Jagged Alliance 3 - Your IMPs

LoboNocturno

Lets post our IMP`s in here, my very first IMP is Darwin "Wendigo" Salazar,

A very good all arounder and leader.DarwinWendigoSalazar.thumb.png.03960109ef87da03e3c84615c4624ed3.png

Name : Darwin Salazar

Nickname : Wendigo

Stats :

HEALTH : 79 
AGILITY : 84 (Yes i took @Kordanor`s advice from his last video 🙂)
DEXTERITY : 64
STRENGTH : 79 (Its a important skill imo and a male merc should have above average power, storage & throwing grenades further)
LEADERSHIP : 51 (Around mid game it will hit the 60s with some militia training )
WISDOM : 75 (Smart enough)
EXPERIENCE LEVEL : 1
MARKSMANSHIP : 77 (1 of the fastest growing stats, mid game it should be in high 80s)
MECHANICAL : 12 (Kalyna in the start, shortly after surely Vicki)
EXPLOSIVES : 21 (Barry in the start, later on Fidel & Fauda)
MEDICAL : 8 (Will manage with Buns medical 49, later on may Dr.Q)

Trait : Psycho

Skills :

● Night Ops

● Stealth

Mine is...well..rather boring I guess. Which is why I would not have been sad if there was no IMP (I am too much of a minmaxer).

Health: 85
Dexterity: 85
Strength: 85
Wisdom: 85
Marksmanship: 85
Ledership:40
Mechanical: 0 (will likely hire Livewire)
Explosives: 0 (Barry at start, and probably till the end, not a Fan of Fidel, I always liked Hurl 😛)
Medical: 0 (Plenty of People have decent medical, I got MD but also Fox)

Trait: Diplomat
Skills:
-Night Ops
-Grenades (the thing is, that I dont see the added value of having multiple stealth chars. If you make a full stealth team, it makes sense, but otherwise, you will probably only have one stealth char, probably with a special talent. My initial impression was that Grenades are super powerful. The grenade trait makes that even more powerful. And while explsosive skill plays a roll, I never had anything bad happening. If they explode in your face, you dont get damage)

Edited by Kordanor

@DougS2K Classic skill choice combo 😂

Health: 75

Agility: 85

Dexterity: 75

Strength: 70

Wisdom: 85

Marksmanship: 80

Leadership: 80

Mechanical / Explosives / Medical: Zero

Trait: Negotiator

Skills: Night Ops and Teaching

Early game leadership mercs are pretty scarce, plus it's an RPG, so that's what I'm going with. She's the best sniper on the team so far, too.

• Like 1

Honestly, the only interesting thing in IMP creation is the trait combination, which for me is:
Scoundrel: free weapon swap sounds juicy, and Buns already has Negotiator
Night-Ops: I never go with anything else for the IMP (unless there's more than one)
CQC Training: Synergy with the generally close range combat during night time

I want to tell a few facts here about our IMP, what i directly noticed after 10 hour gameplay is our merc (even if our IMP has a solid leadership) it just doesn't feel like a leader or commander of our squad like it did back in JA2 (where our merc thrown some speeches once a while, directly from the game you could feel its our main merc and the leader of the team, as he/she would have the letter of Enrico), i would always let my IMP talk to the NPC`s most of the times but its greatly missing in JA3.

I dont want to cry too much but the base game has only 5 or 6 portraits (models, i like the models though all are serious looking) in total which is too small imo (there should be some more in the base game) and also we dont have a voice option again (all have their American accents which is pretty dull imo.) Yes with modding we can change all that but still the base game should offer us more options imo.

So overall in the base JA3 IMP creation is pretty poor, no voice options to choose from, cant select a flag of nationality for our merc (which could be easily done) and most importantly our IMP is not giving us the leader feeling anymore.

• Like 2

Sorry but it feels like Haemimont dont wanted to install the IMP to JA3 but then they said lets do it (while yawning 🥱 with minimal effort. I mean you can see & feel something when its made with love & effort),  the IMP merc was the key of the team back in JA2, had a letter of Chivaldori in his inventory and was just leading the team, just like Miguel was leading the rebels.

