mediterranean. They seemed to favour the same look that British men often sported in the '80s.

That said, I don't remember any such holiday-makers casually standing one foot on a box marked 'EXPLOSIVES'.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Raven Charlene Higgens said:

I want Mike and everyone from JA2 rebels: Miguel, Ira and Dimitri 🙂

Mike is dead, Miguel is now ruler, so he's kinda tied up outside of any potential mercenary business.
Carlos and Dimitri are most likely the same story as Miguel, and they definitely have no motivation to leave a country they just liberated.

This leaves only Ira, from the rebels, as a viable "mercenary" (she was already part of foreign aid, so she might reasonably make the jump to foreign A.I.M.).

Edited by Jaywalker

3 hours ago, J1v1n said:

Mike isn't dead, he worked for me in Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 and helped to liberate Arulco, he is alive and well. 😎

LOL I love that MOD, though it took me a few save/load to not die or accidentally killed him to recruit him. He's just so so good at everything, plus the attitude.

Edited by Raven Charlene Higgens