Also in the intro where we meet Chivaldori in a rainy night somewhere in Czech Republic its our IMP that meets him there.

Then the game starting just like that after Emma`s speech, without any proper intro. Not even a short landing scene with a boat or helicopter (those are may small details but its important for the atmosphere and in total what makes a game more complete.)

5 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

I want to tell a few facts here about our IMP, what i directly noticed after 10 hour gameplay is our merc (even if our IMP has a solid leadership) it just doesn't feel like a leader or commander of our squad like it did back in JA2 (where our merc thrown some speeches once a while, directly from the game you could feel its our main merc and the leader of the team, as he/she would have the letter of Enrico), i would always let my IMP talk to the NPC`s most of the times but its greatly missing in JA3.

I dont want to cry too much but the base game has only 5 or 6 portraits (models, i like the models though all are serious looking) in total which is too small imo (there should be some more in the base game) and also we dont have a voice option again (all have their American accents which is pretty dull imo.) Yes with modding we can change all that but still the base game should offer us more options imo.

So overall in the base JA3 IMP creation is pretty poor, no voice options to choose from, cant select a flag of nationality for our merc (which could be easily done) and most importantly our IMP is not giving us the leader feeling anymore.

I was really hoping they would have added more IMP merc portraits before release and was shocked they didn't. 

I've just made one,

BUT

If I would do it again, I would do the procedure COMPLETELY different. 

I would build a maxed out MEDIC, EXPLOSIVES and MECHANIC all at once.

This way he serves the role of 3 mercs ... in other words, I can use 2 extra lots for high quality markmanship guys.

So this IMP and 5 headhunters. That's the 6 head army squad that is really ready to kick some #ss!

Taught by experience, Marksmanship is a very weak choice.
You only need about 70 not to miss when in range to hit at all in the first place, and you can fix most of your shooting problems with a Bipod, you need 60 of everything else to be able to contribute to Operations and you will miss out on the juicy perks if you aren't at least 80 in the relevant stat by the time they roll in (the 90's ones are fun, but not that big of a deal to miss out on)

By far the biggest thing to do is to hit at least enough strength (75?) for the bigger backpack.

Edited by Jaywalker

UncleNickIMP1.jpg.17cf4052b5711196bbc60be5d8541a91.jpg

Uncle Nick is max out (85) on Marksmanship, Agility, Leadership, Wisdom and 30 Medical. Some dexterity, and average Strength.

Strength is not a big requirement if you are not the breecher/crowbar guy, grenadier/explosives or heavy weapons guy, and we no longer have to carry ammo. Just carryig the one IFAK medical kit in the back pack.  

22 hours ago, LoboNocturno said:

Agree with the portraits and the sentiments on role of the IMP. It feels really lackluster.

I guess when the entire game is voice-acted for the other MERCS it would be a lot of work to voice act x amount of different voices to make the IMP a central part of the game.

2 hours ago, Raeven said:

Oh, I don't want to cheat. I'm just saying that I did the classic JA2 IMP move of sliding those to zero but I'm regretting it more than I thought I would.

wHY?

Mine is also 0 on mechanics

IMP.png

Edited by StoProGratis

On 7/15/2023 at 3:45 PM, LoboNocturno said:

the IMP merc was the key of the team back in JA2, had a letter of Chivaldori in his inventory and was just leading the team, just like Miguel was leading the rebels.

The letter is just in the inventory of the first merc you hired. It was only in your IMP's inventory every time because you created your merc before hiring anyone from AIM every time.

On 7/15/2023 at 3:45 PM, LoboNocturno said:

Also in the intro where we meet Chivaldori in a rainy night somewhere in Czech Republic its our IMP that meets him there.

What are you basing this on?

On 7/15/2023 at 7:23 PM, DougS2K said:

I was really hoping they would have added more IMP merc portraits before release and was shocked they didn't. 

But...they did.